Enchantment Cruises Cancelled

Several folks on Enchantments sailings out of Galveston next year are saying they received noticed their cruises are cancelled.... note below.

I'm already booked on 3 for next year, but I'm super eager to find out what the "more immersive experience including additional ports"  looks like.  

hmmm....

68894935_2933504189998889_2627677295388655616_n.jpg

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I love longer cruises with farther-away ports.... I wish Royal offered more 10-12 day cruises in the Caribbean.  Hopefully they're realizing there's a market for some longer cruises too, not just a week or shorter!

Do repositioning and transatlantic cruises then . 

5 hours ago, ssb said:

Do repositioning and transatlantic cruises then . 

Those aren't in the Caribbean, and the airfare for those is prohibitive compared to Caribbean cruises.  

I'll do them someday (I adore sea days), but don't have several thousand extra dollars sitting around at the moment. 

• Like 1

I'm in the middle on this...

Still working and still have kids in school so anything longer than 7-day is usually out of the question for us.

but I'm so tired of the same islands over and over again.

I just want a 7-day with different islands OR  with Overnights   just something to mix it up a bit.

Our cruise isn't impacted by this move, but when I heard about it and shared it with my wife, she immediately said, " I'm interested in "more immersive experience including additional ports" I want to find out what it is so we can book it.

I reminded her we already have 3 weeks of cruises booked and I only get 2 weeks vacation,  I can use holidays and personal days to cover the 3rd week but a 4th is pushing it! lol 

I’ve been curious as to these motives as well. I’m wondering if they’re going to try some 8 or 9 day runs to Coco Cay out of Galveston. 

It appears they’re doing everything they can to get more bang for their bucks out of their island and just about every change lately seems related to it. 

Edited by HicksRA

17 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Several folks on Enchantments sailings out of Galveston next year are saying they received noticed their cruises are cancelled.... note below.

I'm already booked on 3 for next year, but I'm super eager to find out what the "more immersive experience including additional ports"  looks like.  

I’m intrigued with the possibility of additional ports!  I wonder, does  “immersive experience” mean overnights - or longer port calls?

Thanks for the heads-up.   Looking forward to more information 

18 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’ve been curious as to these motives as well. I’m wondering if they’re going to try some 8 or 9 day runs to Coco Cay out of Galveston. 

It appears they’re doing everything they can to get more bang for their bucks out of their island and just about every change lately seems related to it. 

Weird thing is Enchantment was already scheduled to do a CocoCay run next summer.

Galveston to Key West, Coco Cay, and Nassau on a 7-day.    So who knows?

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

Weird thing is Enchantment was already scheduled to do a CocoCay run next summer.

Galveston to Key West, Coco Cay, and Nassau on a 7-day.    So who knows?

Yes, I’m thinking maybe they’re possibly going to try to schedule more. 

Interesting.

I just booked a B2B on the Enchantment, for January 6 (a 4-5 run).

Since Enchantment was doing a 5-5-4 sequence, it catches up every two weeks. If Royal eliminates the 4-day run, what would they replace it with to keep on a repeating schedule?

Steve