Please tell me about Liberty!

It's been about 6 years since we last cruised with RCI (have cruised several times with Carnival since then) and have only been on Sovereign class previously. We'll be on Liberty in March/April 2020 and the more I read, the more it seams like a lot has changed on RCI in the last few years. We never had to make reservations for shows or dinner (we have My Time Dining, but it seems like just showing up when we get hungry isn't an option anymore).     

So I'd love to hear all about Liberty, sailing out of Galveston (will be a first for us), and anything else we should know! Thanks! 

You do not make reservations on Liberty for shows- show up early to get good seats.  Don't miss the ice show.  

You also do not need to make reservations for MTD although you may have to wait to be seated at certain times. 

I do make reservations as I like having the same waiter all week but don't like eating with strangers.  If I like my waiter the first night, I let the reservation person at the door know that I would like the same table every night.

Liberty is a great ship and you will have a great time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wordell1 said:

You do not make reservations on Liberty for shows- show up early to get good seats.  Don't miss the ice show.  

You also do not need to make reservations for MTD although you may have to wait to be seated at certain times. 

I do make reservations as I like having the same waiter all week but don't like eating with strangers.  If I like my waiter the first night, I let the reservation person at the door know that I would like the same table every night.

Liberty is a great ship and you will have a great time.

Thanks for the info! Do you know if Liberty has the Freestyle Coke machines yet? The threads I could find were almost a year old and the machines weren't on LOTS at that time.

3 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Thanks for the info! Do you know if Liberty has the Freestyle Coke machines yet? The threads I could find were almost a year old and the machines weren't on LOTS at that time.

No Freesyle machines on Liberty. The cruise line has not publicly released a schedule for new Freestyle deployments.

We have sailed this ship 5 times and the Freedom Class is probably our favorite class of ships. Liberty is fantastic! Especially if it has been a while since you have sailed RCCL. Lots of things to do and explore on the ship.

Have a GREAT cruise!

• Like 1

We have done liberty a couple of times , it’s about twice the size of sovereign, we do like the ship , only show that is really crowded is there great ice show but that is repeated several times, do not miss this shows at end of the week are less crowded. There is a play “Saturday night fever” that is worth going to. We normally spend lots of time in pub which normally has a guitar player or schooner bar which is there piano bar. We often cruise same time as you picked .

• Like 1

Great ship, and a LOT bigger than what you sailed on with Sovereign class.  Sounds like you found most of your answers already, but I think you'll appreciate what Liberty has to offer.

We're sailing on Liberty in March 2020, and previously sailed January of 2018.  Crew was great, and we thought the food was a little above average for our RCCL cruises.

Highlights that we like about Freedom class (some specific to Liberty):

• Beautiful large promenade
  • Deck 4 wrap around walking deck.  Great views of the ocean with quiet areas to sit.
  • Helipad area to look at the stars at night and soak in the warm breezes
  • Saturday night fever
  • Great fitness facility with lots of treadmills looking out the front of the ship
  • Ice skating shows and the open skate times
  • Water slides
  • Cantilevered hot tubs in the solarium
  • etc...
  • Like 2

We were on the Liberty last April. Had a Great Time. Thought the food, service, and ports were all above average. Crew was friendly, helpful, and showed pride in their performance. No complaints.

Will admit part of our decision is the ability to drive from Missouri, to Galveston. Much more relaxed than flying.

Did make reservations for MTD each night, at 7:00 pm. Always seated immediately. Without reservations you will have a wait.

We leave again this month on the 27th. Have booked ship for next March, as well. Then we are off to Alaska in July.

Whatever you decide, enjoy.

• Like 1