Dumb pizza question

mlshum

I know that you can now use the Hub app and have pizza delivered to your location for an additional charge.  Has anyone done this?  Did they bring the whole pizza?  What was the charge?  Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

IIRC, they are about 8" in diameter. Or it could be 10". Trying to recall from memory. It was about 11 pm after I'd had about 6 Funships. :classic_cool:

I love Funships. It's the first drink I get when boarding. But 6?  How did you not lapse into a sugar coma? 🍹🤣

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I love Funships. It's the first drink I get when boarding. But 6?  How did you not lapse into a sugar coma? 🍹🤣

The alcohol negated the effects of the sugar? :classic_blink:

Funship????  Will have to try on next cruise.  We are partial to Miami Vice.  

Just looked it up, perfect combo with pizza.   

• 1 1/2 oz Bacardi Light Rum.
  • 1 oz Vodka.
  • 1/4 oz Apricot Brandi.
  • 1/4 oz Amaretto.
  • 6 oz Fruit Punch

SOOO trying this. 

Edited by Diggerof4

As a matter of fact, now that I think back on it, Funship Specials were the only drink I had while on the 5 day, except for 1 beer, and 2 Fresca's that I brought on board. So yeah, I got to where I liked them....a LOT!

4 hours ago, Diggerof4 said:

Funship????  Will have to try on next cruise.  We are partial to Miami Vice.  

Just looked it up, perfect combo with pizza.   

• 1 1/2 oz Bacardi Light Rum.
  • 1 oz Vodka.
  • 1/4 oz Apricot Brandi.
  • 1/4 oz Amaretto.
  • 6 oz Fruit Punch

SOOO trying this. 

Rum, vodka and brandy; how can you go wrong!?! #delicious.

4 hours ago, Solo1959 said:

With the delivery, is it the same pizza from the pizzeria? Or is it different?

When we ordered pizza on Liberty, it definitely didn’t come from the pizzeria located by the aft pool on deck 9. There were several of us who ordered/ate pizza and everyone agreed it was not the same pizza as the pizzeria, which we had gotten the day before on embarkation day. We are going on Liberty again in less than two weeks. I plan to find out where they make the pizza for delivery. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

This was not our experience on Liberty. See my last comment for additional info. 

I had heard from someone on my last cruise that it was much different, more similar to a RCL pizza. But that was just hearsay, I was hoping to get an answer, like yours, that told how it really was. Thank you.  

5 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

It's the same, from the same place, by the same people...

That's interesting because it is different than what someone had told me. It might very well depend on the ship, and the supply in the room service station.

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

When we ordered pizza on Liberty, it definitely didn’t come from the pizzeria located by the aft pool on deck 9. There were several of us who ordered/ate pizza and everyone agreed it was not the same pizza as the pizzeria, which we had gotten the day before on embarkation day. We are going on Liberty again in less than two weeks. I plan to find out where they make the pizza for delivery. 

We were on a cruise on Horizon when it was being piloted.  We were down in Havana area and ordered on......for the two attendants (for their hard work keeping us imbibing on a regular basis in the Havana pool.  I assumed it was from Lido.  You sound pretty sure, can you describe why you feel so?

50 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

We were on a cruise on Horizon when it was being piloted.  We were down in Havana area and ordered on......for the two attendants (for their hard work keeping us imbibing on a regular basis in the Havana pool.  I assumed it was from Lido.  You sound pretty sure, can you describe why you feel so?

The pizza I had from the pizzeria was thin crust while the pizza that was delivered to the atrium bar (that’s where we had it delivered) was thicker. I didn’t notice a big difference taste wise but the crust was definitely thicker on the the pizza that was delivered. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The pizza I had from the pizzeria was thin crust while the pizza that was delivered to the atrium bar (that’s where we had it delivered) was thicker. I didn’t notice a big difference taste wise but the crust was definitely thicker on the the pizza that was delivered. 

Interesting, I did not notice the one we ordered as they took it in the back room to eat.  

I've ordered the pizza from room service and it was definitely different than the one from Pizza Pirate.  I was more of a thick crust pizza.  Maybe when you order from the Ap, it goes to Room Service??  Not sure.  I've never seen anything at the Pizza place that would produce the "bill" you have to sign if they are charging your S&S $5.  

10 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Could it be the room service pizza? 

15 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

When are you going on the Liberty?  I am on the August 30th sailing.