Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
john_galt

Sky Princess Sea Trials Video

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, john_galt said:

 

Love your user name!  I had a friend name his daughter "Dagny"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's getting close to launch time.  Can't wait for all the videos people will be sharing on the inaugural

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That has to be the worse ship video I have ever seen.  Whomever took it should be fired.

 

DON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

That has to be the worse ship video I have ever seen.  Whomever took it should be fired.

 

DON

Get up on the wrong side of the bed today?  🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Get up on the wrong side of the bed today?  🤔

 

No.  I just happen to have an eye for good photography and bad photography.  You can't honestly feel that that was a good video.

 

DON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's from the Princess Instagram account. I'm just glad to get ANY video prior to Princess taking possession. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thank you for the video link !

Great to see the Sky Princess moving through the water and looking pretty !

I think I saw our cabin’s balcony. Fingers crossed and full steam ahead for our March 7 cruise !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, john_galt said:

It's from the Princess Instagram account. I'm just glad to get ANY video prior to Princess taking possession. 

Agree.  Thanks for the video.

 

Safe Journeys, Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, donaldsc said:

That has to be the worse ship video I have ever seen.  Whomever took it should be fired.

 

DON

IDK if the worst, but it was very dull.  No sound for one thing.  The first two minutes was basically repetitive shots of the front hull.  Very boring.  What we saw could have been done in 20 seconds.  I am sure experiencing the real thing will be better.  Looked nice and clean on a sunny day, but no real detail. 

 

They should have had a documentary type thing and showed on deck, inside, have some officer comments, some voice-over.  They could have made something out of it.  I suppose some of this will appear in future commercial-type videos. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

IDK if the worst, but it was very dull.  No sound for one thing.  The first two minutes was basically repetitive shots of the front hull.  Very boring.  What we saw could have been done in 20 seconds.  I am sure experiencing the real thing will be better.  Looked nice and clean on a sunny day, but no real detail. 

 

They should have had a documentary type thing and showed on deck, inside, have some officer comments, some voice-over.  They could have made something out of it.  I suppose some of this will appear in future commercial-type videos. 

 

Hi Mr. G  

Don was right that video was awful. I love to know how much it cost Princess. 

Tony

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mr. G  

Don was right that video was awful. I love to know how much it cost Princess. 

Tony

 

Correct, it wasn't very good and I'm wondering what they intend to use this footage for. I hope it won't be part of a promo package because it won't bring excitement to this great new ship.  Glad we are still excited to be on the Sky for her inaugural voyage from Port Everglades on December 1 and looking for our image that has been selected to be on her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably 4 minutes and 20 seconds of raw video, intended to be cut up into those little 15 seconds clips for the website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grego said:

Glad we are still excited to be on the Sky for her inaugural voyage from Port Everglades on December 1 and looking for our image that has been selected to be on her. 

'image' - what's that all about ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting the video. Good or bad photography, she still looks graceful riding on the sea.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, voljeep said:

'image' - what's that all about ?

The image I am referring to is the photo which we submitted that Princess chose to be in the passageway.  Photographers sometimes refer to photos as images  We are fortunate to have 3 others on the Royal and Regal Princess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grego said:

The image I am referring to is the photo which we submitted that Princess chose to be in the passageway.  Photographers sometimes refer to photos as images  We are fortunate to have 3 others on the Royal and Regal Princess.

Excellent !!! do you know where it will be located  ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, voljeep said:

Excellent !!! do you know where it will be located  ??

Not a clue.  We didn't on the other ships either, but it's fun to walk all the passageways and look at the other images that were selected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This video came up in my recommended and gives a better look at the ship from inside.

 

I would not mind sailing on this one at all!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...