Booking dinner at Pinnacle Grill

shipgirl56

1 minute ago, shipgirl56 said:

Can you make reservations online before the cruise? And, if you can book online,  when does that become available online to book? (How far in advance of cruise)

Yes indeed, you can make reservations on line before the cruise.  Just log in and go to manage your bookings.  Your credit card will be charged immediately.

It’s hard to say how soon they open up as it seems to depend on if your cruise is close to the new year or not.  Those in 2020 will probably not open up until October or November.

Generally speaking though, PG dinners become available around 6 - 9 months out depending on your cruise.

Just check on a weekly basis/periodically and when they are available go ahead and book (and bring your confirmation with you).

7 minutes ago, shipgirl56 said:

How does it work when you have Pinnacle Grill for two with the Explore 4?

The dining times and dates are assigned on board.

You can certainly see if you can change them onboard but it will depend on how many people have Explore4, etc.  

As another of your posts deals with Explore 4 questions, I assume you are speaking of the complimentary PG dinner,

the complimentary Pinnacle Grill dinner time will be assigned to you, and you will receive notice of it by an invitation/card delivered to your cabin.   It should be there when you first enter your cabin, along with other cruise info material, tour tickets, etc.

A reminder card will be delivered to your cabin either the night before, or the morning of your reservation.

If the time assigned for your dinner is not suitable to you, then you can call or visit the Pinnacle Brill to change the reservation, based on whatever is still available.

It is NOT possible to pre-book the time or day for the complimentary PG dinner on line (at least not at this point in time).

Hope this helps

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

18 minutes ago, CJcruzer said:

As another of your posts deals with Explore 4 questions, I assume you are speaking of the complimentary PG dinner,

the complimentary Pinnacle Grill dinner time will be assigned to you, and you will receive notice of it by an invitation/card delivered to your cabin.   It should be there when you first enter your cabin, along with other cruise info material, tour tickets, etc.

A reminder card will be delivered to your cabin either the night before, or the morning of your reservation.

If the time assigned for your dinner is not suitable to you, then you can call or visit the Pinnacle Brill to change the reservation, based on whatever is still available.

It is NOT possible to pre-book the time or day for the complimentary PG dinner on line (at least not at this point in time).

Hope this helps

Carol

Thanks Carol!

33 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Has anyone had luck in cancelling the complimentary (Xplore 4) dinner for a credit? We've already booked the PG and I just found out we also have a complimentary dinner.

In the past we have been given  complimentary PG dinners by our TA.... Sometimes we would request the credit to our account, if we were not interested in going.   The last time I requested the credit to account, I was told they can no longer do that - use it or lose it.

Seeing as the current Explore4 promo has a complimentary PG attached and it is a HAL perk, I would bet the farm that if you do not use it, you lose it,   You may be able to tur; it over to a complimentary lunch, (lesser value).

We have it attached to a 32 day voyage on Explore4, so I am not too concerned when it is scheduled, and if not suitable time for us, there should be lots of opportunity and slots to switch the booking, 

Carol

Just now, CJcruzer said:

Seeing as the current Explore4 promo has a complimentary PG attached and it is a HAL perk, I would bet the farm that if you do not use it, you lose it,   You may be able to tur; it over to a complimentary lunch, (lesser value).

Carol

Wasn't an Explore 4 booking.  I booked this cruise about six months ago and it came with pre-paid gratuities and a PG dinner.  We've booked another PG dinner with our travelling companions.  Perhaps I can get credit for the other booked PG dinner?  We will use it before we lose it.  We've booked specialty dining on three different nights so there aren't a lot of options left.

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Wasn't an Explore 4 booking.  I booked this cruise about six months ago and it came with pre-paid gratuities and a PG dinner.  We've booked another PG dinner with our travelling companions.  Perhaps I can get credit for the other booked PG dinner?  We will use it before we lose it.  We've booked specialty dining on three different nights so there aren't a lot of options left.

You can cancel the PG dinner you booked now or on board and you will get credit for it.  Anything you pay for, as long as it is cancelled in time is credited to you 😉 

1 minute ago, kazu said:

You can cancel the PG dinner you booked now or on board and you will get credit for it.  Anything you pay for, as long as it is cancelled in time is credited to you 😉 

We're travelling with son and his wife.  We booked dinner in the PG with them.  If I cancel now, I can't rebook with them using my complimentary dinner.  I'll have to talk with the concierge.  Perhaps, the concierge can cancel my booking and then transfer my complimentary booking to the same time slot.  HAL will make a slight profit considering my 3* discount.

