Review - Navigator of the Seas (9/20-9/23)

Cruiser_1977

Thanks for the review. I really like the voyager class ships, even more than the freedom class. Freedom class has more people but same amount of elevators.We need an elevator because my wife has MS and uses a scooter. We usually sail from Galveston so we can drive down. We've sailed on the voyager class Voyager, Mariner, and Navigator. My favorite was the Mariner, mostly because the head chef was fabulous, but also because they had a classical music trio. I think most if not all RCI ship have done away with classical music -- too bad I think. Next time you might check out the free ice show -- it is easily the best show on the ship. Shows 3 and 4 are usually less crowded.

Edited by Jimnbigd
  • Like 1

Fitness Center: The treadmills (at least the 4 I tried) do not incline. This is due to the low ceilings. Here is a video of the main room and the class room. As well as a pic of CocoCay from my treadmill.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QXZN2HyTMBhmOp8s-RZSbhybeTjuUCd5/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CZ4HVqrSQQfiodZ3yuJQ82kAJoNPLoHL/view?usp=sharing

IMG_0149.thumb.jpg.c79e2b2a322cf4933461cbe076290272.jpg

Looks like I see the Bulliet, Four Roses, Buffalo Trace and some Templeton Rye on the top shelf. Did you see Blanton's or any other goodies? Thank you for taking the menu pictures. And finally I agree with you on Ruth Chris. For a chain it's the best consistent steak I have ever had. It killed me when the RC in Kansas City left after a rent dispute.

@Sea Dog I didn't see Blanton's or Woodford. It seemed to put off the Bartenders when I would attempt to call my liquor. I think most folks simply ask for Bourbon and coke or whatever. I suppose if I drank my liquor with soda pop or such it wouldn't matter.

Gallagher's in Las Vegas was one of the best steaks I've ever eaten (about 6 years ago). I'd put Buckhead's in Richmond, VA, Old Hickory at National Harbor and Beefmastor Inn - Wilson, NC in the top 10.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

You do have excellent taste and it looks like the bartenders did not care that you had good taste. I know on a big ship finding rare or high end liquor is tough. But hey they can have Louis XIII so they are not that afraid to have some expensive stuff for the high rollers. Great review !

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 2:23 PM, JennyB1977 said:

Fitness Center: The treadmills (at least the 4 I tried) do not incline. This is due to the low ceilings. Here is a video of the main room and the class room. As well as a pic of CocoCay from my treadmill.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QXZN2HyTMBhmOp8s-RZSbhybeTjuUCd5/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CZ4HVqrSQQfiodZ3yuJQ82kAJoNPLoHL/view?usp=sharing

IMG_0149.thumb.jpg.c79e2b2a322cf4933461cbe076290272.jpg

One of the casualties of the Amped program was the really nice fitness centers on the Freedom/Voyager Class.

5 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

@lisa6191 I flew direct (aka nonstop) DCA to MIA. We landed earlier than planned and even with a medical situation on board were off prior to our expected time.

Departed 7:52am (7 minutes early)   ==>  Landed 10:08am (36 minutes early)

Great, thank you. We are booked on a nonstop flight from philly that is supposed to land at MIA at 9:45 am. I was assuming that was totally fine until I started reading these boards and started second guessing myself LOL. It's the first flight of the day and a nonstop and not in snow season, so I can't imagine we will have a problem. (I know, never say never). Glad to hear it went well for you, makes me feel better.

@lisa6191 I have traveled bunches and am always prepared for worst case scenario.

Going from here to FL/Gulf - I'll risk same day, early morning flights. In January of 2019, I flew IAD to MOB with a quick layover at IAH (IAD 6:00AM/IAH 8:26AM/IAH 9:55AM/MOB 11:24AM). I also try to leave about 6 hours between arrival and All Aboard.

In January 2020 I am leaving out of LA, so I'm going to day before.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 2:08 PM, JennyB1977 said:

OOPS I forgot the two drinks I had at the bar on Coco Cay...Even better deal 🙂

Capture.PNG.c2b7f65a08358d1e94347ab1b6dc2067.PNG

Jenny, did you buy the pkg on board or before?  Can you use OBC before you sail?  Our 3 day cruise is showing $57++pp before sailing.  I'm sure if I wait to board to use my OBC it will be higher.  $49 was a bargain

@benzygirl I purchased months before. You can use the OBC that is in your cruise planner towards the Beverage Package online. You likely won't find it cheaper than $57. I got LUCKY at $49. I haven't seen it under $52 since I bought it. It was in the $80s the week before sailing. If you purchase and it does go lower, you simply cancel and rebook. You don't lose the OBC you just reapply it.

Edited by JennyB1977

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the Compasses. Just booked the same 3 day cruise for December. I realize that some things can change - but at least it gives me some idea of what to expect.

You probably won't know this (as I don't think you have a 12 year old) - but are there alot of activities for that 12-14 age group? Hoping to keep my daughter busy. 

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, BonitaCruiser said:

Doing 3 day + Feb. 21, 2020.   Anyone have any advice on which is best 
excursion to swim with a dolphin.   For a 7, 19 and 80 year old.   TIA

Port?  Have you checked the port of call forum?

• 3 weeks later...