Looks like footstools will be back

chamima

On 9/22/2019 at 9:15 AM, chamima said:

I would agree except that the "one person" in this case was the Head of Housekeeping.

Either way we should know by December.

Recent pictures won't help - he said they have been ordered and would take 2 months to come. (See second post in this thread)

I sincerely hope it is true, believe me!  Which thread was it that you pulled this post?  Would like to ask more info from that person.  For example, why would the head of housekeeping come to their room just to tell them footstools were coming back?  Just curious.  Perhaps they had registered a complaint.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:27 AM, chamima said:

Not really free.

We've all paid a lot for these cruises - you can enjoy an INCLUDED movie.

(I don't mean to nitpick but when I've spent thousands to be on that vacation I just don't see any part of it as free unless it's an unexpected gift.)

My quote: "Now you can put your feet up and watch a free movie".

I was trying to be humorous but I guess I failed.

19 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I sincerely hope it is true, believe me!  Which thread was it that you pulled this post?  Would like to ask more info from that person.  For example, why would the head of housekeeping come to their room just to tell them footstools were coming back?  Just curious.  Perhaps they had registered a complaint.

It was me!!  I was on Equinox and sent an email to Celebrityone touch.  I also filled out a complaint card onboard.  I was in accessible room.   I had recent hip surgery and told them that.  I needed the footstool!!  They gave me a shower chair to use.  I included pics in my email.  Then, they brought me a different foot stool, one more like an ottoman.  It was huge.  I included pics in my recent live blog.  The head or asst. head of housekeeping came to the room to tell me that they've received numerous complaints and they are listening.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, calicakes said:

It was me!!  I was on Equinox and sent an email to Celebrityone touch.  I also filled out a complaint card onboard.  I was in accessible room.   I had recent hip surgery and told them that.  I needed the footstool!!  They gave me a shower chair to use.  I included pics in my email.  Then, they brought me a different foot stool, one more like an ottoman.  It was huge.  I included pics in my recent live blog.  The head or asst. head of housekeeping came to the room to tell me that they've received numerous complaints and they are listening.  

Thanks calicakes! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Britpamtany1205 said:

I hope I’m not speaking out of turn here, I thought I read they also removed reclining chairs and usable table.  If so hopefully they’ll also bring back the reclining chairs and a table for room service use

I knew about the tables but not about the reclining chairs.

😱

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

My quote: "Now you can put your feet up and watch a free movie".

I was trying to be humorous but I guess I failed.

Sorry about the rant.

I knew you were just being cute but it's a sore point with me when people refer to things on the cruise as "free".

We've all paid very well for those "free" things they're eliminating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Britpamtany1205 said:

I hope I’m not speaking out of turn here, I thought I read they also removed reclining chairs and usable table.  If so hopefully they’ll also bring back the reclining chairs and a table for room service use

Heck yeah I hope they do.  The rates for a Celebrity cruise have not gone down in recent years- they've gone up(as does everything). And yet they seem to be leaning towards the attitude of the other lines and making cutbacks.  At the price point - it is becoming more and more expensive to cruise.  I used to go to all inclusives....but I love cruising.  However, I can get more value with an all inclusive at this point....even with paying for airfare.  I'm just so disappointed in 'little things' going away that we now will wind up having to fight for.  At a certain point for me it just isn't worth cruising.  Wwe just got elite status and have a 10 day in January and a full transit Panama for next October 2020 and for the first time...we aren't booking anything new with Celebrity.

Edited by vermonter16

16 hours ago, chamima said:

I knew about the tables but not about the reclining chairs.

😱

Sorry about the rant.

I knew you were just being cute but it's a sore point with me when people refer to things on the cruise as "free".

We've all paid very well for those "free" things they're eliminating.

Yes I agree.