Who is Booked for 2021?

INeedAMaiTai

I just refared for the first time (Getaway Sale). Didn't even realize it was a thing. I moved from a PH to an OS in the process. I would appreciate any guidance this thread might provide on refaring while keep the same room or category. I tend to book WAY in advance.

In May 2019, we booked a segment of the World Cruise, Mediterranean, Transatlantic Crossing, Panama Canal, to Los Angeles on  the Island Princess, April 01, 2021.  Even then we were not able to get our first of cabin.  Got one that we are happy with, but not our first choice.  Sometimes you have to book really early if you want to go.

Edited by 2 cruises a year

I have also booked the World Cruise on the Island Princess Jan-May 2021 in April 2019.  The boat quickly filled up and cabins difficult to get but that is only because the small down payment to hold the cabin was all it took. There is another small deposit due on March 3, 2020 and by Sept 20, 2020 the final payment is due.  The next day any cancellations will incur a 30% penalty.  There will be plenty of choices, some on March 3 but certainly on Sept 20 of next year.  Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking at some of the "3 for Free" deals for May 2021, 17 days on the Sun Princess. Japan to Vancouver, with pre-cruise time in Japan. However, many of the balcony rooms in areas we like to book in, appear to be sold out which is very off putting when we are still 2 years away from the trip!! I'll watch it for a bit. Next cruise is on the Emerald Princess November 3 - December 4....Barcelona to Los Angeles. First trans-Atlantic.

12 minutes ago, oceanblue11 said:

I'm looking at some of the "3 for Free" deals for May 2021, 17 days on the Sun Princess. Japan to Vancouver, with pre-cruise time in Japan. However, many of the balcony rooms in areas we like to book in, appear to be sold out which is very off putting when we are still 2 years away from the trip!! I'll watch it for a bit. Next cruise is on the Emerald Princess November 3 - December 4....Barcelona to Los Angeles. First trans-Atlantic.

I'm not sure if this is what you're experiencing regarding the lack of available cabins, but we recently booked a 21 day Med cruise on the Enchanted for Jul 2021. When we did a fake booking on our specific cruise, very few cabins in our category were available. However, when we did the same thing on each of the three 7 day legs that made up our 21 day itinerary, there are PLENTY of cabins in our category that were available. Once we figured which cabins were available on all 3 legs that we liked, we contacted our TA and she was able to book them for us. That particular 21 day cruise actually has 11 different legs that touch this cruise at one time or another, each reserving cabins for their specific itinerary. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Just booked one yesterday! Canada/New England, September 2021. Love to book cruises upon release — always keep some FCDs to do so easily. Got our favorite cabin on the Caribbean Princess and, as others have noted, have lots of time to re-fare should a good promo come our way in the future. 

Edited by ProfMHC
  • Like 1

Really wanting to book the 14 day Alaska cruise, round trip from LA. We want to sail in August/September of 2021.  Anybody even have a guess when those dates might open? It sails on August 8th In 2020. 

Edited by Grammy J
Left out a word

12 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Just booked one yesterday! Canada/New England, September 2021. Love to book cruises upon release — always keep some FCDs to do so easily. Got our favorite cabin on the Caribbean Princess and, as others have noted, have lots of time to re-fare should a good promo come our way in the future. 

Which is your favorite cabin on  Caribbean Princess?  We are thinking about that ship for January 2021

Normally by this time we have booked for our annual January Caribbean cruise.

However, I am finding the prices this year to be 20-30% higher than prior years - so i have not yet 'pulled the trigger.

Although Princess is our 'go to' line, other lines (RC, NCL) also seem to be expensive for January 2021.

April 2021 Dubai to Southampton 26 days, Suez Canal plus Med ports on the Grand Princess, itinerary looked interesting to me.  

I booked as only a few cabins left on Plaza deck, which is my favorite on "older" ships.  I wasn't sure about the Grand but she has been updated, has Alfredo's so works for me!

Edited by susancruzs

1 hour ago, susancruzs said:

April 2021 Dubai to Southampton 26 days, Suez Canal plus Med ports on the Grand Princess, itinerary looked interesting to me.  

I booked as only a few cabins left on Plaza deck, which is my favorite on "older" ships.  I wasn't sure about the Grand but she has been updated, has Alfredo's so works for me!

We did that itinerary this year on the Sapphire  Princess. We stayed on for the B2B to the Canary Islands. It was a great trip. We have  a warm spot in our hearts for the Grand, so that would be a plus for us.

• Like 1

We booked Australia/New Zealand land/cruise package for February 2021 with refundable deposit under the Landmark Sale. That seems to be the best sale for us, since we don't drink much. We found just the itinerary we wanted; so no problems concerns about booking early.

Yup.  Already booked Westbound Panama FLL - SFO on Emerald in January and Westbound TA on Sky in September.

That said, we also were booked FLL - Quebec city for summer '20 but cancelled it when Pacific was deployed to Tahiti.  So, things can and do change . . . 

We booked the Panama Canal cruise in June for January 2021 during the three day June sale.  $100 refundable deposit, free grats, free drinks, some obc, and choice of cabins.  The price for our balcony cabin is now up over $300 pp with no perks..  I call it my "banana cruise" because it is said, when you get to a certain age, you don't buy green bananas anymore.  I might not be around but all I am out is the $200 deposit they have had use of on the float (pun intended.)