German Night Sausages

tjcletzgo

I have a strange request..........I recently watched a Youtube video about German night in the Horizon.  They have several German sausages but they are all boiled (!). I like my sausages grilled not boiled. Would it be okay if I asked a crew member to throw a bratwurst on the grill for a few minutes?

Thanks so much! 

44 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

To add to this question- Is the German buffet at lunch or dinner? Is it listed in the Patter that it is going on?

Looking at an old Patter (stop judging me!), yes, they list the theme of the night in the buffet; Italian, Spanish, Ramen, English, Mongolian BBQ, Greek, German, etc.

10 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

Grilled brats are often served every day at the outside grill where they do the hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken sandwiches.

Hush, the grill and pizza places just outside the buffet are hidden gems, let's keep it that way 🙂

If I don't see much I like in the buffet entrees, I sneak out to the two above and return to my Horizon seat.

10 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Looking at an old Patter (stop judging me!), yes, they list the theme of the night in the buffet; Italian, Spanish, Ramen, English, Mongolian BBQ, Greek, German, etc.

YMMV on this though. I WISH they would always list the theme night in the buffet, but I think it is only as good as whoever puts together the patter. The last few cruises we have been on they didn't list it....☹️

I did note that in my post-cruise survey how disappointing that was....

(...and I save my old patters too....  😉  )

• Like 3

Bavarian night is usually listed on the back of the Princess Patter when they have it, but you have to look closely as it's in small print along with the Horizon Court Buffet hours, same with the other food themed nights. Bavarian night is our favorite meal in the evening at the Horizon Court, I never miss it as it's fantastic!!!

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

2 minutes ago, AAAAmerican said:

Ask your  ASTA Travel Agent, they are Proffesional and if not known they are able to find out while your on the LandLine with them..

Excuse, but did you respond to the correct thread?  I don't think any TA, or a Princess Rep, is going to be able to advise just which night will be a Bavarian theme in the Buffet on a particular ship.  It does happen, however, and passengers can watch the Patter, or ask a senior chef in the buffet area (Horizon Court or World Market Place).

• Like 2

Any special themed dining is shown on the back page of the Princess Patter. A February 2019 Patter from the Emerald Princess that I am looking at shows a Chicken Taco Station lunch buffet from 12:30 to 2:00 in Cafe Caribe.

I believe brats are no longer a menu option on ships that have installed the pool side Salty Dog Grill.

The Trident Grill near the pool stays open late on most nights and sometimes has special menu nights.   Keep an eye open in the Patter or for signs on the grill.  Not predictable, though.

Grill has been renamed on some ships to Salty Dog, but still has similar menus.  Dislike Ernesto, but loaded fries are great.

Edited by LeeW
more