Verify Latitudes Discount on Shorex

DwayneG

Just finished a cruise on Dawn, had a great time.  Following advice on this board we booked shorex reservations by phone so we could use $50 per port credit.  Agent quoted prices that reflected our Gold Latitudes discount.  While aboard I checked our account on TV, found all excursions at full price, no Latitudes discount.  Went to guest services, they agreed it was wrong but needed to be fixed at shorex desk.  Shorex rep explained that the computer didn't automatically include Latitudes discount and they had to do it manually for each guest who requested it!!!  What?  So if I hadn't checked I would have to pay full price?  She did fix it, and the trip was great, but let this serve as a warning: If you qualify for Latitudes discount on shore excursions verify your prices and go to the shorex desk if it's wrong.

• Like 3

Since the discount was first offered, on ship charges have been wrong 100% of the time (and we sail multiple times a day). I have always routinely gone to ShoreEx on a slow day to get them to add the discount. 

Inexcusable. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

So, let me be more specific. When we book over the phone without pre-paying (for the $50 shoreex credit), and the shore excursions are billed on the first day of the cruise, our Platinum Plus discount is not applied. The full price of the shoreex is posted to our onboard account. Our most recent experience with this problem was on the Joy last month. 

Last cruise on the Jade even worse

We booked onboard, so I say to the shore excursion guy...my and I are both Platinum, plz dont fort the latitudes discount...1 excursion is not available...the rest is...so he books it...

I go up to my cabin...check the onboard account...well no discount applied...

Later that afternoon I talked it over with my wife what excursion we would like to do instead of the one that was now available...

Guess what I talk to the same guy again...and seems to remember me...tell him about the platinum discount...and also dont forget the discount on the other excursions ...

I go up to my cabin...and guess what...finally everything is correct...

I gotta say to get you latitudes discount is always a hassle...they have to fix it somehow!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

I think there is now a booking code that triggers your latitudes benefits. I don't remember the code but it was discussed in the discussion about the 20% off sailings.

I noticed this as when i book my excursions online, it already has the discounted included at checkout. Seems like it is easier to prepay my excursion online then trying to deal with it on the ship considering i do not have the shore excursion credit and no other onboard credits

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me on my recent Jade cruise.  I caught it after my first excursion and went to shorex desk and asked them to fix it - they fixed it on my upcoming excursion, but not the original one!  

This may well be in the category of the other thread about the SDP where there are numerous stories of people being told they can have less than they are entitled to, and at least one report of someone being charged for extra appetizers when they are included.

NCL is aware - on my Jade cruise the concierge told the suite guests to make sure they had their Latitudes discounts on excursions! But from the reports on here, they do nothing about it.  Extra revenue?  Does NOT make them look good, I have to say.

I've booked and paid online for 3 excursions on my next NCL cruise and just now discovered the Latitudes discount via this  post. I know that the $50.00 credit will be applied as OBC after we take the excursion,  but how should I handle the discount that was not applied? Call now or visit the shore excursion desk once onboard? 

Thanks for the great reminder Dwayne.

Never fails, we are Plat+, I call ahead and reserve our excursions to take advantage of the $50-$100 per port package discounts, but I fail to write down how much the shore excursions I booked are advertised to cost.

I am fairly(?) organized about our cruises and use a template to list daily location, average temperature for the date, excursion booked, dining booked, shows booked.  That may seem obsessive, but normally once we board there are no worries about planning, just relax and enjoy all the months of pre-planning.

I am adding a column to include the advertised cost and the 15% discount amount so I don't leave my money on the table.

I just got off the jewel and the same thing happened. They applied the $50 credit no problem but I had to stand in line to get the 10% discount allowed. At first I thought it was because I was gold whereas my husband does not get the 10% discount and kind of figured they were only looking at his status or something. As I can see that’s not the case. When I called and reserved the excursions the lady told me i would get the 10% off on mine automatically and not to worry.  I did have a copy of the excursions price when I booked and those prices were correct.  So be prepared to stand in line for your 10% fortunately I only had two people ahead of me. 

Same for us.  We get PlatPlus discount and want to use our non-refundable OBC for our portion after ShoreX is applied so we can't pre-purchase.  I always call to reserve and then I take a picture of screen that shows what prices were when I reserved.  And like everyone else, I have to find a quiet line time at Shore Excursion desk to get the price corrected.   Has been this way for us on Gem, Bliss & Breakaway recently.   Once I get that price corrected on board I delete that photo from my phone.....lazy note-taking🤔

Go to the Shorex Desk on board on the first day, you may have to queue or pick your time to do it, and stand there till whoever is behind the desk tells you it has been done.

Next morning get a copy of your folio, check it has been done, if not, politely, go back and "BLOW YOUR STACK"

Sorry to clarify; the "IT" is having the Shorex Excursion Credit applied to the cost of the shorex in your folio.

Edited by casofilia

5 hours ago, Sea saw 56 said:

I am adding a column to include the advertised cost and the 15% discount amount so I don't leave my money on the table.

Don’t just make a note. Take a screen shot of the price right before you book (or a photo on your phone) and bring it with you. Shorex prices can change. (After you book, you won’t be able to see any shorex for that port.  You might if you saved them as favorites.)

5 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

After you book, you won’t be able to see any shorex for that port.  You might if you saved them as favorites.)

You can see the prices of Shorex by port on the ‘Explore Shore Excursions’ page of the NCL website without signing into your myNCL  page.  At least, the 3 I have booked for my New Orleans cruise in January are all there with the prices.

• Like 1