Recommendations for Embarkation Day Lunch?

Just now, island lady said:

Thanks!  Bucky loves his hot dogs, but we still have not tried Boardwalk yet.  We keep hitting it at the wrong time.  

That's where we usually go on embarkation day.  I remember back when Oasis first debuted no one knew about the Park Cafe.  Sometimes now that is as busy as the WJ is

• Like 1

Just now, molly361 said:

That's where we usually go on embarkation day.  I remember back when Oasis first debuted no one knew about the Park Cafe.  Sometimes now that is as busy as the WJ is

Agree...not a fan of Park Cafe on embarkation day.  Getting in line to get food not a problem, it's trying to find a seat to enjoy your lunch that is a problem.  It gets nuts out there in Central Park.  If not CK (my favorite place for embarkation day lunch 😉 )...then for me it is Solarium Cafe.  

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Wipeout is another option.

Oh yeah...forgot about that one.  Though on one of my Oasis cruises...one of the Jewish groups had taken that over totally for the entire cruise for their Kosher meals.  No one outside the group allowed all week.  

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree...not a fan of Park Cafe on embarkation day.  Getting in line to get food not a problem, it's trying to find a seat to enjoy your lunch that is a problem.  It gets nuts out there in Central Park.  If not CK (my favorite place for embarkation day lunch 😉 )...then for me it is Solarium Cafe.  

Hopefully will be having lunch in CK on Sunday😇🍺

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh yeah...forgot about that one.  Though on one of my Oasis cruises...one of the Jewish groups had taken that over totally for the entire cruise for their Kosher meals.  No one outside the group allowed all week.  

Wow, never heard of a group taking over a food venue before.

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Hopefully will be having lunch in CK on Sunday😇🍺

You will love it!  We go straight up there, drop our carry on bags just behind the hostess stand (you will see many of them there), then let the host/hostess seat us for a nice quiet lunch.  Don't forget complimentary beer and wine with your relaxing lunch.  Nice to linger, and before you know it...cabins are open.  Ahhhh...one of my favorite perks for sure!  😍

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Wow, never heard of a group taking over a food venue before.

And they took over Blaze during the cruise as well.  Was a very big group.  And they were not the neatest people on board.  When we would walk by, Wipe out Cafe had food all over the tables and floor.  Pretty sad.  Very rough on the crew members also.  

Edited by island lady

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

And they took over Blaze during the cruise as well.  Was a very big group.  And they were not the neatest people on board.  When we would walk by, Wipe out Cafe had food all over the tables and floor.  Pretty sad.  Very rough on the crew members also.  

I've seen groups take over Blaze or Dazzles before, that's not uncommon, but a food venue for the entire cruise is something else!

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I've seen groups take over Blaze or Dazzles before, that's not uncommon, but a food venue for the entire cruise is something else!

We were surprised as well.  This is one for upcoming Allure.  

https://www.kosherica.com/kosher_cruises/yeshiva-week-budget-sailing/

Edited by island lady

The hordes go to the Windjammer.

The people who think that they are smarter than the hordes go to the Park Café.

The people who actually ARE smarter than the hordes go to the Solarium Bistro.

😁  😁  😁

P.S. I think that it's mean to suggest Coastal Kitchen, when you know that most people asking the question, and mostly likely the OP,  do not have access.

2 hours ago, Queen of Oakville said:

One thing I noticed on our last cruise - Park Café no longer has chip bags.  you used to be able to get a back of sun chips or lays to go with your sandwich.  They did not have these on Symphony.

Had bags of chips on the Anthem in May......

1 hour ago, island lady said:

What is Wipeout?  That wasn’t on our Symphony cruise.

3 hours ago, Queen of Oakville said:

One thing I noticed on our last cruise - Park Café no longer has chip bags.  you used to be able to get a back of sun chips or lays to go with your sandwich.  They did not have these on Symphony.

We just off the Harmony, there were no chips in the Park Cafe day 1. 

Later in the cruise the Park Cafe had chips but there were out of sight, you had to ask for them.

i guess they were going through a lot of chips when they were visible.  Lou

26 minutes ago, loudbmw said:

We just off the Harmony, there were no chips in the Park Cafe day 1. 

Later in the cruise the Park Cafe had chips but there were out of sight, you had to ask for them.

i guess they were going through a lot of chips when they were visible.  Lou

Wonder if there is a limit on the number of bags you can take.  Hopefully people wouldn't be so brazen to ask for 10 bags!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Wonder if there is a limit on the number of bags you can take.  Hopefully people wouldn't be so brazen to ask for 10 bags!

Seems odd that they would even have to make a limit.

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Seems odd that they would even have to make a limit.

Yes it does, but some people are just selfish.  I once saw a woman in the United Club at the airport dump an entire full basket of "munchies" into her purse and calmly walk off.

"Back in the day", when they were VERY strict on not being able to take food or drink out of the Concierge/Diamond Lounge, I watched a woman, every day, bring in a tote bag, the size of a beach bag, and fill it with cans of soda, bottles of beer, and just for good measure, hors d'oeuvres wrapped in napkins.

😨

Yes, I mentioned something to the Concierge.  He just shrugged.

11 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

"Back in the day", when they were VERY strict on not being able to take food or drink out of the Concierge/Diamond Lounge, I watched a woman, every day, bring in a tote bag, the size of a beach bag, and fill it with cans of soda, bottles of beer, and just for good measure, hors d'oeuvres wrapped in napkins.

😨

Yes, I mentioned something to the Concierge.  He just shrugged.

No doubt he was fearful of the repercussions of saying something to this selfish, entitled woman.  I'm glad you at least brought it to his attention.