I wish Princess would....

Loritd

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Along the same lines, I wish they would close caption MUTS.  Movies wouldn't need to be so loud and it certainly would help us follow along  (we've gotten used to doing it most of the time at home).

They are close captioned (at least on some ships). I have trouble hearing. even with hearing aids. If there's no closed caption, I don't go.

Also, maybe they could turn the music in the MDR OFF. It's noisy enough with the clatter of dishes, echoes in the room and people at large tables shouting in order to be heard.

• Like 2

Build smaller ships (not going to happen)

charge everyone else double so we can sail for free (not going to happen) 

Screw with the loyalty program, just so we could have something to complain about other than the normal complaints. ( not going to happen, we like the gratuity, barrel chair, etc complaining too much) 

go on as they have, changing as they prefer (we change lines as we prefer) 

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

They are close captioned (at least on some ships). I have trouble hearing. even with hearing aids. If there's no closed caption, I don't go.

Wow, that is great to hear (pun intended 😀).  Do you know if it is all movies on specific ships or just specific movies?  Either way, I wish they would provide that information in the Patter.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I wish Princess would publish the daily MDR dinner/lunch menus or at least put them on the TV so they are easy to check for the day.

This!!

And I wish they'd allow me to reserve excursions again without having to pay in advance!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

Wow, that is great to hear (pun intended 😀).  Do you know if it is all movies on specific ships or just specific movies?  Either way, I wish they would provide that information in the Patter.

Never paid much attention. We've been on approx. 13 different Princess ships and gone to MUTS on almost all of them. As I said, if they don't have closed caption, all I can do is watch the pretty pictures. Not much fun doing that. So I leave.

There is one benefit to being so HOH, I just take my hearing aids out in the theater (way too loud, no doubt about it). That way, it doesn't hurt my ears or cause any more ringing than I already have.

14 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Just look it up on the back page of the Patter which is in your stateroom or, if the cabin isn't available yet, at the customer service desk.

Gotta Cruise was referring to the lies that the crew tell us when we board the ship and ask which MDR is open for lunch that day.  If we are boarding at noon, and our cabins are not available, rushing to Passenger Services to try to grab a copy of the Patter so that we can make it to the one MDR before it closes is a burden.  Especially when we are loaded down with our carry-on luggage.  Why must the staff lie to us and try to direct us to the Buffet?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Actually stock the wines that are listed on the wine list.

Tonight, on the Crown, my first three - three! - choices were out of stock. This on the third night out of a TA. Further, all three choices were French and we just left Le Harve! Not good.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Gotta Cruise was referring to the lies that the crew tell us when we board the ship and ask which MDR is open for lunch that day.  If we are boarding at noon, and our cabins are not available, rushing to Passenger Services to try to grab a copy of the Patter so that we can make it to the one MDR before it closes is a burden.  Especially when we are loaded down with our carry-on luggage.  Why must the staff lie to us and try to direct us to the Buffet?

I guess I just doubt this is a pervasive problem.

The only time we were told this 'lie' was on a 2012 Coral Princess Alaska cruise by staff of one of the shops (which wasn't open but he was walking by).  I knew he was wrong and picked up the Patter which had the information.  I've seen growing numbers of diners since then enjoying embarkation lunch in the MDR so folks seem to be finding their way.

-sell the  too many martini   playing cards online

-publish the  DR menus online seasonally  (  subject to  change of  course)

=Include sodas as a part of the fare, ( yes I know there is a soda package)  but  seriously  just regular  soda is pennies a serving....

- remember that a proper clam chowder does NOT contain tomatoes

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Loritd said:

I wish Princess would make people who treat the crew badly walk the plank. Or a more reasonable request; I wish Princess would speed up the Anytime dining wait time. 

On the Crown now.   Very little wait time for ATD.  About 5 minutes but no more than 10 minutes except between  6:00 pm-6:30 pm.   Don’t know why that is.

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

revamp the FCD program , limiting using a $100 FCD as a placeholder until final payment, for a cruise more than a year out ...

at the one year point, you cancel or put up the regular deposit required

Any FCD used to book a cruise inside of a year is completely NON-refundable and NON-transferable ... STRICTLY ENFORCED ...

2 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

On the Crown now.   Very little wait time for ATD.  About 5 minutes but no more than 10 minutes except between  6:00 pm-6:30 pm.   Don’t know why that is.

Thanks for that tidbit. 

Could it be that the demographics are much younger on your trip? 

Us old folks from Florida like to eat early. 

