Ventura Shower Curtain

himan

We are thinking to book a Canaries cruise for October next year on Ventura but have since found out that the showers have curtains rather than glass doors. This is a bit of a problem as every ship we have been on has had glass doors including Britannia. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of these curtains as on the ferries that we use regularly the shower cubicle is so small that the curtain practically wraps around you when showering. I am not sure I can endure this hardship for a 12 day cruise which equates to minimum of 24 showers. Look forward to any feedback regarding any problems with shower curtains. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Great reply, I love it!! 🤣 I'm sure some are designed with human attracting glue. Nothing worse than fighting with the curtain when trying to spruce yourself up. Got to the point where I would just keep the curtain open and flood the bathroom as the curtain never contained the water within the bar that formed the bottom of the shower area anyway.

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Not nice, and wholly inappropriate for something P&O describe as ‘Luxury Accommodation’. More Travelodge than luxury!

There is a solution, but it will cost more. The suites do have proper doors to the showers - at least the ones we’ve used have.

Britannia does have glass doors, and I very much hope Iona and her sister will have them also, so P&O are beginning to move into the 20th century, just a pity its taken so long.  RCI ships, at least since the Voyager class in the late 1990's, do have glass shower doors, and the P&O cheerleaders look down on Royal Caribbean as being an inferior cruise line.

My Aunt and I travelled on the Venturer for two weeks this summer, neither of us had problems with the curtains. The water stayed in the basin, this the biggest issue I find with shower curtains, water all over the bathroom floor.

I also used the Gym a good few times, their showers had proper glass doors. If you truly have a problem this might be a solution for you.

I really loved the Venturer, so much so that we are going on another cruise on her.

1 hour ago, davemorton said:

Shower curtains are bad, but what I find worse is the fixed showers.  I much prefer a removable shower head.  Cant remember if it is Ventura or Azura with the fixed shower heads. (Ventura I think)

That’s a very good point. I think they’re standard on both Ventura and Azura, even in the suites. Hopeless for woman, and little better for men. Way out of date for any accommodation, but utterly ludicrous for something described as ‘luxury’ - once again more Travelodge than acceptable cruise accommodation.

I don’t like nasty, clingy shower curtains however if it is choice between that and not having a cruise then my tolerance levels become infinitely higher.

A couple of pegs on bottom can help to weigh down the curtain, the bigger ones you use to hold pool towels.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I don’t like nasty, clingy shower curtains however if it is choice between that and not having a cruise then my tolerance levels become infinitely higher.

A couple of pegs on bottom can help to weigh down the curtain, the bigger ones you use to hold pool towels.

Excellent idea, don’t know why I didn’t think of that myself instead of fighting with it every time! 🤦‍♂️

17 hours ago, himan said:

We are thinking to book a Canaries cruise for October next year on Ventura but have since found out that the showers have curtains rather than glass doors. This is a bit of a problem as every ship we have been on has had glass doors including Britannia. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of these curtains as on the ferries that we use regularly the shower cubicle is so small that the curtain practically wraps around you when showering. I am not sure I can endure this hardship for a 12 day cruise which equates to minimum of 24 showers. Look forward to any feedback regarding any problems with shower curtains. Thanks in advance for any replies.

We just got off a weeks cruise on Ventura 30th August and we had a shower curtain in our balcony cabin at the back of deck 11.

There was hardly any ship movement during the cruise so the curtain hardly moved.

The issue with the curtain was it was a little smelly just like a lot of hotel over bath shower curtains.

Personally I much prefer the solid plastic shower door.

5 hours ago, davemorton said:

Shower curtains are bad, but what I find worse is the fixed showers.  I much prefer a removable shower head.  Cant remember if it is Ventura or Azura with the fixed shower heads. (Ventura I think)

Fixed shower head on Ventura 2 weeks ago.

Anyone over 6 feet tall will find it very close to their head when showering.

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Fixed shower head on Ventura 2 weeks ago.

Anyone over 6 feet tall will find it very close to their head when showering.

Pah!  I knew it, and I have 2 cruises booked on her...Never mind, sure I will get over it.  Someone should invent something like those shower hoses that used to fit over taps, but to fit over a fixed shower head.  Any budding inventors out there?

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I've tried this excruciatingly painful, couldn't sit down for the rest of the cruise made no difference to the shower curtain which still grabbed me..

Regards John

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

22 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Pah!  I knew it, and I have 2 cruises booked on her...Never mind, sure I will get over it.  Someone should invent something like those shower hoses that used to fit over taps, but to fit over a fixed shower head.  Any budding inventors out there?

The shower although fixed to the wall the head does swivel around a little so at least you can turn it.

Edited by grapau27

23 minutes ago, john watson said:

I've tried this excruciatingly painful, couldn't sit down for the rest of the cruise made no difference to the shower curtain which still grabbed me..

Regards John

John, I now have a mental image.....😀

• Haha 1

Whilst we prefer the showers with glass doors we've never had a problem with the plastic shower curtains. For us it definitely wouldn't be a dealbreaker for booking a cruise with plastic shower curtains. Mind you we're both under 5ft 5ins so maybe that helps!

• Like 2

6’2” and never really noticed what the shower head did apart from altering the shower pattern. Doors were fine an Britannia but have never had a problem with curtain grab. I mentioned this on another site and a poster said that the problem mainly occurred when she bent down to shave her legs. So fast cyclists and swimmers who have brought their jammers for the Horizon pool beware. 

Thanks for all the replies folks, especially the humorous ones! The idea of weighing the curtain down with the pegs may be enough for me to go ahead and book. The wife doesn't see it as a problem but I tend to need a lot more elbow room in the shower than her. Pity about the fixed shower head though as it is always nice to have a detachable spray to get the soap off those hard to reach bits.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, himan said:

Thanks for all the replies folks, especially the humorous ones! The idea of weighing the curtain down with the pegs may be enough for me to go ahead and book. The wife doesn't see it as a problem but I tend to need a lot more elbow room in the shower than her. Pity about the fixed shower head though as it is always nice to have a detachable spray to get the soap off those hard to reach bits.

I find that carefully spinning round just once at the end of the shower washes away the last suds! Have a lovely cruise

Edited by Jules.
Didn’t make sense!
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...