Mitsugirly BREAKAWAYs for a summer cruise: Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

Oh my goodness hoping for a speedy and complete healing for you.  Love your reviews and have used a ton of them as research in the past.  And for this one, I will be doing this itinerary on Breakaway October 13 so thanks much for this.

On 8/14/2019 at 10:07 AM, pebbles1102 said:

Also, have you every been over to Jost Van Dyke?  One of our stops is Tortola and I am trying to decide between the Baths and the Rebel Yell over to Jost Van Dyke.  Any input would be appreciated.

Pam, I have been to The Baths and done Rebel Yell to JVD.  They are very different experiences.

Rebel Yell is a wonderful ride with a great captain and crew. Usually there are two departures and two returns - they can make the run twice on most cruise calls.  You get a few hours there.  The beach bar is quintessential Caribbean, and the proclaimed home of the drink known as The Painkiller.  Food is typical beach bar.  Beach is perfect.  This is one of my favorite places in the world.  

The Baths on a small tour, as I did it, is fun and interesting, but it's an activity with walking, climbing and clambering through the boulder field. Then perhaps a little time to relax on a beach, and usually there is a drink vendor nearby.  I have read that ship tours arrive with 50 people or more at a time and it is a slow difficult process to get everyone through the boulders.  I do not like the sound of the reports I have read like this.  But if you have already been to JVD and have never seen the Baths, then, well, go for it.

Hope that helps and you can easily see my suggested choice.

So sorry about your accident.  wishing you the very best.  Speedy and 100% recovery are wished for you.  I broke my wrist this April, surgery, plate installation and therapy.  it will get better.  Take the time to take care of you.  Hope all is well soon.

Oh no! That’s awful. Like others, wishing you a speedy recovery. If there’s a bright side to this, at least it happened AFTER your cruise rather than before, or worse, during your cruise.  Either way it sucks, hopefully you’ll be back (literally) on your feet soon.

Hi Kim,

I’m another one who reads all of your reviews but rarely comments. I love them!!   I have taken a couple of excursions I read about on your reviews and absolutely love hearing about your family and watching Sakari grow.  I even heard of what a puddle jumper is from you and my grandson is just loving using it this summer in our pool. 

Wishing you success in your surgery and physical therapy.  Judy

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Not the OP either..but @twangster just posted his visit from a day or so ago to Jost Van Dyke on his live blog from Empress of the Seas if you want to take a look:

If you go to Kim's website and look at her Tortola posts she reviews the Baths. I remember her having a difficult time on the paths and through the boulders.

Kim, I hope you are better soon. Sorry to hear about your accident!

Kim, I’m so sorry to hear about your injury. I hope you have a speedy and full recovery. When you are able, please let us know how your recovery is going. Recovery isn’t always easy, I know that from my own first hand experience. Remember during those tough times that there are a lot of people here pulling for you. You will get through this.

Sending some cute cute sea creatures your way in lieu of flowers. They seem more “you” to me somehow. Hope they make you smile. 🐡 🐬 🐙 🐟 

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 2