Thoughts on Long Sailings?

Samanthac25

20 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Eleven days is not a long cruise.  I have been on longer.  For me it is all about the cruise ports.  There is normally enough activities on board to keep you from getting bored.  I have never been bored on a cruise ship.  We have been on several Holiday cruises.  They are all very nice with mass and Christmas celebrations.

Last 5yrs havent done less then 17, many as 33nites at time. Save on Airfare doing B2B's. Though I enjoy equal number Sea days as Port's

Always do a longer cruise in the winter. 9 days minimum, but usually prefer longer depending on price. Used to have to do 7 days way back in the day due to funds and work. Now a 7 day cruise would feel short. My only complaint about the longer cruises, and this is coming from someone that's a healthy eater, is I do get tired of the cruise ship food. I mean, the food is wonderful, but typically everything is loaded with salt and I always feel so bloated when the cruise is over.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Samanthac25 said:

Thanks everyone, you all convinced me! Our 11 night Christmas 2020 cruise is officially booked 🎉🤩

You won't regret it.  The longer the better, I'm not a fan of short cruises -  It takes me a week to get myself settled in 😉 

• Like 1

For me it is about mindset.  I've been on 5 day cruises and was ready to get off on day 3...  Our last trans-Atlantic was b2b and 21 days and I would have been fine to stay on for another 21.   With the longer trip I was getting to the gym daily, only eating when I was hungry (eg less), and quite relaxed.   We had some ports with paid excursions, some ports where we just went exploring and a few ports we did not leave the ship.  I think it depends on what you like about cruising?   I find the experience to be different getting settled in and on a longer cruise and I like it.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 12:35 PM, njkruzer said:

Will be doing 34 nts, a b2b around Australia in February.  

njkruzer - we’re doing similar (top + bottom) March 2021 with RCL. Just curious which line you’re on in Feb as we had looked at 2020  before “settling” on 2021.

2 hours ago, mitz18 said:

njkruzer - we’re doing similar (top + bottom) March 2021 with RCL. Just curious which line you’re on in Feb as we had looked at 2020  before “settling” on 2021.

Royal Caribbean, Radiance of the Seas.

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

4 hours ago, mitz18 said:

We too looked a5 the 2020 cruise but settled on the 2021 version.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:37 PM, frank808 said:

Will just miss the two of you as we get off on Jan 31st.  We will keep her safe and sound for you.  Enjoy your cruise and see you in 2021 at the latest.

Thanks!  Enjoy yours as well my DS friend!  🙂 

20 hours ago, gr8tfulscott said:

we have done a number of trips but last one to hawaii with 5 days at sea and 4 days at sea back was too menty sea days on a midsize ship for us. were now booked on 8 day 2 days at sea each way.. 

I did 10 sea days (non-stop Lisbon to San Juan) on 600 passenger Azamara Journey.  One of my top 5 cruises.

• Like 1

I would love longer cruises out of Galveston  we have done b2b for several years now. I would love to go to a few more places. We never get off at same port second time. Just stay on ship and relax and enjoy less people