Ship docks at 8am in St. Thomas. Private tour leaves at 9am

Gishua_

Hey Everyone. 

We are wanting to book a private catamaran tour in St. Thomas for September 3rd. The Equinox docks at 8am, do you think it is possible to make it to the close by docks by 8:45 am for a 9am departure?

Thanks for any insight!

Since we are the only ship in port on September 3rd. I believe we would be docking at Havensight. ?

The address for the Catamaran is located at :

5304 Yacht Haven Grande, Suite 100, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 00802, USVI

All RCI and Celebrity ships now dock at Crown Bay. RCI signed a 10 year contract with CB in about 2016. So if your tour is near Havensight I would contact them and clarity meeting time. But I still think they will give you time to reach the departing site. 

3 hours ago, Gishua_ said:

I confirmed online that it is Crown Bay... Ugh it seems impossible to get near Havensight by 845-9am if we are scheduled to dock at at Crown Bay at 8am. 

Since you will be the only ship in port that day, the tour vendor should really want your business and be willing to accommodate you.

Have you contacted them to find out if they will be willing to pick you up (and drop you off) at Crown Bay that day?

Getting from Crown Bay to Havensight will take less than 30 minutes at 8 am. There will be plenty of cabs when you get through the shopping arcade.  If you want to avoid the mad dash you can walk outside the arcade on the land side.  There might even be some cabbies there that would cut the lines since they enter the pier area at the north end where you dock. You do want a cab and not a jitney to town.

It will take longer to return to Crown Bay in the afternoon. Traffic is heavier in the afternoon.

Have a great cruise.

16 hours ago, Gishua_ said:

Hey Everyone. 

We are wanting to book a private catamaran tour in St. Thomas for September 3rd. The Equinox docks at 8am, do you think it is possible to make it to the close by docks by 8:45 am for a 9am departure?

Thanks for any insight!

Probably is the correct answer, but the real question is:  Is this private tour so special you want to stress about it?   There are plenty of catamaran options available, I'd pick one that better fits with the schedule. 

On 8/8/2019 at 4:43 PM, Gishua_ said:

Since we are the only ship in port on September 3rd. I believe we would be docking at Havensight. ?

Your ship is not the only ship that day.  The Seaside with over 5000 passengers will be there. Seaside docks at 7 am.

I would look for alternate tours in Crown Bay or choose a later tour.  No need to stress over this.

Edited by keesar

On 8/8/2019 at 1:31 PM, Gishua_ said:

Hey Everyone. 

Thanks for any insight!

Do you have any room on your catamaran tour?  If you are booking with a company that might have room can you share.  We are on the same sailing and really haven't planned anything.

Thank you

Marie

On 8/8/2019 at 4:43 PM, Gishua_ said:

Yacht Haven Grande is right next to Havensight and if the ship docked there it would be very convenient. But I believe you will be docking at Crown bay.

Edited by Arzeena

On 8/10/2019 at 10:45 AM, beachgirl32931 said:

Do you have any room on your catamaran tour?  If you are booking with a company that might have room can you share.  We are on the same sailing and really haven't planned anything.

Thank you

Marie

Hello Marie,

We have not made a decision yet but when we do I'll let you know.  Getting close now! :)

Crown Bay is not convenient to Havensight or the main town shopping area or other places we have enjoyed in the past, including  beaches and  an X excursion boat to St John for snorkeling,

We were docked  there once on a Royal  C cruise  when it first opened up with very few stores and NO places to eat.  There was no trouble getting a cab into town where we had lunch and walked around...but on the return to Crown Bay we had  a taxi driver who was so reckless that I wanted to get out and walk.....but the walk is VERY  long and dangerous. Guess he was in a rush to dump us off and puck ip another fare.  Never again!

Why not look for sn excursion that leaves from Crown Bay area.? 

Hopefully it has improved!

That's what we'll do.  Losing  Havensight is a shame!