Which would you eliminate?

Lem_On_Ade

6 hours ago, Lem_On_Ade said:

before. We currently have Moderno, Cagney's, La Cucina and Teppanyaki booked. I need to eliminate one, which would you choose? Thanks!!

I would drop Moderno  I loved Cagney's and Teppanyaki but do realize the show it a bit different on the ocean for Teppanyaki do to fire rules but still really great. Moderno was just too much for me and I am a big guy that loves steak and beef some of it was good some was just so so.

Depending on the ship some specialty are better than others 

on Star La Cucina was amazing 

cagneys was meagre in portions ..big plate small piece of meat cowering in the middle ..no veggies all sides extra ..our waitress agreed and tried to make it better with 4 ..count them 4 asparagus to fill the plate ...not a success 

my sons soup was not even half full bowl ...very disappointing and not cheap 

twice now Moderno meat was inedible because ofits salt content ..i thinkwhen meat gets ready to go bad they salt it ...tremendously ..i could not eat it 

truthfully food on N?cL specialty has really gone down in quality ..so much so I no longer buy meal s to go  there 

also some soups are very very salty ....so disappointing 

We found food more plentiful and better in MDR 

So subjective. 12 cruises in ..adding Bayamo/Food Republic on other SDP's on other ships. Last Moderno - cold , dry meats. Cagney's surf n turf was great..Teppanakki too noisy with unfriendly table. Love Le Bistro but mussels were closed. Second Le Bistro nite perfect. 

Crap shoot...

On 10/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, DinaS said:

Moderno is pretty similar to what you would experience on land, if you were going to a middle-of-the-road place.  I've been to better places and worse places on land.  

Food at Moderno was decent, and the salad bar (lots of stuff other than salad) was pretty good.

As for Cagney's, we had a horrible meal there on the Gem last time.  In fact it was bad from appetizer to steak to dessert.  We were offered another meal - and we went back to Le Bistro - our favorite.  We generally love steakhouses - but this was akin to a cheap chain restaurant on a bad day.

Definitely go to Le Bistro!!!

There you go, we had a horrible meal at Le Bistro last week & a great one at Cagneys. The scallops were very overdone & my French Press coffee, which was NOT pressed at the table was weak & tepid.This was on the Dawn.

• Like 1

I would eliminate: 1) La Cucina or 2) Moderno

La Cucina my DH loved, mainly b/c he didn't get much Italian food at home (I'm alergic to tomatoes) however, it's not a true Italian restaurant IMO. The pasta can be overcooked, even soggy sometimes and the only thing I could have was Oso Bocco which, when done well, is wonderful, if not.... terrible. 

Moderno, salad bar was great, the meats however were overcooked and oversalted IMO.  Very few of the meats were good enough to pay the extra grats for. Again, JMO. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

23 minutes ago, Cozzette3 said:

I have never cruised Norwegian but  looking at it for nov 2020

Is there a main dining room that is part of the cruise fare?

The main dining room, buffet, OSheehans Are included.  There are usually two dining rooms that are smaller than the MDRthat are complimentary as well.  What ship you looking at, I’m sure the cruise critic crowd can tell you the names of the smaller ones too.

Rather than eliminating one, why not just plan to use the dinner package on three and then just put some money aside for the fourth. This way you can decide which ones were your favorite and which ones you can skip on your next cruise.

I've tried them all and liked them equally.😁

4 minutes ago, Billzilla66 said:

Rather than eliminating one, why not just plan to use the dinner package on three and then just put some money aside for the fourth. This way you can decide which ones were your favorite and which ones you can skip on your next cruise.

I've tried them all and liked them equally.😁

Bad idea. Sorry. 

It will be personal to each person, but it seems like there is a strong favorite to take away.  La Cucina has been my favorite so far.  The osso busco was to die for.  I like Hibachi, but if you have done it on land, it is the same at sea.  I would go for something new over that.  IF you haven't done Teppanyak, I would drop Moderno

On 10/11/2019 at 9:55 AM, Lem_On_Ade said:

I have my first NCL cruise booked for January. We received the specialty dining package of 3 meals. Seeing as how I've never been on NCL before I'm having a hard time deciding which restaurants to try. Let me preface by saying I love steak, Italian food and hibachi type meals so I would love some input from anyone who has ate at these places before. We currently have Moderno, Cagney's, La Cucina and Teppanyaki booked. I need to eliminate one, which would you choose? Thanks!!

Teppanyaki. We did it on a cruise on the Getaway and most of the food was so salty that it was inedible. And, as an aside, I add salt to almost everything I eat, so, it took a lot of salt to turn me off.

4 hours ago, megansdad1 said:

It will be personal to each person, but it seems like there is a strong favorite to take away.  La Cucina has been my favorite so far.  The osso busco was to die for.  I like Hibachi, but if you have done it on land, it is the same at sea.  I would go for something new over that.  IF you haven't done Teppanyak, I would drop Moderno

I’m leaning towards dropping Teppanyaki simply because I eat that pretty regularly at home. I know the reviews for Moderno and La Cucina make it seem pretty basic but I’ve never experienced a restaurant like Moderno and I figure why not try it out for “free” to see what it’s like. I also think you can’t go wrong with Italian food, it’s my favorite. I appreciate everyone’s responses, you guys are great!