Drink, Dine, Discover Promo still going on?

splendoraway

We booked a central park balcony for our October cruise on the Allure back in January and the Drink, Dine, Discover promotion was offered.  When doing a mock booking that perk is no longer listed for the neighborhood balcony cabins.  For those that have recently sailed in a neighborhood balcony please let me know if that perk is still ongoing.  We actually have five cabins booked and would like to let the rest of our party know.  Thanks so much for your guidance.

9 minutes ago, splendoraway said:

I actually asked this question on Monday with regard to a cruise we have booked in October 2019 on the Allure.  When I did a mock booking the perk was no longer listed in the description for a neighborhood balcony.   Looks like Royal has implemented this change but has now decided to make a formal announcement. 

On 9/16/2019 at 8:19 AM, Merion_Mom said:

As of today, yes.

Please note that I said, yesterday, "AS OF TODAY".  🤣

#funny/not funny

3 hours ago, AUgirl said:

I received a letter today from RCI that says sailings on or after January 1, 2020, will no longer receive this offer. 😞

Wouldn't that be for new cruises booked after 1-1-20 not for cruises already booked?

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Wouldn't that be for new cruises booked after 1-1-20 not for cruises already booked?

No, Royal is discontinuing the perk after Jan 1 no matter when it was booked.  After Jan 1, those who booked when the perk was offered will get $50 OBC per stateroom.  They are doing this to enhance our cruise experience.  If this is such an enhancement, I wonder why they just don't make it effective immediately.  I for one would prefer my enhcancements ASAP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

No, Royal is discontinuing the perk after Jan 1 no matter when it was booked.  After Jan1, those who booked when the perk was offered will get $50 OBC per stateroom.  They are doing this to enhance our cruise experience.  If this is such an enhcancement, I wonder why they just don't make it effective immediately.  I for one would prefer my cruise to be enhanced ASAP.

Hmmm...no Grandfathering in then.

Not cool, I paid extra to get the Boardwalk room for the perk of a free soda package.  So they are giving $50 per stateroom to make this better?  By my calculation the soda package for 2 is $150 and dinner for 4 at Johnny Rockets is $50.00 so not sure how this is going to, as RC puts it 'alleviate any potential dissatisfaction impacted by this change'.

15 minutes ago, RC_Cruisers said:

Not cool, I paid extra to get the Boardwalk room for the perk of a free soda package.  So they are giving $50 per stateroom to make this better?  By my calculation the soda package for 2 is $150 and dinner for 4 at Johnny Rockets is $50.00 so not sure how this is going to, as RC puts it 'alleviate any potential dissatisfaction impacted by this change'.

"extra" over what?

• Clarea locked this topic