Crown and Anchor Society Gold Member Perks-Private Departure Lounge?

AddiBerry

So I've just signed into my C&A account and it shows that I'm a gold member, and then explains some of the perks when you click for more information. It says there is something called a private departure lounge and continental breakfast. I've never read anything about this anywhere, does anyone have any info on it? When does it happen, how do we know where/when it's taking place, just anything at all would be great! Thank you :)

The perk is for the last day of the cruise, when you are departing the ship.  They are supposed to have a place for you to wait until your departure number is called, and this place is supposed to have continental breakfast. 

I've not seen this in a long while. You will be lucky to find a place with coffee.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

More than likely half of the Royal theatre that you share with 1000 other gold members.

Seriously it’s nothing to get excited about. 

Probably more than half on the entire ship will be gold...agree that level is nothing to get excited about as you only need 3 cruises to get to that level as you know.

56 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The perk is for the last day of the cruise, when you are departing the ship.  They are supposed to have a place for you to wait until your departure number is called, and this place is supposed to have continental breakfast. 

I've not seen this in a long while. You will be lucky to find a place with coffee.

The Grandeur has had this for the past 4 years on cruises I have been on.

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

The Grandeur has had this for the past 4 years on cruises I have been on.

Grandeur out of Baltimore is on our bucket list.  I've always heard very good things about that ship.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Grandeur out of Baltimore is on our bucket list.  I've always heard very good things about that ship.

The only negative for me personally is that I am disabled and the only way to get to the fitness center is to either walk up a flight of stairs which I cannot do or have somebody open the emergency door to an outside deck but that is only when the ship is in port but never on windy or rainy days and I cannot physically get to that door.

On a cruise in 2015 the Hotel Manager offered to allow me to use the crews gym which I truly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Probably more than half on the entire ship will be gold...agree that level is nothing to get excited about as you only need 3 cruises to get to that level as you know.

Not 3 cruises, 3 POINTS.  Unless you're on a very short cruise (eg repo Seattle to Vancouver) you can't have even one cruise and not make Gold.

Roy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Not 3 cruises, 3 POINTS.  Unless you're on a very short cruise (eg repo Seattle to Vancouver) you can't have even one cruise and not make Gold.

Roy

Good catch...I meant 3 points....I still tend to think of the old system.

Just off IOS and my final Gold status (now moved up a tier) 

We were assigned theatre for departure which did have fresh coffee and pastries available.

Having said that both the cafe promenade and sorrentos were open serving breakfast bits also. 

If you fancy fried egg pizza that is.

10 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I have never seen the breakfast...  last cruise it was just pitchers of water...  

11 hours ago, AddiBerry said:

So I've just signed into my C&A account and it shows that I'm a gold member, and then explains some of the perks when you click for more information. It says there is something called a private departure lounge and continental breakfast. I've never read anything about this anywhere, does anyone have any info on it? When does it happen, how do we know where/when it's taking place, just anything at all would be great! Thank you 🙂

if by 'private departure lounge' you mean a section of the Theater, or a  lounge where you wait with everyone else  encumbered by your carry ons until your  debarkation number is called, you find out the night before  at turndown with your  paperwork.  best you can hope for is pastries and pitchers of juice and water.  maybe coffee.  in no way iOS it a true  continental brekkie.

its true purpose is to get you OUT of your cabin so that the  cabin stewards can get on with the business of turning over the cabins for the next  cruise.  

• Like 1