Quebec City Lyft or Uber

Carol28

In some cities, it is better to use one service over another.  We discovered this on our last vacation.  I realize this is not a HAL topic, but I bet someone might know the answer and I didn't know where else to ask the question.

Which is better in Quebec City? Uber or Lyft?

On 9/25/2019 at 9:51 AM, mamaofami said:

We arrived at 10pm in Quebec and took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. The hotel called a taxi for us to the ship several days later. No Lyft or Uber.

I still use taxis when I need  that sort of service Not lyft or uber.

I used Uber multiple times in Quebec City on September 15th without issue. It was a must for us for disembarkation as we were not at the main cruise terminal due to 6 ships being in port that day, so we weren't close to any of the tourist attractions and the cab line had to be 300+ people.  We were able to get a ride within 10 minutes every time we requested one, although we did have to pay some multiplier fares due to heavy demand.

I don't use Lyft, so I can't comment on price/ease of obtaining one.

If you are disembarking in Quebec City, you can store your luggage at the cruise terminal until 5 pm for a charge of $CAN 5 per bag. They were very kind to us and let us wrap a smaller bag around the handles of a roller bag and call that "one bag".

On 9/25/2019 at 8:16 AM, Woofbite said:

Personally, I'd go with the cheapest.  Most drivers seem to work for both companies so odds are you get the same person whichever one you choose.

This is what we do.....

I pull up both and compare rates and then hit the button for the best rate.  It has not failed us yet.  

(We no longer use a taxi)

Hi. I'm a quebec resident and I don't think that Lyft is available yet, but Uber is available I use it often.

If I remember correctly Lyft was supposed to start there operation in Quebec in 2019, but I didn't see any updates on that since a couple of months.

If you want to get an uber at the airport, there is pickup location for rideshare under the footbridge between the terminal and the covered parking.

Have fun and I wish you envoy Quebec City and your cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 9:29 AM, SetAnOpenCourse said:

This sort of incomplete statement is confusing.  It has no literal meaning, but someone might interpret it to mean that the two services are not available in that city.

Sorry for any confusion. I merely meant we used taxis and not Lyft or Uber. I didn't even know if they were available. Since we were arriving late, we called the hotel in advance and they advised taking one of the taxis waiting outside the terminal.