Favorite Non Oasis Class Ship

If you want something similar to Oasis but you just cant afford Oasis I suggest the Voyager class.   Freedom is nothing more than Voyager class with more cabins....   so take the more intimate version and sail a Voyager class ship.   

That being said  Voyager wouldn't be my favorite non-Oasis class ship.....  for me that distinction goes to the Radiance class.  Adored Serenade.

Had been looking forward to my now cancelled Symphony cruise to experience the ship and all the amenities.  But we wouldn't use many of the attractions such as flowrider, slides, zip line etc and kind of turned off by the number of kids that would be on board. Sounds like Radiance class is probably a good fit for us. Which Radiance class ships sail from Florida?

8 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Had been looking forward to my now cancelled Symphony cruise to experience the ship and all the amenities.  But we wouldn't use many of the attractions such as flowrider, slides, zip line etc and kind of turned off by the number of kids that would be on board. Sounds like Radiance class is probably a good fit for us. Which Radiance class ships sail from Florida?

Brilliance usually from Tampa.  Serenade had been sailing from Port Everglades, but I've lost track of which port in South Florida hosts a Radiance class ship in the fall/winter/spring season. 

35 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Brilliance usually from Tampa.  Serenade had been sailing from Port Everglades, but I've lost track of which port in South Florida hosts a Radiance class ship in the fall/winter/spring season. 

Correct, Serenade out Port Everglades Nov until next Spring. Then next Nov2020-Spring2021 will be replaced with Vision. Will miss my Serenade but will be doing my first Vision Class in over 17yrs

Edited by ONECRUISER

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Correct, Serenade out Port Everglades Nov until next Spring. Then next Nov2020-Spring2021 will be replaced with Vision. Will miss my Serenade but will be doing my first Vision Class in over 17yrs

You will enjoy Vison.  Larger main pool area than Radiance class and more visibility from the Solarium.  I'd miss the outside WJ seating though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Come join us down under on Serenade.  🙂   

I am on Vision B2B2B this January, and Rhapsody B2B the following month.  Agree...love the little Vision class ships as well.  Sorry to see them being sold off.  😞 

Edited by island lady

We are not fans of the Oasis (and above) class of ships.  Our favorites are Jewel (ask for Ben Amor in the dining room), Radiance, Vision, Rhapsody, and Serenade. 

One of our best cruises was the Serenade from Vancouver to Hawaii.  Now that Southwest flies to Hawaii we are thinking of a redo.

However, we also are happy with the Adventure, but that's more due to the crew than the ship.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Come join us down under on Serenade.  🙂   

I am on Vision B2B2B this January, and Rhapsody B2B the following month.  Agree...love the little Vision class ships as well.  Sorry to see them being sold off.  😞 

Tempted, but without the last leg of return out yet. Also missed the boat, like get my Aft/Corner cabin but still been checking for cancellations. Been lucky in past...

Of the current RCCL ships, I've sailed Empress class (when she was Nordic Empress), Vision class (Grandeur and Vision), Radiance class (Radiance), Quantum class (Quantum and Anthem).  Will sail Voyager class in a few days (Adventure).  So far, no Freedom or Oasis class.

Empress  - I don't really remember much about the ship (my last sailing on her was 10/2001).

Grandeur & Vision - authentic cruise ship feel; relaxing.

Radiance - beautiful ship (sailed on the maiden revenue cruise).

Quantum - floating resort / amusement park.

19 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Tempted, but without the last leg of return out yet. Also missed the boat, like get my Aft/Corner cabin but still been checking for cancellations. Been lucky in past...

I have to move four times.  😞   But I do have 9256 for two B2B legs.  😉  Hump cabin on the way up to Honolulu, but not bad idea to be mid ship if the Pacific decides to get a bit bouncy.  

The only place I can think that Serenade will go from Honolulu, after the 2021-2022 bookings are out, would have to be Vancouver.  Serenade is joining Quantum for round trip Alaska cruises out of Vancouver.  With Jones act...Serenade cannot go to US port for disembarkation from Honolulu.