Lobster night

LetsTango

lol, I wonder where they get those tiny lobsters.  look more like jumbo prawns.....I was with someone that ordered 7 of them and he still got a steak.  There's maybe 2 bites on each one.  Oh Carnival!  You get what you pay for I guess since Carnival is such a cheap vacation. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jdemps said:

lol, I wonder where they get those tiny lobsters.  look more like jumbo prawns.....I was with someone that ordered 7 of them and he still got a steak.  There's maybe 2 bites on each one.  Oh Carnival!  You get what you pay for I guess since Carnival is such a cheap vacation. 

It reduces waste.  You can get as many as you want.

• Like 1

If you want a nice lobster tail, try ordering one in the Steakhouse,  They are far superior to the tiny tails served in the MDR on the 1st elegant night.

Sometimes I find it difficult to tell the taste difference between the tiny lobster tail and the shrimp they serve with it.

When I was a new cruiser, I used to order 2 lobster tail entrees, but now I may have just one or select another dish entirely.  

If I'm ordering small lobster tails in a land based restaurant it's only because they are Australian slippers or bugs, not the rock lobster that ships serve..

Edited by evandbob

1 minute ago, evandbob said:

If you want a nice lobster tail, try ordering one in the Steakhouse,  They are far superior to the tiny tails served in the MDR on the 1st elegant night.

Sometimes I find it difficult to tell the taste difference between the tiny lobster tail and the shrimp they serve with it.

When I was a new cruiser, I used to order 2 lobster tail entrees, but now I may have just one or select another dish entirely.  

I just finished my 31st cruise on Carnival and I still order several lobsters in the MDR. While I agree they aren’t the best lobsters I have had, I have yet to have any kind of lobster I didn’t like. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I just finished my 31st cruise on Carnival and I still order several lobsters in the MDR. While I agree they aren’t the best lobsters I have had, I have yet to have any kind of lobster I didn’t like. 

Any lobster is a good lobster!  

25 minutes ago, MSarahM said:

Is there a "lobster night" on a quickie cruise too? I leave Saturday and come back Thursday morning on the Ecstasy out of Jacksonville.  I was planning on doing the $20 upgrade one night for lobster!

Lobster in the MDR is only available on 6 night or longer cruises, so yes, you would have to pay $20 for a lobster in the MDR.