Balcony on transatlantic?

Tee & Chilli

7 hours ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

Like others have indicated - if you want as much available sun as possible, remember the 'POSH' people on the ocean liners crossing from the UK to the US knew that the better weather came with 'Port Out - Starboard Home' 

All based on your position to the equator of course!

Actually POSH came from trips from Britain to India where you wanted to be on the shaded side of the ship as there was no air conditioning in those days. Port to India and Starboard to Britain to stay in the shade.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

It must be true, different strokes for different folks.  We were also on that TA, deck 12 Portside forward hump. Absolutely loved the sun all day, we spent lots of time on the balcony.  It was a great trip. Have the same cabin number booked for the Allure 2020 TA. 

If I get cold on my balcony during the TA I'm coming up to relax on yours 😉🤗

• Like 1

I'm just hoping that for our first TA that it is smooth sailing and warms up quickly so we can fully enjoy our balcony and Allure itself.

Edited by Teeara

On 9/10/2019 at 5:24 AM, grapau27 said:

We have a balcony cabin at the back of the ship coming back to Southampton from the Caribbean.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:26 AM, little britain said:

That also works!!! 

What works? We also have an aft cabin very back of ship. The cruise is a TA in May Tampa to Amsterdam. Cabin is about in the middle aft. How do you think the sun will be for us? TIA

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

What works? We also have an aft cabin very back of ship. The cruise is a TA in May Tampa to Amsterdam. Cabin is about in the middle aft. How do you think the sun will be for us? TIA

You will catch some sun in the afternoon.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

You will catch some sun in the afternoon.

Thanks. I'm thinking I should bring a light weight blanket with me to sit out there more. Maybe one of those airplane blankets that we don't mind leaving on the ship later or would that be to light weight? Also thinking just a pool towel or 2?

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks. I'm thinking I should bring a light weight blanket with me to sit out there more. Maybe one of those airplane blankets that we don't mind leaving on the ship later or would that be to light weight? Also thinking just a pool towel or 2?

Don't bring extra blankets or towels, just ask your stateroom attendant.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:29 AM, grapau27 said:

Cheers.

I always prefer port intensive cruises but Pauline has twisted my arm so this will be our first TA.

Hi Graham!  We are doing our first TA on Allure next year.  Finally getting out there to do the longer cruises.  Over a year out and everything from a JS and up were already booked for months!  😮 Have ocean view balcony on starboard side.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HicksRA said:

We did a port balcony westbound on the Symphony TA and I wished we’d done starboard. Full hot sun all day every day. It was too hot to enjoy the balcony and hot in the cabin.  Had to keep the drapes closed and might as well have been in an inside. 

DH loves the sun, simply goes up on a quieter part of the open decks to read on a lounge chair in a sunny spot.  Me, I like the shade also, happy we booked starboard.  

Edited by island lady

14 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

It must be true, different strokes for different folks.  We were also on that TA, deck 12 Portside forward hump. Absolutely loved the sun all day, we spent lots of time on the balcony.  It was a great trip. Have the same cabin number booked for the Allure 2020 TA. 

"Sea" you on board!  😉 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hi Graham!  We are doing our first TA on Allure next year.  Finally getting out there to do the longer cruises.  Over a year out and everything from a JS and up were already booked for months!  😮 Have ocean view balcony on starboard side.  

Hi Pat.

Our TA is end of March on a P&O ship as it gets back to Southampton England.

We get on Explorer 5-10-19 and next June out of Barcelona we have our same cabin 8568 on Allure that we had last time on Allure and 3 times on Harmony.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Pat.

Our TA is end of March on a P&O ship as it gets back to Southampton England.

We get on Explorer 5-10-19 and next June out of Barcelona we have our same cabin 8568 on Allure that we had last time on Allure and 3 times on Harmony.

We have 11686 for all three legs.  Conveniently close to the aft stairs and elevators...but hopefully not TOO close.  😮

Usually thrilled to get so close to the DL for morning coffee on that deck...but am worried the DL is  going away during dry dock.  😞 

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

We have 11686 for all three legs.  Conveniently close to the aft stairs and elevators...but hopefully not TOO close.  😮

Usually thrilled to get so close to the DL for morning coffee on that deck...but am worried the DL is  going away during dry dock.  😞 

As we are on Allure in June 2020 which I believe is after the refit I will report back with photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

As we are on Allure in June 2020 which I believe is after the refit I will report back with photos.

We're doing the Eastbound TA -wife is yet to tick the 'Transatlantic crossing' box off yet and then a B2B later on in the year, so it'll be interesting/nice to see the improvements etc

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Pat.

We have 3 cruises booked before we get on Allure next June on

RC, Princess and P&O.

Enjoy!  Will not only be my first TA (finally!) but also first time on Allure.  Yesterday I casually checked to see if our cabin was available for adding another leg prior.  It was...(ouch $$ in the wallet for Bucky again 😉 ).  So, will enjoy 4 weeks without having to move.  🙂 

Enjoy!  Will not only be my first TA (finally!) but also first time on Allure.  Yesterday I casually checked to see if our cabin was available for adding another leg prior.  It was...(ouch $$ in the wallet for Bucky again 😉 ).  So, will enjoy 4 weeks without having to move.  🙂 

Sounds fantastic.

Hope you both have a brilliant time.

Edited by grapau27

Thanks...we are excited about starting up these longer cruises now.  🙂 

Likewise.

While Paulines mam was still here we were restricted to short cruises with looking after her with dementia.

Princess to Hawaii from SF.

TA on P&O Azura and

Explorer 10-5-19 booked before Allure.

15 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Might see you on the 25th in the DL,,, unfortunately that will be on deck 4. happy cruising

Uggh...that is a definite that Allure dry dock is sticking the tiny DL into the bilge on deck 4 then?  What a shame.  Largest cruise ship has the smallest DL.  😞   Oh well, still good to pop in for a coffee I guess.