Favorite RCI desserts?

chrismch

On 10/20/2019 at 5:05 AM, YlangYlangF9PB3E said:

Bread pudding! Usually served once per cruise in Windjammer at lunch. Can’t remember the last time it was on the menu in MDR at dinner.

This was in the WJ every day on Vision in 2017.  I ate it twice a day.

For sure everything that's been mentioned so far: Coconut ranger cookies, Key Lime Pie (I'll be disappointed if it sucks now), and Apple Pie!!

Add to that I also like the pineapple sherbet, baked alaska, and kids sundae... 

2 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

I had Japonese several years ago from the buffet I've been looking for it every since. Anyone body seen it lately?

If you mean sushi, that usually disappears from the buffet once a ship has the Izumi specialty restaurant.

5 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

Chops used to have a mud pie that was fantastic. Now Wonderland has the Globe which is very good.

That was my favorite RCCL dessert, of course it is no longer available because rumor has it, it cost RCCL too much from the vendor.  Key lime is ok but I thought it always tasted pre made ashore.  Ranger and chocolate chip cookies are good.  In DR I usually order ice cream; I don’t think any of the desserts are that great. It seems the best desserts are in the WJ.

11 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Agree..it's like a casserole version of french toast, which is also different everywhere you get it.  Sometimes it's dry and sometime it is wet and eggy.

French toast casserole is a great way to describe bread pudding!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, snowbird1 said:

That was my favorite RCCL dessert, of course it is no longer available because rumor has it, it cost RCCL too much from the vendor.  Key lime is ok but I thought it always tasted pre made ashore.  Ranger and chocolate chip cookies are good.  In DR I usually order ice cream; I don’t think any of the desserts are that great. It seems the best desserts are in the WJ.

We usually eat in Coastal Kitchen or DR then head to the WJ for desert. The best cookies where at Coco Cay.

After living in Florida for several years, I found the key lime pie onboard to be lacking, way too sweet.  Probably one of our favorites we've seen pop up over the last couple years is made to order crepes in the windjammer.  It's not served every night, but had a good variety of topping options.  We also enjoyed the Mud Pie in Chops, and had a surprisingly good Tiramisu in Giovanni's back in February.

17 hours ago, shofer said:

This was in the WJ every day on Vision in 2017.  I ate it twice a day.

I was at a hotel recently that had bread pudding on the breakfast buffet.

Worked for me.

😄

1 hour ago, TinkBellaMom said:

On our last cruise on the Indy, they served a warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream.  It was so good my husband couldn't resist ordering another one.  The Apple pie is also a favorite of ours.

I was just about to mention this dessert.  It was more  like a soft chocolate brownie with a hard top crust, served in a white square bowl, vanilla ice cream on the side.  The warmth of the brownie and the coolness of the ice cream when put together made my husband CRY, it was so good.  Can't wait to see if it is on Oasis in August of next year.

• Like 1