FTTF

wbmom401

Yes.  I have been able to get FTTF two different times for cruises when it had been sold out.  The second time it opened up four different times, that I saw.  The first was around 38 days before the cruise.  I have also been on cruises when I haven't been able to get it, even though I checked a lot.  Some people have had good luck very late at night or early in the morning.  When I snagged it the last time, it was in the middle of the afternoon.

If you belong to a roll call or facebook group for your particular cruise, people will usually make a post when they see it open up.  Sometimes it only opens up for an hour or so.  Good luck.

Seen it open up within a month or two of sailing.

Some will get it, print out boarding passes and luggage tags and then cancel it.

You get to bypass the line outside and just get into the regular line inside and get your luggage earlier.

Sometimes a person with FTTF will upgrade to a higher cabin category that does not require FTTF so you might can catch it at the right time to get it. I was on a cruise Facebook group when a person announced this and I was able to buy it at the last minute for a cruise. Good luck! 

• Like 1

Last minute can happen for sure.   I canceled our FTTF the day before our cruise. When I called customer service, the representative said how happy that was going to make someone.   She said there was a waiting list, but I've never heard of one.   

Edited by Silent Penguin

On 10/2/2019 at 10:38 PM, wbmom401 said:

I booked late and we are sailing at the beginning of December, so currently FTTF is sold out.   Has anyone ever seen this open up prior to sailing?

Are you on the same cruise as me? I have been booked since January for 2 rooms and I was just able to grab one FTTF last week. Still checking daily for another.

23 hours ago, robc1972 said:

Seen it open up within a month or two of sailing.

Some will get it, print out boarding passes and luggage tags and then cancel it.

You get to bypass the line outside and just get into the regular line inside and get your luggage earlier.

Are you sure you can cancel FTTF? I know you can cancel the prepaid gratuities but I am not sure about canceling FTTF.

31 minutes ago, Jamericannn said:

Are you sure you can cancel FTTF? I know you can cancel the prepaid gratuities but I am not sure about canceling FTTF.

It can be cancelled and refunded to the original form of payment.  I don't know whether this has to be done a certain number of days prior to embarkation.

If what robc1972 posted is correct add it to the ever evolving ways people find to cheat the system.

Edited to add that I should have said last I know of it can be refunded.  It's hard to keep up with policy changes.

Edited by bury me at sea
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

It can be cancelled and refunded to the original form of payment.  I don't know whether this has to be done a certain number of days prior to embarkation.

If what robc1972 posted is correct add it to the ever evolving ways people find to cheat the system.

Edited to add that I should have said last I know of it can be refunded.  It's hard to keep up with policy changes.

Haha. If I don't get the FTTF for the other room I will have to cancel the one I have it on. 

As I am writing I thought of a great idea

1. print the boarding pass

2. cancel

3. buy the FTTF which will become availabe for the other room

4. Print that boarding pass

5. Cancel that FTTF TOO.

Now I would have 2 unpaid FTTFs. Lol

I am too much of a chicken to do that. I don't want to get embarrassed. It was just a thought. 🙂

Edited by Jamericannn

4 minutes ago, Jamericannn said:

Haha. If I don't get the FTTF for the other room I will have to cancel the one I have it on. 

As I am writing I thought of a great idea

1. print the boarding pass

2. cancel

3. buy the FTTF which will become availabe for the other room

4. Print that boarding pass

5. Cancel that FTTF TOO.

Now I would have 2 unpaid boarding passes. Lol

I am too much of a chicken to do that. I don't want to get embarrassed. It was just a thought. 🙂

That's too funny.  Happy sailing!

FTTF can and does sometimes show up last minute... if you're interested, keep looking. And maybe call Carnival to ask about it. In my experience, that sometimes primes the pump and within a week or two of calling, FTTF will suddenly appear on the site!

1 hour ago, star65 said:

I found the definition  and I am wondering if you feel this is worth it if you have Your time dining. We are also on the horizon 6 day  so it's more money. What are your thoughts?

Like Butterbean said, FTTF has nothing to do with dining times. From the Carnival website:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

FTTF can affect dining time if you are waitlisted.  FTTF is cleared after Platinum.

Dining Reservations
Priority dinner time assignment in the Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:45 PM, terals2003 said:

FTTF can affect dining time if you are waitlisted.  FTTF is cleared after Platinum.

Dining Reservations
Priority dinner time assignment in the Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:48 PM, star65 said:

Yes, my question was if you have your time dining and there is a wait, does FTTF give you priority in this situation?

My understanding is that if you wanted a specific dining type assignment (traditional vs your time) and the requested type is waitlisted, FTTF gives priority in getting the assignment you want.  It would not give priority to someone with a YTD assignment who showed up to a waiting line on a specific night.

EX 1: FTTF passenger wants YTD but was waitlisted as it was full.  If any seats open after Platinum have received their preference then the FTTF assignment would switch from traditional to YTD.

EX 2: FTTF passenger has YTD.  They show up to the MDR at 6:30 and there is a waiting list to be seated.  No priority would be given and they would wait their turn.