3 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We're travelling with son and his wife.  We booked dinner in the PG with them.  If I cancel now, I can't rebook with them using my complimentary dinner.  I'll have to talk with the concierge.  Perhaps, the concierge can cancel my booking and then transfer my complimentary booking to the same time slot.  HAL will make a slight profit considering my 3* discount.

You’re in a Neptune Suite, so I would definitely put the concierge to work.  If you have a good one, I’m pretty sure they can fix things up for you.  Either move your Explore 4 to match your booking and refund you your prepaid applicable or set the 4 of you up on the Explore4’s available and refund you for the two prepaid.

Definitely talk to the concierge.  😄 

Just now, kazu said:

You’re in a Neptune Suite, so I would definitely put the concierge to work.  If you have a good one, I’m pretty sure they can fix things up for you.  Either move your Explore 4 to match your booking and refund you your prepaid applicable or set the 4 of you up on the Explore4’s available and refund you for the two prepaid.

Definitely talk to the concierge.  😄 

We don't have explore four, it was a different promo.  Since they can reschedule promos if there is space/time available, then can cancel one of my prepaids to make room.  Then credit my prepaid.  Should be able to work that.  Failing that we'll just have to go again on a different night.  I suspect there won't be an issue.

8 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We don't have explore four, it was a different promo.  Since they can reschedule promos if there is space/time available, then can cancel one of my prepaids to make room.  Then credit my prepaid.  Should be able to work that.  Failing that we'll just have to go again on a different night.  I suspect there won't be an issue.

I think you are right 😉. Fingers crossed for you 🙂 

This week I attempted to make reservations in the Pinnacle for our January 2020 cruise, and was told it was too early, but to start checking mid-September or later.

I also tried booking a cabana on Half Moon Cay but they all showed as being reserved, so I contacted Ship Services and asked to be placed on a wait list for 4 of them; whichever one opened up, we would take.  Less than 2 hours later I had an email that 3 of them were now available and I chose ours from the list.  It often (but not always, I know!) helps to speak to a "living and breathing", rather than taking the information from the website as the final word.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Beware of booking online if you're entitled to any discount as being a Mariner.  I booked online several times after becoming 4*.  My credit card charges me full price for the two dinners.  Okay, I pay it.  Onboard, I am again charged full price for the dinners, but 50% of the charge is a credit.  Okay, fine.  However, what about the other half of the bill.  Since I've already paid full price to my credit card months earlier, nothing should show up on my onboard account but the credit for the discount.  As it is, I'm paying half of the dinners which I've already paid 100% for.  I spoke to the Front Desk, showed them the credit card bill, and they said there was nothing they could do.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Now, I'm hesitant to book online prior to the cruise, meaning we may not get the time/date we desire.  Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, sevenseasnomad said:

I spoke to the Front Desk, showed them the credit card bill, and they said there was nothing they could do.  Has anyone else noticed this?

I have had that happen, but I insisted and they finally understood. They referred it to the 'night auditor' and it was finally corrected. Took two or three trips to the Front Desk, though. You have to keep an eye on your account. 

4 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I have had that happen, but I insisted and they finally understood. They referred it to the 'night auditor' and it was finally corrected. Took two or three trips to the Front Desk, though. You have to keep an eye on your account. 

Thanks, Ruth.  That should solve the problem for me.  I'll go ahead and book prior to our Christmas/New Year's because I know if I don't, we won't get the date/time we desire.  Yes, we're constantly watching that account.  I check every day sometimes.  Certainly every other day at a minimum.

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2019 at 1:21 PM, CJcruzer said:

In the past we have been given  complimentary PG dinners by our TA.... Sometimes we would request the credit to our account, if we were not interested in going.   The last time I requested the credit to account, I was told they can no longer do that - use it or lose it.

Carol

When the PG is given by TA, is it also pre-assigned or you need to make your own reservation?

Also, what's people's preference on the day of PG? Formal night or regular night?

3 minutes ago, mkkao924 said:

When the PG is given by TA, is it also pre-assigned or you need to make your own reservation?

Also, what's people's preference on the day of PG? Formal night or regular night?

I like to do on a regular night, usually the last evening or on a late port night.

46 minutes ago, mkkao924 said:

It is assigned, you receive a card in your stateroom...however, you can change the date and time, provided there is an opening for your preference,    Usually it has never been a problem.    Once I converted a complimentary PG lunch  and paid up the difference to make it a PG dinner, as we joined another couple.

9 minutes ago, CJcruzer said:

It is assigned, you receive a card in your stateroom...however, you can change the date and time, provided there is an opening for your preference,    Usually it has never been a problem.    Once I converted a complimentary PG lunch  and paid up the difference to make it a PG dinner, as we joined another couple.

Thank you!