Currently on the Harmony

21 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

I thought it was just announced that it’s going to be called Wear your Best , saying goodbye to formal dress what you feel is right for you.....so it’s changed back or the change hasn’t been made yet ?  Is it cruise specific?

When the 7 day Harmony cruise changed to a 10 day cruise,  the cruise following it, which was a 4 day cruise, had a wear your best night instead of a formal night.  Word got out that there were no more formal nights on Harmony and just like most rumors, it spread quickly.

There was a correction made on the unofficial blog that explained the policy of Royal Caribbean with the formal/wear your best nights.  If a cruise is 5 days or less, there are no longer any formal nights.  There is now a wear your best night in its place.  

On cruises more than 5 nights, formal nights are still in existence.  So, really there is no change and I'm sure most will still wear whatever they want as they have all along whether it is considered formal or wear your best.

Haha! I deleted all that! I thought I was recovered enough to read about going on another cruise, but I'm not! I got triggered and started typing. Always a bad idea.

Edited by GigiK
Correcting a mistake.

1 hour ago, VaTech8912 said:

Right? I still have no idea why there was soooo many of all ages at this time of year. Not sure what school holiday was in effect.  I have never experienced that in September before. Was a "good" trip, just not one of my favorite compared to previous Oasis class or other ships.

My daughter, son in law, and grandchildren lives in North Carolina and they have a year round school schedule with periodic 3 week breaks throughout the year.  My grandson will be on one of those breaks after October 18 and they are all joining us on our Harmony cruise starting the 20th.  Seems like many schools are doing alternative schedules so there aren't a lot of times when there won't be many children on board.

1 hour ago, katiel53 said:

When the 7 day Harmony cruise changed to a 10 day cruise,  the cruise following it, which was a 4 day cruise, had a wear your best night instead of a formal night.  Word got out that there were no more formal nights on Harmony and just like most rumors, it spread quickly.

There was a correction made on the unofficial blog that explained the policy of Royal Caribbean with the formal/wear your best nights.  If a cruise is 5 days or less, there are no longer any formal nights.  There is now a wear your best night in its place.  

On cruises more than 5 nights, formal nights are still in existence.  So, really there is no change and I'm sure most will still wear whatever they want as they have all along whether it is considered formal or wear your best.

Okay that makes sense....thanks!

9 hours ago, MonikaJ42 said:

We are off the ship now and at the airport waiting for our flight home 😩. I will be writing a review tomorrow but just wanted to add a few more tidbits.  Chops Grill dinner, even if you have the UDP, a 2nd entree will cost you $10.  You can order as many appetizers and desserts but not multiple entrees.  This is the only restaurant on the ship that we came across the additional charge.  We didn’t order more than 1 entree so it was not an issue for us.  Also everyday in the promenade there is some kind of sale of watches, jewelry, shirts, hats, etc etc so bring some extra cash or prepare to use that credit card!   Happy cruising everyone!! 

Thanks for the extra info.
1/  So you can order multiple entrees for no extra charge at every specialty restaurant except Chops?

2/  I remember they had a sale on t-shirts and merchandise on the last day of our cruise.  Has this changed and now they have it every day?

On 10/13/2019 at 10:03 AM, MonikaJ42 said:

We are off the ship now and at the airport waiting for our flight home 😩. I will be writing a review tomorrow but just wanted to add a few more tidbits.  Chops Grill dinner, even if you have the UDP, a 2nd entree will cost you $10.  You can order as many appetizers and desserts but not multiple entrees.  This is the only restaurant on the ship that we came across the additional charge.  We didn’t order more than 1 entree so it was not an issue for us.  Also everyday in the promenade there is some kind of sale of watches, jewelry, shirts, hats, etc etc so bring some extra cash or prepare to use that credit card!   Happy cruising everyone!! 

Do you remember which day was the Meet & Mingle and the Welcome Back Party at the Aqua theater?

On 10/11/2019 at 1:16 PM, MrsKC08 said:

Question for those currently onboard. Can you please find out if you can use the Starbucks app to pay and/or receive your star rewards?

