Baseball Playoffs

mom1965

Hi there - We are going on the Anthem on a 5 night 10/19.  We are huge Yankee fans and hopefully they will be playing in the American League Championship and with a lot of luck the World Series.  Does anybody know if we will be able to watch the games?

• Like 1

If they can, they will. 

MLB is known to be pretty restrictive and not always allow regular season or playoff games to be televised outside of the US mainland.  When I lived on St Thomas a few years back we received a Fox station out of Puerto Rico.  MLB blocked that Fox station from broadcasting the game even though Fox on the US mainland was carrying the playoffs.  

It wasn't the Fox station in PR that didn't want to broadcast the game, MLB wouldn't let them because they sold the "international" TV rights to another company.

2 hours ago, mom1965 said:

Hi there - We are going on the Anthem on a 5 night 10/19.  We are huge Yankee fans and hopefully they will be playing in the American League Championship and with a lot of luck the World Series.  Does anybody know if we will be able to watch the games?

You should be able to if the Crankees get to the WS but I predict that they will lose to Houston.Having said that this METS fan did root for your team when a friend of mine played for them in the 60’s.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

You should be able to if the Crankees get to the WS but I predict that they will lose to Houston.Having said that this METS fan did root for your team when a friend of mine played for them in the 60’s.

Houston is a tough team the beat but who knows, maybe the Yankees will be playing Tampa. 🙂

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Houston is a tough team the beat but who knows, maybe the Yankees will be playing Tampa. 🙂

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

You cannot go by the results of the game today.I cannot see anyone beating Verlander and Cole in consecutive games.

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You cannot go by the results of the game today.I cannot see anyone beating Verlander and Cole in consecutive games.

Of course. I don't see Houston losing 3 in a row. But I do hope it goes 5 games and the Rays make Verlander & Cole burn thru a lot of pitches!

That way, if the Yanks do make it to the ALCS, their chances are slightly better.  Plus, those 2 have been so dominate for so long, they are due to a bad game   *** crosses fingers ***

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Of course. I don't see Houston losing 3 in a row. But I do hope it goes 5 games and the Rays make Verlander & Cole burn thru a lot of pitches!

That way, if the Yanks do make it to the ALCS, their chances are slightly better.  Plus, those 2 have been so dominate for so long, they are due to a bad game   *** crosses fingers ***

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Aha,a Yankees fan. I am a Mets fan. I would love to see both NY teams play in a World Series sometime soon.

As I previously posted to another person ,many years ago I knew a guy who played for the Yankees and when he did I rooted for him and the team.

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Aha,a Yankees fan. I am a Mets fan. I would love to see both NY teams play in a World Series sometime soon.

As I previously posted to another person ,many years ago I knew a guy who played for the Yankees and when he did I rooted for him and the team.

Yankee fan first. New York fan second. I'll cheer on the Met's whenever they are not playing the Yankees.

With the exception of 2000, it seems that both teams are never good at the same time. But I would like to see both in the World Series again.

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yankee fan first. New York fan second. I'll cheer on the Met's whenever they are not playing the Yankees.

With the exception of 2000, it seems that both teams are never good at the same time. But I would like to see both in the World Series again.

I am sure there are a lot of people who feel the same as you but I go back to the rivalry between the Brooklyn Dodgers and Yankees .Aside from the guy I knew who was a Yankee I also rooted for Yankee players who grew up in Brooklyn like Willie Randolph and others.

On 10/7/2019 at 11:55 AM, mom1965 said:

You'll get the World Series.  Beyond that it depends on what RCI wants to purchase the rights for.

20 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

You should be able to watch my Astros beat your Yankees. 🙂

All kidding aside, the playoffs were televised two years ago! I'm thinking they still are. 

I predict that Houston (one of my favorite US cities) will beat the Crankees 4 straight.

Verlander a no hit game

Cole a no hit game

Greinke will redeem himself and pitch a 3 hit win.

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I predict that Houston (one of my favorite US cities) will beat the Crankees 4 straight.

Verlander a no hit game

Cole a no hit game

You did hear the Yankees shut down one of the best offensive teams in the league, right?  With their "thin" pitching staff. You can't win if you can't score.

Either way, I'm hoping it goes 6 or 7 games. I have family down in Houston and am hoping to make a last minute trip down there to catch one of those games, if it goes that far. I love Minute Maid Park.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:55 PM, HBE4 said:

You did hear the Yankees shut down one of the best offensive teams in the league, right?  With their "thin" pitching staff. You can't win if you can't score.

Either way, I'm hoping it goes 6 or 7 games. I have family down in Houston and am hoping to make a last minute trip down there to catch one of those games, if it goes that far. I love Minute Maid Park.

Several of my friends left Brooklyn to go to school in Houston and decided to live there.I love the city.

39 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Might depend on the ship and the itinerary.  The NCL Gem in 2016 out of San Juan did not carry the Cubs/Tribe World Series.

Interesting,  We were on a Brilliance transatlantic for that one which was carried by Royal.

We were on the harmony transatlantic when the cubs won the world series. The ship did not broadcast it. From talking to the cubs fans onboard, it sounds like a passenger who subscribed to i think the MLB station and therefore was able to stream the games on mlb.com purchased the streaming internet package, and the cubs fans would meet in a conference room to watch on his laptop. Not a cubs fan so i didn't go, but i heard a few complaints about royal not offering it.

I was just on grandeur during the wild card games last week and, despite assurances from the concierge that we would get the national league game, we did not. We've been nationals season ticket holders for a dozen years so were pretty disappointed. Taking our cue from the cubs fans, we purchased the streaming internet package and signed up for tbs.com (tbs was broadcasting the game), but internet on grandeur is just too slow and we could not get any picture. We ended up streaming just the audio on espn radio on my husband's phone, and then after were able to watch highlights on espn on our stateroom tv. Grandeur was out of baltimore so there were a lot of disappointed nats fans onboard, especially because the ship showed all the football games during our trip. I guess the nfl is easier to license.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:26 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Verlander a no hit game

Cole a no hit game

and I was going to say Yankees win by 25 runs the first game... 30 runs the second game and they will not hit as well the 3rd game and win by only 12 and the clincher by 10

(seems just as likely as your prediction)

1 minute ago, hftmrock said:

and I was going to say Yankees win by 25 runs the first game... 30 runs the second game and they will not hit as well the 3rd game and win by only 12 and the clincher by 10

(seems just as likely as your prediction)

It is not likely that any professional baseball team will ever score 30 runs in a game,not even the Crankees.However,it is quite possible that a team could pitch a no hitter possibly even 2 in a game. Johnny Van DerMeer did it in two consecutive games.