In bed by 9 PM. :classic_rolleyes: LOL

1 hour ago, gotta cruise again said:

—turn down the volume of the shows in the theatre and music venues (and often even at MUTS). If you have to wear earplugs in order to avoid having ringing ears at the end of the program or song, then it’s too loud. When the music in a bar or atrium is meant to be background entertainment, then guests should be able to continue conversations instead of having to shout.

I don't need to have a conversation in the theater while the show is on but I do wish they would tone down the volume! The music is sooooooooo freaking loud. I also wish they would stop shining the dang white lights in the eyes of the people watching the show. Nobody likes that, It's freaking blinding and serves no purpose. With MUTS I often have difficulty even understanding what is being said as the volume can sometimes be very low unless you are sitting in exactly the right spot.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I’m in on the MDR menus available on the tv.  This seems pretty easy.

two thumbs up. 

They should also be included on Princess@Sea or whatever that is being replaced with for Medallion cruises. It would be slightly more effort than putting the menu on the TV but any competent IT people should be able to add it onto the Princess@Sea site with ease.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I don't need to have a conversation in the theater while the show is on but I do wish they would tone down the volume! The music is sooooooooo freaking loud. I also wish they would stop shining the dang white lights in the eyes of the people watching the show. Nobody likes that, It's freaking blinding and serves no purpose. With MUTS I often have difficulty even understanding what is being said as the volume can sometimes be very low unless you are sitting in exactly the right spot.

Those flashing bright strobe lights are something recently new for Princess. 

The only time there appropriate is for the magician when they want to distract your vision for a second or so. 

My DH began wearing his ball cap for the shows for that exact reason.

• ...build Promenade Decks with full (or almost full) walkways, even if they have to incorporate $$$ venues into the planning, the way NCL has done with its "Waterfront".
  • ...put an "Alfredo's" on every ship, at which point being lied to about which MDR is open for lunch on Embarkation Day is a moot point. (Though to be honest, I haven't been confronted by "the lie" in many, many years.)
  • ...do some mock bookings of their own prior to announcing their latest "sale" to see if the "sale" that starts on Tuesday is really offering a better value than the pre-sale price being offered on Monday.
  • ...serve the Pub Lunch in the Wheelhouse
  • ...stop removing or minimizing the size of the Wheelhouse on new ships
  • ...bring back the Explorer's Club Lounge and realize that Princess Live is a failure. (They seem to have come to terms with the fact that the pool fountains were a flop, and that the Sea View Walkway was a waste of time.  Next thing on the list for retirement should be Princess Live.)
  • ...move one or more dining/entertainment venues to the top of the ship.  Love the placement of Sabatini's,/Share, Adagio and Skywalker's on the last of the Grand Class ships.  The Royal Class ships have nothing interesting up top which is pretty unusual in the cruising industry.  People love top-side venues.  A nightclub on the interior of Deck 6 is pretty lame. Especially when you put the number "5" in the name, as they did on Sky. Apologies to Dave Brubeck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EMS8 said:

I wish Princess would return to 6:00 pm for early traditional dining.  They already have 2 other dining rooms that start dining at 5:00 pm.  Why do ALL dining rooms have to start at 5:00 pm?

We ended up switching to Anytime Dining because we hate the new Princess dining times. Eating at 5:00 PM makes me feel like I'm in daycare or something. It's way too early for us. We tried the later dining but the new time for that meant we couldn't attend any of the evening activities in Explorer's, etc. They all happened during dinner. We don't normally go to bed at 8:30 or 9:00 PM. At home we normally go to bed in the 11:00 - Midnight range. Even when I had to get up early for work (thank goodness that is no longer an issue!) I didn't go to bed early.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

That was jasbo49 who referred to the “lies the crew tell us” about the MDR lunch on embarkation day, not me. However I too have experienced similar when arriving in plenty of time for the MDR embarkation luncheon only to be told “this is only for in-transit passengers” whereupon I showed them the printout from the website that the MDR lunch was available along with the Patter showing the same...she then asked someone about our being able to dine there...we had a fabulous lunch in the MDR to start our cruise!

I wish Princess would reverse the Mutts layout so that the sound would travel with the air movement instead of against it, as it is now. Then they could turn down the loudness. It would probably improve their fuel usage too as they wouldn't have to push that big bluff screen through the air and could streamline the back. Better still would be to install a distributed speaker system instead of those P.A. speakers mounted on the screen.

9 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:
  • ...put an "Alfredo's" on every ship, at which point being lied to about which MDR is open for lunch on Embarkation Day is a moot point. (Though to be honest, I haven't been confronted by "the lie" in many, many years.)

We started cruising in 2013 and every single time we asked "which MDR is open for lunch", got the "Buffet" answer. We learn slow, but we do learn...stopped asking after about the 5th cruise.

That's one way to avoid the lie.

• Like 3