Pacific Adventure going to White Bay

I can't find a height for the Golden, but Wikipedia says that the Grand, her sister ship, is 61.26m high (not sure if that includes the draught of 7.92m).

The Sydney Harbour bridge has clearance of 49m.

Unless the Singapore refit knocks off a couple of decks, I think there must be something else going on with the Sydney Ports schedule. The White Bay entries are probably placeholders for other P&O ships.

Who knows, maybe by 2021 P&O will have gotten hold of Sea Princess.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

• 4 weeks later...

There was a slightly heated discussion about this on social media recently with many people insisting Adventure would dock at White Bay on her maiden voyage. Some people insisted Golden Princess would be reconfigured to fit under the bridge.  Seeing as I will be on her I'm intrigued to know how.

On 10/25/2019 at 7:54 PM, chry5alis said:

There was a slightly heated discussion about this on social media recently with many people insisting Adventure would dock at White Bay on her maiden voyage. Some people insisted Golden Princess would be reconfigured to fit under the bridge.  Seeing as I will be on her I'm intrigued to know how.

Seeing as those on social media are seen as authorities on cruising (or anything for that matter 🙂 )

• Haha 1

On 9/29/2019 at 4:04 PM, Scanorama said:

Didn't one of the RCL's ships managed to disembark and embark from White Bay while anchored at Athol Buoy a few years ago?

I think it was Radiance of the Seas got bumped by Ovation of the Seas:

Interesting, I wonder how this ended.

They might have to do this next year as Pacific Adventure and Serenade of the Seas are listed as coming in together on Oct 30, the first to White Bay and the second to the OPT.  Pacific Adventure is not departing until the next day from the OPT. 

The Pacific Adventure will obviously not fit under the bridge  so White Bay would just be nominal .She is overnighting in Sydney so I would assume she will moor at Athol Buoy and tender guests to man o war steps  ( or similar) on the first day just like any other port of call stop and then move to the OPT in the evening  once the Serenade leaves and debark/ embark on the second day.

From Wed 28 Oct 2020
(To Fri 30 Oct 2020)
2 Night Classic
Ship Pacific Adventure 
Cruise Itinerary: Brisbane, Australia (28 Oct d1800); Sydney, Australia (30 Oct a0700)

From Sat 31 Oct 2020
(To Fri 6 Nov 2020)
6 Night Melbourne Cup Carnival
Ship Pacific Adventure

Cruise Itinerary: Sydney, Australia (31 Oct d1600); Melbourne, Australia (02 Nov 0800(+2)1600); Sydney, Australia (06 Nov a0600)

Twilight zone territory here, just right for Halloween.

• 2 years later...

Yes it does appear that the funnel structure has been lowered.

Golden Princess 2016

image.jpeg.908245cdb7dd76e47756522f143cc933.jpeg

Pacific Adventure 2022image.thumb.jpeg.a591fc50cdae9d7e497359de2b6aea97.jpeg

We sailed on the Pacific Dawn in 2009 & 2010 and the Captain advised that they had to lower the upper part of mast above the ships bridge in order to pass under the harbour bridge

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes it does appear that the funnel structure has been lowered.

Golden Princess 2016

image.jpeg.908245cdb7dd76e47756522f143cc933.jpeg

Pacific Adventure 2022image.thumb.jpeg.a591fc50cdae9d7e497359de2b6aea97.jpeg

We sailed on the Pacific Dawn in 2009 & 2010 and the Captain advised that they had to lower the upper part of mast above the ships bridge in order to pass under the harbour bridge

Just want to clarify, the quote box didnt come across, I didn't sail on Pacific dawn in 2009 and 2010, it was am1984 from another thread.

• Like 1