You CAN pay with your Starbucks app but you can't redeem stars on board.  Remember that you need to be able to pull up the app on your phone which may require Internet access..the alternative is to screenshot the pay screen before you cruise and use that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

You CAN pay with your Starbucks app but you can't redeem stars on board.  Remember that you need to be able to pull up the app on your phone which may require Internet access..the alternative is to screenshot the pay screen before you cruise and use that.

Thank you. Internet won't be a problem because I have the internet package.

9 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

In the past has been on the 1st sea day for both.

Hey Brother! 

Yes, that was always on the Oasis when it left PC, but we're looking for the Harmony answer. Not many of the itineraries are the same as ours..... 

Ps...please tell Ms Sandy we said Hi! 

Edited by TYMAN

24 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Hey Brother! 

Yes, that was always on the Oasis when it left PC, but we're looking for the Harmony answer. Not many of the itineraries are the same as ours..... 

They were both on the first sea day on Harmony which for us 2 weeks ago was day 3.  We had the eastern itinerary .

Sherri🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

They were both on the first sea day on Harmony which for us 2 weeks ago was day 3.  We had the eastern itinerary .

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri!!

Our itinerary is sea day, sea day, St Maarten, SJ, Labadee, sea day....was that your schedule? 

A lot is riding on this! It's affecting my drinking schedule. lol!! 

Edited by TYMAN

On 10/13/2019 at 1:07 PM, orkaren1 said:

My daughter, son in law, and grandchildren lives in North Carolina and they have a year round school schedule with periodic 3 week breaks throughout the year.  My grandson will be on one of those breaks after October 18 and they are all joining us on our Harmony cruise starting the 20th.  Seems like many schools are doing alternative schedules so there aren't a lot of times when there won't be many children on board.

Below is the link to your informal roll call for your cruise on the 20th!! Hurry and sign up for our free on-board Meet & Mingle to meet some of your fellow cruisers and possibly win a prize! Hope to see you soon! Cheers!!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2476700-october-20-2019-harmony-of-the-seas-really-early-roll-call/page/41/

1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

Hey Brother! 

Hi Bill,

We have done 7 Oasis Class sailings so far this year. Each time they were held on the first sea day. This is for the Oasis, Allure and Harmony.

See our schedule below. Any chance that you will be on the same cruise? Would like to see the three of you again.

5 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

Hi Bill,

We have done 7 Oasis Class sailings so far this year. Each time they were held on the first sea day. This is for the Oasis, Allure and Harmony.

See our schedule below. Any chance that you will be on the same cruise? Would like to see the three of you again.

Not seeing your schedule John......but we're on the 11/17/19 sailing and yet to book our 2020's yet.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TYMAN said:

Hi Sherri!!

Our itinerary is sea day, sea day, St Maarten, SJ, Labadee, sea day....was that your schedule? 

A lot is riding on this! It's affecting my drinking schedule. lol!! 

Ours was Coco Cay, sea day, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, sea day, sea day.

Sherri🙂

1 minute ago, sjb317 said:

Ours was Coco Cay, sea day, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, sea day, sea day.

Sherri🙂

Although I like your itinerary better, since you went to CocoCay the first day, our schedule would be different....I'm still thinking ours will be held the first Sea Day, Monday.... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TYMAN said:

Not seeing your schedule John......but we're on the 11/17/19 sailing and yet to book our 2020's yet.....

Hi Bill,

Allure--1-19-20  Harmony--2-23-20--5-3-20--10-11-20   Oasis--11-4-20 and 12-6-20

Will probably add 2 or 3 more on the Harmony from June thru September. Please let me know your 2020 schedule.

12 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Hi Bill,

Allure--1-19-20  Harmony--2-23-20--5-3-20--10-11-20   Oasis--11-4-20 and 12-6-20

Will probably add 2 or 3 more on the Harmony from June thru September. Please let me know your 2020 schedule.

Thanks John for the updated schedule! We will definitely see you onboard one of these Harmony cruises!