Change of Crown and Anchor status during BTB

The LA or Concierge can take care of this for you.

We got enough points for D+ on Mariner and did a side by side to Harmony and the Concierge printed out new cards and an updated onboard benefit list for us after boarding since the LA was not available yet.

What you will have to wait the 5-7 days for is the welcome amenities. You have to call C&A to get those updated.

A B2B cruise is 2 separate cruises.  you actually have to disembark and reboard for leg 2.

So you should, in every case be able to have the upgraded status in the second cruise (not the first).

So make sure you visit C&A on your first leg.

8 hours ago, atush said:

A B2B cruise is 2 separate cruises.  you actually have to disembark and reboard for leg 2.

So you should, in every case be able to have the upgraded status in the second cruise (not the first).

So make sure you visit C&A on your first leg.

Not always. Depends on where the TAD port is or if they are going thru a CG inspection.  Many of or B2B cruises we never left the ship. 

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not always. Depends on where the TAD port is or if they are going thru a CG inspection.  Many of or B2B cruises we never left the ship. 

Yes, but it is to still two separate cruises.   I don’t think the OP’s situation will change if they were able to stay on the ship versus having to get off and walk through customs at the terminal. 

We’ve had to disembark the ship on every back to back we’ve taken, (approx 20 sets) but all of our B2B’s have been from a US port- Baltimore, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral and Tampa. Would be great if we could stay on the ship, but we’ve never been that fortunate. 
m

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes, but it is to still two separate cruises. I don’t think the OP’s situation will change if they were able to stay on the ship versus having to get off and walk through customs at the terminal. 

We’ve had to disembark the ship on every back to back we’ve take

n, (approx 20 sets) but all of our B2B’s have been from a US port- Baltimore, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral and Tampa. Would be great if we could stay on the ship, but we’ve never been that fortunate. 
m

I know that and never imply they weren't two different cruises. You just made my point that all B2B cruises are not handled the same.  We've also done B2B cruises out of all those ports (including others) except Baltimore and never left the ship on TAD for the TAD process. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I know that and never imply they weren't two different cruises. You just made my point that all B2B cruises are not handled the same.  We've also done B2B cruises out of all those ports (including others) except Baltimore and never left the ship on TAD for the TAD process. 

Yes-all different-but all good! Sorry for the confusion. 

Always have  to leave the ship even if to walk through customs.  Did four sets of back to back‘s this year from port Canaveral, Enchantment (B3B ) Harmony, Mariner and Harmony again. For all  of those cruises we had to leave the ship. We did two sets of back to back from Tampa last year and also had to get off the ship and walk through customs.   And, more often than not, we have to wait in the terminal and basically board just a couple minutes before general boarding starts. (Heck, we’ve had people run past us so that they could get on the ship before the back to back’s) 

The other ports were likely three or  more years ago so perhaps they have change the process and as you mentioned, have not required passengers to walk to customs.

That would be great.   I’ll hope for that process in the future. 
m

5 minutes ago, frank808 said:

This past year FLL had to leave ship for b2b.  Have always had to leave ship for reboarding at Miami, Port Canaveral, Port Everglades and Baltikore.Baltimore 

One time at Tampa they let us gather in one fo the lounges and the CPB agents came to us.

This past year FLL had to leave ship for b2b.  Have always had to leave ship for reboarding at Miami, Port Canaveral, Port Everglades and Baltimore.  This was within the past 4 years.

And from previous cruisers on Liberty, will probably leave ship next Sunday at Galveston for our second half of our cruise.

Edited by frank808

I have been informed the all the LAs were on a conference call yesterday.  The were told that Royal will update the cruise point database sometime during the next few months so points will update quickly.  They are doing it because of so many BtB status changes.  I will not hold my breath.

2 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I have been informed the all the LAs were on a conference call yesterday.  The were told that Royal will update the cruise point database sometime during the next few months so points will update quickly.  They are doing it because of so many BtB status changes.  I will not hold my breath.

Informed by who?  Yeah by the RC IT dept. that will be updating their C&A database as their website. 🙄 

2 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I'm with you.  Cards and cabin documents are printed long before you board the ship, and before you finish your last cruise. So unless they update cruise points before you finish your cruise, I'm not seeing how the logistics work.