Kettle

loungelady55

If they are available on some ships, and not considered a fire hazard what argument does Princess use if you bring one identical to those on Sapphire. Wife drinks Green Tea and I go to International Cafe or Horizon Ct. and get hot water in my hydroflask. Stays plenty hot( unless I stop for beers on the way back).

On 9/12/2019 at 5:09 AM, newport dave said:

No they're not. Plenty of ships have kettles in the staterooms. Currently Sapphire out of Southampton has them, so does Diamond in Japan. 

Actually kettles are on the list of items forbidden to be brought on board by passengers.

See https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

Look under prohibited items.

If one is provided by a ship that is a different matter as they will have been chosen for use on a ship and  inspected on a regular basis for safety.

9 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Actually kettles are on the list of items forbidden to be brought on board by passengers.

See https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

Look under prohibited items.

If one is provided by a ship that is a different matter as they will have been chosen for use on a ship and  inspected on a regular basis for safety.

Yeah but it’s MY cruise. 🤔

6 hours ago, Yehootu said:

If they are available on some ships, and not considered a fire hazard what argument does Princess use if you bring one identical to those on Sapphire. ....

Your kettle hasn't been inspected to be in good working order.

I had to get the hot water from the coffee machine at the international cafe for early morning,  the stuff in the pot was not hot enough.  The hot water dispenser in Horizon was ok, as long as you put the tea bag in immediately, if you waited until they brought the water, it had cooled off too much.

I just remember that it is a US company....

I hope they bring kettles to all their ships for next year.

Sorry but having spent over 30yrs in the UK fire service have never known any form of kettle to be a fire risk or of reason for causing a fire. In the UK they are in every household and even have a safety cut out so they cannot boil dry if left on.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:22 PM, XBGuy said:

No.

Fire hazard

Check your passage contract and follow the link to "Prohibited Items."

As others have mentioned, on some sailings, particularly out of the UK, there are kettles in the cabins.

So, apparently, not all kettles are a fire hazard...

These are apparently removed and stored when the ships leave the UK.

So, on other sailings, Princess must have a big pile of kettles in the basement.

It's odd that they won't provide one of those.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

As others have mentioned, on some sailings, particularly out of the UK, there are kettles in the cabins.

So, apparently, not all kettles are a fire hazard...

These are apparently removed and stored when the ships leave the UK.

So, on other sailings, Princess must have a big pile of kettles in the basement.

It's odd that they won't provide one of those.

It is one ship out of Southhampton. I have no doubt they are removed from the ship at the end of the season. Especially since the Sapphire won't be returning to Europe next summer.

• Like 1