Change of Crown and Anchor status during BTB

Check with the loyalty ambassador on the first leg. You should receive the new status on the second leg. He/she  will have your crown and anchor membership and will be able to verify the new level.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Check with the loyalty ambassador on the first leg. You should receive the new status on the second leg. He/she  will have your crown and anchor membership and will be able to verify the new level.

m

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

That's up to the loyalty ambassador on board.  Typically they do but since points take a week or more to post they won't do it automatically.  

Visit the LA on cruise #1 and explain.  

^^^ These  🙂 

• Like 1

We talked to the LA on first leg but when we went to B2B meeting our new cards were still Diamond.  We went to customer service and it had been changed to D+ and we got new cards.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, twangster said:

That's up to the loyalty ambassador on board.  Typically they do but since points take a week or more to post they won't do it automatically.  

Visit the LA on cruise #1 and explain.  

I don’t see how  posting of the points makes a difference. The loyalty ambassador has the numbers because the passenger was on the first leg, completed the cruise and earned the points. 

More  than once, we were  to receive a crystal block on the second level of back to back. We’ve always been awarded that block even though the first leg points are not posted yet

OP - speak to the loyalty ambassador once you are on board. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I don’t see how  posting of the points makes a difference. The loyalty ambassador has the numbers because the passenger was on the first leg, completed the cruise and earned the points. 

More  than once, we were  to receive a crystal block on the second level of back to back. We’ve always been awarded that block even though the first leg points are not posted yet

OP - speak to the loyalty ambassador once you are on board. 

I think it just depends on the LA on that particular ship, at that particular time.  We were cruising with friends that "turned" Emerald midway through our cruise.  They went to the LA to see if they could get their pin/status changed and the LA did it right then (on Brilliance).  We tried this (on Allure) and were told nope, gotta wait the "up to 10 days" that it takes for points to post to your account.  It did not matter that the LA could see our C&A account and points...not a big deal or anything, we were just excited🤷‍♀️ 

36 minutes ago, WI-Cruiser said:

We’re doing a BTB and, based on current plans, the first leg will make us eligible for Diamond Plus status.  Does anyone know if our new status will be recognized on our second leg?  Thanks.

On our March/April 2017 B2B cruise on the Jewel we had enough cruise points on the third night of the first leg to make diamond plus. So we spoke with the LA at that time and were were recognized with full perks/benefits as diamond plus on our second leg. Never hurts to ask. But I recommend you ask the LA early on the first leg. Gives the LA time to expedite your request. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

My question is why it takes 6 or 7 days to post? I know Royal IT. If you change levels on Princess you will get your new cards on the last day.

No idea!  We got off the ship on a Sunday (this last cruise) and when checking on our reservations for our March 2020 cruise, 5 or 6 days later, I noticed our points still hadn't posted.  They did however, post the next week.

I agree with speaking to the Loyalty Ambassador once you get on board. We did a b2b a few years ago on the Anthem were recognized  half way through the first week. Her name was Luanna Bacchu. She gave us our new block and called down to Guest Services for our new Sea Pass. Absolutely worth giving it a shot and good luck and have a great cruise. 

38 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

My question is why it takes 6 or 7 days to post? I know Royal IT. If you change levels on Princess you will get your new cards on the last day.

Unfortunately, the cruise line does not publicly share the algorithms for their database updates.

• Like 1

You can't change in the middle of a cruise. However, a BTB is two separate cruises so this becomes a possibility but not a given.

Contact the LA asap during the first cruise so they have a heads up and a head start on the issue. It may just happen!

Good luck!

Our first cruise with Royal was a b2b on allure. They often won’t recognize your loyalty change within a cruise, but someone above is absolutely right the b2b is two different cruises. When we embarked for the second cruise, we went to the loyalty ambassador and she was able to update our status manually. She then affixed a sticker to our cards with the new status. 

7 hours ago, twangster said:

24 days after we got off the Mariner when we boarded Anthem the points from Mariner had not been posted, but the LA took care of it immediately and we got new passes with our increased status.

11 hours ago, mugtech said:

24 days after we got off the Mariner when we boarded Anthem the points from Mariner had not been posted, but the LA took care of it immediately and we got new passes with our increased status.

i would have definitely been on the phone with C&A long before I boarded.

1 hour ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

i would have definitely been on the phone with C&A long before I boarded.

Except after we got off Mariner in Barcelona we spent two days there before getting on Carnaval Horizon for a 14 day TA, nice new ship.  When we got home we had all kinds of mail, income taxes etc to get caught up on since we had not been home since the previous October.  Advancing from one basically useless status to another on C&A (Wahoo, platinum!) could wait, was way down the list.  Took 10 minutes on board.

2 hours ago, mugtech said:

Except after we got off Mariner in Barcelona we spent two days there before getting on Carnaval Horizon for a 14 day TA, nice new ship.  When we got home we had all kinds of mail, income taxes etc to get caught up on since we had not been home since the previous October.  Advancing from one basically useless status to another on C&A (Wahoo, platinum!) could wait, was way down the list.  Took 10 minutes on board.

I get you as I've been there.

We are on B2B on Enchantment now and yesterday went to the LA desk to ask about having our C&A changed.  After the first night of the first leg we were Diamond.  It took less than 10 minutes and we left with our new cards.  I imagine this would vary from ship to ship, like everything else.  

Edited by lifes-a-beach

10 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

We are on B2B on Enchantment now and yesterday went to the LA desk to ask about having our C&A changed.  After the first night of the first leg we were Diamond.  It took less than 10 minutes and we left with our new cards.  I imagine this would vary from ship to ship, like everything else.  

Was is your status changed during  the first cruise when you turned diamond or on the second leg?   It would be very unusual for a status change mid cruise to be in effect, except maybe for pinnacle

In any case, enjoy your diamond status. 
m

We had enough points after the first night of the first leg.  We were on Enchantment in September and made inquiries as to how we might get upgraded for the second leg.  The LA on that trip (a different guy than this trip) told us to just ask and they would get it done.  So we did thinking it might only apply to the second leg but he made it happen effective right then.  TBH, I think the whole thing is overrated except the coffee is amazing.