Oceana Winter Cruises

bee-ess

Had this list of replacement Oceana cruises from  our TA today if anyone is waiting for them

The new programme will go ON SALE Tuesday 20th August 2019 and will include the following exciting itineraries:

• 10 Oct 2019 - Malta to Southampton (Repositioning) - 10nts
• 17 Oct 2019 - Malta to Southampton (Repositioning) - 17nts
• 27 Oct 2019 - Canary Islands - 14nts
• 10 Nov 2019 - Northern Cruise Break - 7nts
• 17 Nov 2019 - UK to Caribbean Roundtrip including Panama Canal- 35nts
• 22 Dec 2019 - Canary Islands - Christmas & New Year - 14nts
• 05 Jan 2019 - Atlantic Coast Iberia - 14nts
• 19 Jan 2019 - Canary Islands - 14nts
• 02 Feb 2020 - Atlantic Coast Iberia - 14nts
• 16 Feb 2020 - Northern Cruise Break - Half Term- 7nts
• 23 Feb 2020 - Canary Islands - 14nts
• 08 Mar 2020 - Atlantic Coast Iberia - 14nts
• 22 Mar 2020 - Southampton to Malta (Repositioning) - 11nts
• 22 Mar 2020 - Southampton to Malta (Repositioning) - 18nts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If we'd seen that one for Christmas before now we would have been seriously tempted as for once we can actually do it as it works around out school holiday dates. Not the most exciting but I think there are some nice itineraries for anyone who has not done them before.

Just had an email too - I let friends know as they had been booked on Oceana and were hoping to book something else when the new itineraries were released. They contacted their own TA who said they had been given this info from P&O but there was an embargo on releasing it until 19th (I think he said 19th) but certainly not now!  Oops!  They wouldn't give out any info and said they had no prices at this stage but it seems P&O won't be too pleased.  Not surpringly, they've got nothing on their own website.

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Can anybody enlighten me to what the Northern cruise break is likely to refer to?

Is it Norway or somewhere more exotic like Wigan?😀

Don't know - Bruge ?, Amsterdam ?, Hamburg ?

That and Iberia should be nice in the Winter.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Can anybody enlighten me to what the Northern cruise break is likely to refer to?

Is it Norway or somewhere more exotic like Wigan?😀

Sorry not Wigan the pier is not long enough. 

Perhaps they should call it near continent.

BTW those itineraries are very like Iona’s for 20/21

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We are already booked on a snow holiday for half term February --- they will have to go a long way North surely !

Well, they may just be coming to South Shields or Whitley Bay.........eh Dai!😉

1 minute ago, happy v said:

Well, they may just be coming to South Shields or Whitley Bay.........eh Dai!😉

How about Finish Lapland ?? It is land locked though so more likely to be Lancashire or even further North ;-)

There is a TA who has listed the Northern Cruise ports as Amsterdam, Hamburg and Bruges. I found it by googling Oceana winter 2019. I wish it was the Northern Lights.

I am looking at the Northern cruises if the price is right but not convinced I want to go to those places in November or February.

• Like 1

Northern Break - Wigan whats wrong with Wigan, we are very exotic - as our user name suggests

(Tongue in cheek)  we are only an hour from the sea, but the Leeds Liverpool canal might be a tight squeeze.

Yes the pier is a bit short but I'm sure we could manage!!! No tenders required.😂😂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

There is a TA who has listed the Northern Cruise ports as Amsterdam, Hamburg and Bruges. I found it by googling Oceana winter 2019. I wish it was the Northern Lights.

I am looking at the Northern cruises if the price is right but not convinced I want to go to those places in November or February.

I've just looked at them again. They are 7 night cruises so not long enough for Northern Lights.

Like you I don't fancy this itinerary in February. May as well go to Whitley Bay!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, happy v said:

I've just looked at them again. They are 7 night cruises so not long enough for Northern Lights.

Like you I don't fancy this itinerary in February. May as well go to Whitley Bay!

We did Amsterdam and Bruges on Oceana in February a couple of years ago, had a lovely time although Amsterdam was so cold! Expect Hamburg would be really cold then!

26 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

We did Amsterdam and Bruges on Oceana in February a couple of years ago, had a lovely time although Amsterdam was so cold! Expect Hamburg would be really cold then!

I don't mind cold but it could be wet and miserable. Just like home.🙂

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Wrap up warm and enjoy these beautiful Cities.

Not quite Dubai but a small step up from Wigan....😀

Andy

I would love to really. However in February our family will be basking in the sun 😋 at center parcs

• Haha 1

The 14 night Atlantic Coast Iberia Cruise seems a bit odd. I can see 10 nights but 14 nights seems long unless it ventures into the Mediterranean and maybe calls at ports not in Iberia. I guess I’ll have to wait to find out the ports of call. 

11 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The 14 night Atlantic Coast Iberia Cruise seems a bit odd. I can see 10 nights but 14 nights seems long unless it ventures into the Mediterranean and maybe calls at ports not in Iberia. I guess I’ll have to wait to find out the ports of call. 

Perhaps there will be a number of extra Portuguese ports  included, which would be excellent.  There could be a lot of slow circle cruising between Porto and Lisbon! 

Found on another site - not comprehensive, but might give a general idea.

Atlantic Islands - 14 nights

Featuring a headline call to Madeira and the very best of the Canary Islands, including Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote, as well as calls to Lisbon and Seville from Cadiz.

Departs: 27 Oct '19; 22 Dec '19; 19 Jan '20 ; 23 Feb '20. 

Atlantic Coast & Iberia - 14 nights

Delivering iconic destinations on the Iberia peninsula, from Lisbon all the way round to Barcelona, with calls to Valencia, Seville (from Cadiz) and Malaga in-between.

Departs: 5 Jan '20; 2 Feb '20; 8 Mar '20

Caribbean & Panama Canal - 35 nights

The highlight of Oceana’s new programme is a 35 night Caribbean cruise round-trip from Southampton that will deliver both exploration and relaxation. Caribbean islands and Central American destinations are supported by a headline partial-transit of the Panama Canal, where Oceana will traverse the lock system and head into Gatun Lake, before returning to the Caribbean Sea. Alongside this incredible transit will be a wealth of visits to Caribbean islands, including Barbados and St Lucia, and discovery destinations in Honduras and Costa Rica.

Departs: 17 Nov '19

Northern European City Escapes - 7 nights

Offering a wealth of culture, with a headline overnight call to Amsterdam (from Ijmuiden), as well as the iconic Hamburg and Bruges (from Zeebrugge). The cruise in February also coincides with February Half Term.

Departs: 10 Nov; 16 Feb

Repositioning Cruises - 10-18 nights

Oceana will transit between Valletta and Southampton at the start and end of her new winter programme, delivering some of the most iconic Mediterranean destinations on the way, including Rome (from Civitavecchia), Barcelona and Florence & Pisa (from Livorno).

Departs: 10 Oct (17n); 17 Oct (10n); 22 Mar (11n & 18n)