Beach Beds on Coco Cay

Notaworryintheworld

I tried searching but couldn’t find much info on these. We will be there in December before the beach club opens twice. Thinking about booking a beach bed for one of our days there. 

Does anyone have any experience with these? Is it worth it? The cruise planner shows south beach beds and just regular beach beds (which I assume means on chill island). Anyone know which area would be better? We just want a relaxing beach day. Want easy access to drinks, preferably. I assume these don’t come with an attendant like the cabanas, right? Any experiences/advice/suggestions? Thanks!

On 10/6/2019 at 9:55 AM, Notaworryintheworld said:

I tried searching but couldn’t find much info on these. We will be there in December before the beach club opens twice. Thinking about booking a beach bed for one of our days there. 

Does anyone have any experience with these? Is it worth it? The cruise planner shows south beach beds and just regular beach beds (which I assume means on chill island). Anyone know which area would be better? We just want a relaxing beach day. Want easy access to drinks, preferably. I assume these don’t come with an attendant like the cabanas, right? Any experiences/advice/suggestions? Thanks!

I've booked a beach bed for our 2020 TA next year on Allure, but haven't been to Cococay yet.

I did, however, find these two videos extremely helpful to make the decision to book the beach bed:

I will say this much that our beach bed has already increased in price by $50, so if you want one, book it sooner rather than later since that will determine your location.

I hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

We enjoyed the beach beds - twice.  It is very quiet in that area.  We had them before the construction, so I do not know if they are in the same area.  They provide nice shade.  I would recommend bringing the towel clips as they are helpful to keep the side curtains closed for shade.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, island lady said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think the South Beach beds are there any longer?  They are doing construction in that area to put in the over the water cabanas.  

All of a sudden the south beach ones are showing up in my cruise planner even though the beach club and over water cabanas won’t be open yet. So not sure what it’s going to be like! 

7 hours ago, Notaworryintheworld said:

All of a sudden the south beach ones are showing up in my cruise planner even though the beach club and over water cabanas won’t be open yet. So not sure what it’s going to be like! 

I thought they were opening in December?

17 hours ago, island lady said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think the South Beach beds are there any longer?  They are doing construction in that area to put in the over the water cabanas.  

Only temporarily until they finish construction at the end of this year.  You're on the Allure TA with me next year so they will be back in service by then.  They are showing on our Cruise Planner.

Edited by Teeara

16 hours ago, cruisin0504 said:

We enjoyed the beach beds - twice.  It is very quiet in that area.  We had them before the construction, so I do not know if they are in the same area.  They provide nice shade.  I would recommend bringing the towel clips as they are helpful to keep the side curtains closed for shade.

The towel clips is a great suggestion. I have added them to my packing list.  Thanks!  I wouldn't have thought of that.

9 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

What is the price of a beach bed?

It depends on the time of year.  When I purchased for November 2020 about a month or so ago it was $149 for the bed.  It is now showing on my Cruise Planner at $199.

12 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

My May cruise has been $199 ever since I booked. I keep checking though I don't expect it to go down. The Key just went down from $23.99 to $19.99 a day so I rebooked that.

I would be hesitant to change it if, according to the video, those who book earlier will get front row beach beds.  You might lose your "spot" if you booked earlier and then changed it later on (not that you can know until you board the ship).

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

It depends on the time of year.  When I purchased for November 2020 about a month or so ago it was $149 for the bed.  It is now showing on my Cruise Planner at $199.

We are on the same TA and got the beach bed for $149 also. That is the cheapest I have seen them. 

We we have had them a couple of times on Labadee and loved it. Comfortable and relaxing. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Teeara said:

I've booked a beach bed for our 2020 TA next year on Allure, but haven't been to Cococay yet.

I did, however, find these two videos extremely helpful to make the decision to book the beach bed:

I will say this much that our beach bed has already increased in price by $50, so if you want one, book it sooner rather than later since that will determine your location.

I hope this helps!

I've done the beach beds in 2016, 2017, and 2018 and loved them at $150 for the two of us.  This year with the perfect day, the price was $299.  After Dorian, South beach was a stinky mess and we wouldn't have enjoyed our day here.  Also they have moved the beach beds slightly closer to the swim up bar and they are packed in like sardines.     Because of the stink, they dropped the cabanas in the water park to the same price, so 4 of us did that this year.

3 hours ago, Teeara said:

Only temporarily until they finish construction at the end of this year.  You're on the Allure TA with me next year so they will be back in service by then.  They are showing on our Cruise Planner.

Thanks...will be interesting indeed to see the continued changes in construction.  Normally though, we don't book beach beds or cabanas.  Neither of us likes to sit still very long, we prefer walking around, especially me.  Had the Chill Island cabana only because my sister booked it.  Was nice...but we got bored fast.  Feeding the fish was the best part of the day.  😉 

Edited by island lady

On 10/8/2019 at 12:22 PM, Teeara said:

The towel clips is a great suggestion. I have added them to my packing list.  Thanks!  I wouldn't have thought of that.

Royal Caribbean sell official RCL towel clips onboard their fleet, I bought them onboard Oasis 3 weeks ago, very good. Also you can buy exclusive CocoCay versions on the island from the gift shop.....bought those as well.

• Like 1

I am trying to understand the pricing for the beds.  On the site it says "Pricing is per beach bed, not per person." but when I put it in my cart for the three of us we are charged per person?  It's hard enough to pay $200 for it let alone trying to get $200 per person?  Am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, Flyers088 said:

I am trying to understand the pricing for the beds.  On the site it says "Pricing is per beach bed, not per person." but when I put it in my cart for the three of us we are charged per person?  It's hard enough to pay $200 for it let alone trying to get $200 per person?  Am I missing something?

Just book it for one person.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Just book it for one person.

Will the two others in my party be allowed to go to the beach bed with me?  That is very confusing.  I can see someone paying for multiple people only to find out they now have multiple beach beds when they show up.

21 minutes ago, Flyers088 said:

Will the two others in my party be allowed to go to the beach bed with me?  That is very confusing.  I can see someone paying for multiple people only to find out they now have multiple beach beds when they show up.

They give out wrist bands for the number of people allowed in the beach bed.