Quality of Laundry Service on MSC

Nashna

Hi GSC,

There are laundry packages on MSC, that you can purchase ahead of time or on board.

The packages are based on number of items, and are offered as 10, 20 or 40 items of laundry.  There is no offer that resembles what you may have enjoyed on HAL.

Just a clarification, the laundry is all done for you for the end of the cruise, correct? At least that’s what the wording on their website seems to indicate. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Just a clarification, the laundry is all done for you for the end of the cruise, correct? At least that’s what the wording on their website seems to indicate. Thanks!

That's the new wording, alright, DCG  ..."back home again" package.  I have the 40 item one booked for our Mera cruise;  I'm hoping that, being in YC, I won't have to send everything together.  Anyway, I only want some items ironed at the beginning of the cruise;  I was able to use our 10 item package in this way on Seaview at the beginning of the month.  I'll report back on how I got on.

Edited by Beamafar

5 minutes ago, GreenSmoothieCruiser said:

I have another question, who knew laundry could be so complicated? 😉

When looking at the various packages online, specifically the "BACK HOME CLEAN - 40 PIECES", does this mean you have to send 40 pieces at one time or can you split it over the time of the cruise? 

Sorry, I think I found my own answer in the "fine print":   Item allowance must be used all together in a single delivery

That's the new wording, alright, DCG  ..."back home again" package.  I have the 40 item one booked for our Mera cruise;  I'm hoping that, being in YC, I won't have to send everything together.  Anyway, I only want some items ironed at the beginning of the cruise;  I was able to use our 10 item package in this way on Seaview at the beginning of the month.  I'll report back on how I got on.

Thank you,@Beamafar. I only ask because it’s more likely I’ll need items ironed at the beginning of (or during) the cruise-by the end I don’t really care if things are wrinkled because I’m going home.

Thank you,@Beamafar. I only ask because it’s more likely I’ll need items ironed at the beginning of (or during) the cruise-by the end I don’t really care if things are wrinkled because I’m going home.

40 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I'm also hoping that this is the case on Meraviglia. 

We have done 4 BTB on MSC and always gotten the 40 item laundry package.  We usually send 6 to 8 items at a time till we get to the 40 items.  Never have we done 40 items at one time...We send the travel clothes we wore to the ship plus the second day for the first laundry bag, then every couple of days we send a few more.  Great service and they do a great job for everything on hangars. 

27 minutes ago, CarolnLarry said:

We have done 4 BTB on MSC and always gotten the 40 item laundry package.  We usually send 6 to 8 items at a time till we get to the 40 items.  Never have we done 40 items at one time...We send the travel clothes we wore to the ship plus the second day for the first laundry bag, then every couple of days we send a few more.  Great service and they do a great job for everything on hangars. 

Thank you for sharing. This sounds like a great plan for us as well. 

Is it safe to submit a men's suit for ironing only?  We have the 40 item package and a big part of it was for wrinkle removal.  We are spending a few days in Paris before the cruise and anticipate some wrinkled formal wear.

My laundry voucher has different instructions:  "

LAU040 - Back Home clean 40 - BACK HOME CLEAN ALL 40Extend the relaxation after a wonderful long holiday by returning home with your shirts and trousers washed, dried and ready to put away.Ideal for families or couple on longer cruises, this service means you and your cabin companions can have garments washed and ironed any time during your cruise, or washed and ready for packing the day before departure (max 40 items per cabin). Dry cleaning is excluded. Items are collected before 10am and returned before 5pm the following day.On the last day of the cruise(day prior disembarkation), up to 10 items per cabin are collected before 9am and returned before 5 pm the same day. Silk, wool, men?s suits and evening dress are excluded from the last day service as they require special treatment.Note: This offer cannot be combined with promotions reserved for MSC Yacht Club and MSC Club Members."

7 minutes ago, PatBan said:

My laundry voucher has different instructions:  "

LAU040 - Back Home clean 40 - BACK HOME CLEAN ALL 40Extend the relaxation after a wonderful long holiday by returning home with your shirts and trousers washed, dried and ready to put away.Ideal for families or couple on longer cruises, this service means you and your cabin companions can have garments washed and ironed any time during your cruise, or washed and ready for packing the day before departure (max 40 items per cabin). Dry cleaning is excluded. Items are collected before 10am and returned before 5pm the following day.On the last day of the cruise(day prior disembarkation), up to 10 items per cabin are collected before 9am and returned before 5 pm the same day. Silk, wool, men?s suits and evening dress are excluded from the last day service as they require special treatment.Note: This offer cannot be combined with promotions reserved for MSC Yacht Club and MSC Club Members."

Well, those instructions plainly contradict MSC's other language about it being a one-time deal. Not sure I want risk paying for something that I won't be able to use.

7 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Bea we had the 20 and 40 packages on our Preziosa 2 weeks and Splendida 4 week cruises earlier this year (YC) had no trouble sending 4/5/6 items at a time.

I have the package for Meraviglia and expect to do the same

Yeah ... we had the 10 piece package last month (primarily for ironing - much cheaper than what we used to always do by paying for individual items) and were able to send things out piecemeal.  Hopefully we'll have a better butler to deal with than the one we had on Seaview!

• 2 weeks later...

Strange one that, for Meraviglia, it's indicated everything has to go in one (says the same on mine), but not on Seaside.  The same wording was on our laundry voucher for Seaview as is yours for Seaside.  🤔  Left hand, right hand etc.  🙄

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 7:35 AM, emmas gran said:

.........our Preziosa 2 weeks and Splendida 4 week cruises earlier this year (YC) 

We've been on Preziosa YC, if I remember correctly it was a few weeks after you.  We have booked Splendida YC for March 2021 and have been fortunate (I think) to get Cabin 15001, a larger type YC1.

How did Splendida (same itinerary - 14 night no sea day Caribbean) compare to Preziosa ?

Is the TSL smaller as deckplan tends to show ?