Currently on the Harmony

Hi everyone! Currently on the Harmony and just wanted to share some observations for day 1.

Harmony is a gorgeous ship! Clean and just huge! It’s a bit overwhelming but we are loving it so far.

Ship is at max capacity and you totally notice especially at the elevators.  

We have the ultimate dining package and ate at Chops for lunch and 150 Central Park for dinner. Absolutely no issues ordering 2 entrees in both restaurants.  The waiters actually encouraged it as we wanted to try different dishes.  No extra charge.  Wonderful experience so far with the package.

Formal nights are back! Just received our day 2 cruise compass and dress code is formal.  

Happy Cruising everyone!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MonikaJ42 said:

Hi everyone! Currently on the Harmony and just wanted to share some observations for day 1.

Harmony is a gorgeous ship! Clean and just huge! It’s a bit overwhelming but we are loving it so far.

We have the ultimate dining package and ate at Chops for lunch and 150 Central Park for dinner. Absolutely no issues ordering 2 entrees in both restaurants.  The waiters actually encouraged it as we wanted to try different dishes.  No extra charge.  Wonderful experience so far with the package.

Formal nights are back! Just received our day 2 cruise compass and dress code is formal.  

Happy Cruising everyone!

Have a great cruise.  We will be on HOS this Sunday. 

Edited by DanOO
add a word

Absolutely no issues ordering 2 entrees in both restaurants.  The waiters actually encouraged it as we wanted to try different dishes.  No extra charge.  Wonderful experience so far with the package. ...

Thanks for the update on ordering multiple entrees.

• Like 1

Were you able to make reservations for Hibachi with the Dining package?  Did you just walk up to chops and tell them you had the package for the embarkation lunch?

6&8

11 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Thank you for the update.  We will not be dressing formal, nobody is going to kick us out of the MDR with my other half wearing a pair of pants and a shirt and myself capris and a blouse.  Everybody should wear what they want but dress neatly.

They won't. We were on HOTS couple of weeks ago, we saw plenty that were in shorts and flips flops even on "formal" nights. A lot did dress up. Compass even hinted that shorts were only for breakfast and lunch in the MDR but it really wasn't an issue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RickAinley said:

They won't. We were on HOTS couple of weeks ago, we saw plenty that were in shorts and flips flops even on "formal" nights. A lot did dress up. Compass even hinted that shorts were only for breakfast and lunch in the MDR but it really wasn't an issue. 

We were on your cruise and the one following and I agree with you.  Lots of shorts every night with very few dressing up in our area of the MDR at late seating.

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, sixesandeights said:

Were you able to make reservations for Hibachi with the Dining package?  Did you just walk up to chops and tell them you had the package for the embarkation lunch?

6&8

Hi, we made all our reservations in the cruise terminal when checking in, including lunch and Izumi.  No issues. It’s really easy!

1 hour ago, DanOO said:

Harmony is a great ship but the elevator situation is horrendous. I was on Harmony a few weeks ago and experienced many long waits for really crowded elevators stopping at every floor

Harmony is a GREAT ship....so much to do! The only thing I didn't understand was why they haven't replaced the chairs in the American Icon dining room (deck 3). They are made with bonded leather with most of them cracked and/or torn. The main dining rooms on decks 4 and 5 had beautiful comfortable chairs. Have a wonderful cruise as I hope you get to go to Coco Cay....it is beautiful...the blue ocean water as well as the pool!

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Thank you for the update.  We will not be dressing formal, nobody is going to kick us out of the MDR with my other half wearing a pair of pants and a shirt and myself capris and a blouse.  Everybody should wear what they want but dress neatly.

You will have no problem at all!!!  

On “formal”  night my husband always wears his khakis and a floral shirt and he is certainly not the only one.  The only thing they don’t care for on that night is shorts, although I always see some of those too..

Edited by GTO-Girl

You are correct that the compass now says formal but it is  a real joke. We were on Harmony for 11 days during the hurricane repo  3 weeks ago and just got off her yesterday going west again for 7 days. Both nights  I have never seen so many shorts, tee shirts and a few ball caps worn  on both formal nights. only saw a couple black tie and some suits and sport coats but mostly  shirt and trousers for men  and ladies slacks and tops. I don't do the tuxedo anymore as mine shrunk in the closet and seldom bring a sportcoat. I wear long sleeve dress shirts,short sleeve  dressy pullover, sometimes and island shirt and kaki pants or haggar dress pants and   fine for all nights. I don't know why they print that in the compass as people with shorts ,caps etc walked right by Miguel, matrade, Revelino, ast mat,  Kiran ,food and beverage director,  and four of five head waiters Jay,Yasser,Daniel and a few more. I think it's just a  unwritten company policy now  and none of the powers to be want to confront anyone and get a negative report. They also had dress in specialty listed as formal and it has always been dressy casual. I think  the key is SUGGESTED not mandatory.   I am leaving on Adventure in 18 days and it will be  dressy shirt and  sport trousers for nights and shorts for the other daily meals

6 hours ago, sellwingri said:

We ate in Izumi Hibachi and it was fabulous.  We made a reservation when we boarded with one of the people standing around in the promenade and he actually gave it to us as BOGO for Diamond Plus, even though it was on day 4

On Harmony?  We asked (today)  if we could use the BOGO on the proper night or any night in Izumi  and were denied. 

Thanks. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

6 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Harmony is a GREAT ship....so much to do! The only thing I didn't understand was why they haven't replaced the chairs in the American Icon dining room (deck 3). They are made with bonded leather with most of them cracked and/or torn. The main dining rooms on decks 4 and 5 had beautiful comfortable chairs. Have a wonderful cruise as I hope you get to go to Coco Cay....it is beautiful...the blue ocean water as well as the pool!

Totally agree with the chairs in the dining room. They are in pretty rough shape with the cracked and torn fabric.

7 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Harmony is a GREAT ship....so much to do! The only thing I didn't understand was why they haven't replaced the chairs in the American Icon dining room (deck 3). They are made with bonded leather with most of them cracked and/or torn. The main dining rooms on decks 4 and 5 had beautiful comfortable chairs. 

Agree! We are booked on Symphony next summer and I was checking out pictures to see if it had the same sad chairs.