What's great at the International Cafe?

tjcletzgo

We enjoy the over-all vibe at the International Cafe...in the mornings it's a little on the quiet side, throughout the day there's music of one sort or another being played.  It's a nice atmosphere.  They usually have a nice little selection in the morning of breakfast sandwiches and danish, croissants, donuts and of course pick up your coffee!  The rest of the day as others have mentioned they have a nice selection of salads, sandwiches.  All good and fun to try!   

• Like 1

Not always available, but we enjoy the Shrimp/Fennel salad.  Typically, we will take one or two of these back to our cabin and have it on the balcony with a glass of wine.

Also, in addition to not being consistently available, the size of the shrimp can also vary.  The ones made with bay shrimp are not nearly as good as the ones made with the tail-on shrimp.

If the Shrimp/Fennel salad is not available, the Watermelon/Caprese salad is an acceptable substitute.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Triptkr said:

We enjoy the over-all vibe at the International Cafe...in the mornings it's a little on the quiet side, throughout the day there's music of one sort or another being played.  It's a nice atmosphere.  They usually have a nice little selection in the morning of breakfast sandwiches and danish, croissants, donuts and of course pick up your coffee!  The rest of the day as others have mentioned they have a nice selection of salads, sandwiches.  All good and fun to try!   

As a morning person, I agree that it is a nice quiet venue... up until the Zumba invasion at 8:00 (Regal April trans-Atlantic). Whoa baby it gets very loud and active. Before that, it is a nice quiet place to have a latte, download  your mail, read a chapter or two, and enjoy the very nice breakfast club who are typically there each morning.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tailspintom said:

As a morning person, I agree that it is a nice quiet venue... up until the Zumba invasion at 8:00 (Regal April trans-Atlantic). Whoa baby it gets very loud and active. Before that, it is a nice quiet place to have a latte, download  your mail, read a chapter or two, and enjoy the very nice breakfast club who are typically there each morning.

That's an interesting comment, I too find the 'breakfast club' about the nicest group of folks anywhere on the ship.  I thoroughly enjoy my new found friends around the IC in the early hours.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

The sugar donuts. I rarely eat donuts at home so while on Princess I get one every day they're offered. (not every day, unfortunately)

That's so funny!  I'm the exact same way...don't eat donuts at home--ever but on Princess ships will eat one of the sugar donuts.  They do a good job with them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tailspintom said:

They have Zumba classes in the Piazza?????    Wowza.   Could be entertaining.

The no sugar added strawberry cake is always a favorite of mine, but I'm partial to the (very sugary!) peanut butter cookies! Sometimes in the afternoon I'll ask for a sampler plate of cookies to go with my coffee. Lots of folks don't know they have cookies!

• Like 1

Just now, jsquared said:

Orzo salad with cranberries and goat cheese

I've seen that and have been tempted.  I'm going to make a point of looking for that, next cruise.

Thanks for jumping in.