C & A Diamond question

I looked for a complete list of Diamond category benefits and didn’t see internet.  It has been a long time since I sailed RCCL, mostly we are on Celebrity but we do have a Mariner OTS sailing coming up.

is there free Internet?  I thought I read it somewhere on Cruise Critic.

Thanks,

Linda 

FYI, it's almost always cheaper to buy the internet package in advance than to wait to do so onboard using your discount, though a 3-day cruise might be the exception. It can be close. And if you wanted it for 2 people or 2 or more devices, it is always cheaper in advance.

Onboard, the price will be $19.99/day for SURF+STREAM and $15.99/day for SURF.

Advance prices vary of course, but most sailings usually see a $13.99/day offer on SURF+STREAM or less at some point, and $11.99/day for SURF.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, true45 said:

Our sailing is for 4 days

I’ll be busy with grandchildren but husband will want his iPhone 😀🦜

Thanks

You can skip the first day since you will be in port most of the day.  If you start the first free 24-hour period at noon the next day, you will have it until noon the 3rd day.  One more day for the second free 24-hour period.

• Like 2

That's what I do also.  Wait until noon or after on the second day, which will bring me to noon the next day on just one coupon.  There is also packages towards the end that will offer a discount on just buying the remaining time on the cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

So if you are D+ does it work out better to but internet in advance?  I use mine and then use dh's. 

Depends on how many devices, how many days you need coverage, etc. 

5 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

So if you are D+ does it work out better to but internet in advance?  I use mine and then use dh's. 

I don't buy it in advance.  D+ both get two 24 hour periods for no charge.  Not signing in until mid day second day brings me to almost the last day.  I have often picked up the very reduced discount for the "remainder of your cruise" they offer towards the end of the cruise... if needed. 

I only use one device.  DH does not do internet or email.   

Also keep in mind if you go to St. Thomas or San Juan...for me (AT&T) it is local call, internet.  Plus you can find internet cafes in ports....just look for the crew members gathering place.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

FYI, it's almost always cheaper to buy the internet package in advance than to wait to do so onboard using your discount, though a 3-day cruise might be the exception. It can be close. And if you wanted it for 2 people or 2 or more devices, it is always cheaper in advance.

Onboard, the price will be $19.99/day for SURF+STREAM and $15.99/day for SURF.

Advance prices vary of course, but most sailings usually see a $13.99/day offer on SURF+STREAM or less at some point, and $11.99/day for SURF.

The prices you quote are only per day when you are buying for the voyage.  If you buy literally per day, the prices are much higher.

Just FYI

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I don't buy it in advance.  D+ both get two 24 hour periods for no charge.  Not signing in until mid day second day brings me to almost the last day.  I have often picked up the very reduced discount for the "remainder of your cruise" they offer towards the end of the cruise... if needed. 

I only use one device.  DH does not do internet or email.   

Also keep in mind if you go to St. Thomas or San Juan...for me (AT&T) it is local call, internet.  Plus you can find internet cafes in ports....just look for the crew members gathering place.  😉 

Basically, we only need for one device and I use mine then in 2nd 24 hrs of dh's I buy what I'll need for rest of the trip, if necessary.  I need it for work.  On a 7 day I can usually make it without buying anything but on longer trips I need to buy.  It would be nice to know what it's going to cost onb8, but I guess that's too much to ask.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Basically, we only need for one device and I use mine then in 2nd 24 hrs of dh's I buy what I'll need for rest of the trip, if necessary.  I need it for work.  On a 7 day I can usually make it without buying anything but on longer trips I need to buy.  It would be nice to know what it's going to cost onb8, but I guess that's too much to ask.

onb8?  

Just now, njkruzer said:

Oops! Onboard.  Sorry, should edit better.

OK...got it.  Guess I never really paid attention.  The freebie perk has worked for me, but I am retired.  Can see your concern with work however.  Wish I could be of more help.

Just now, island lady said:

OK...got it.  Guess I never really paid attention.  The freebie perk has worked for me, but I am retired.  Can see your concern with work however.  Wish I could be of more help.

We're retired also, or dh is and I work on my laptop as we travel.  Have wifi and laptop, will travel.  Try to use the free stuff when possible. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

We're retired also, or dh is and I work on my laptop as we travel.  Have wifi and laptop, will travel.  Try to use the free stuff when possible. 

I hear ya.  I like to take my laptop on the longer cruises, prefer to use in my cabin.  Am going to be looking for a smaller one for travel only.   I don't like using the phones for internet, prefer full keyboard.  

• Like 1

Usernames & Logins can be used on multiple devices, but only on 1 device at a time (Logon/Logoff).

We pre-purchase 1 package and I use the 2 Diamond days. On longer cruises I borrow Nancy's device, we Login/Logoff, or pre-purchase a 2 device package.

We will adjust on 3-4 day cruises once we hit D+ in September.

• Thanks 1