Zakarian's Ocean Blue Restaurant

coffeebean

Looking at the deck plans for Breakaway, I see Ocean Blue is on the deck plan. Is there still a walk up window on the waterfront for Ocean Blue? I recall having the most delicious lobster roll, a Geoffrey Zakarian treat for the taste buds, that I will never forget.

Edited by coffeebean

I found this, but don't have a recent confirmation: Ocean Blue on The Waterfront (Deck 8); a la carte: It's a terrific option for lobster roll and crab toast and other casual fare -- think boardwalk-style food with an upscale twist. Dishes here are inspired by the more upscale Ocean Blue, but seating is outdoors and much more casual. It's open for lunch only. Hope this helps!

53 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Looking at the deck plans for Breakaway, I see Ocean Blue is on the deck plan. Is there still a walk up window on the waterfront for Ocean Blue? I recall having the most delicious lobster roll, a Geoffrey Zakarian treat for the taste buds, that I will never forget.

Sidenote: NCL and Zakarian ended their relationship in 2015

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Walk up window is still there. 

Since NCL fired Zakarian, they overhauled the menu a couple of times and little/nothing is left from Geoffrey. 

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Since NCL fired Zakarian, they overhauled the menu a couple of times and little/nothing is left from Geoffrey. 

Fired is a strong representation of an end to a business contract....... ironically, Andy Stuart started in 2015 and that year alone NCL "fired" Nickelodeon and Blue Man Group along with Zakarian. 

On 10/13/2019 at 10:12 PM, BirdTravels said:

I guess that means no more lobster rolls by Zakarian. That is what i was looking forward to. Zakarian's lobster rolls are the best I have ever had.

I am not a huge seafood love but the crispy calamari they had when it first opened was one of the best things I ever had on a cruise ship.  You could just order it at the bar too. No need to pay huge amount of money for a sit down meal to enjoy it.

Those were the days 😋

9 hours ago, Travelicious said:

I never found the walk up window to be open in the 15 days I was aboard last year.  

We were on the Breakaway in May of this year.  The walk-up window was open on 'At Sea' days from noon to 2pm.  

You had to watch the dailies for it.   We love their Lobster Rolls☺️