Code red, booking 'closed'

sbtagent

Our sailing with Freedom Feb 07- 2021, does no longer appear in the list of sailings, RCCL says the sailing is marked Code Red, and the travel agent, who has not received any info from RCCL, says, in the booking system, this date is 'closed'. A cruise this far away, can not be sold out, I wonder what has happened to this sailing. And it is impossible to change to the other RCCL ships/Celebrity ships, as they depart Feb 06.

Code red typically turns out to be a charter, even though RCI will probably deny it if you call.  They usually say it's being "repriced" or something.  Be patient and wait for them to contact you with their offer to make up for it.   We tried to book Radiance a year or so ago when onboard another cruise and was told it was "closed".  I immediately knew it had to be chartered and we booked something else.  A couple of weeks later, it was announced that it was chartered.

3 minutes ago, sbtagent said:

What is a typical offer if you are "offered" to cruise on another ship or another date ?

Usually some OBC, price protection on a very small number of similar cruises, and airline change fees.

Price protection means that you get the same price on an identical stateroom category on selected sailings. 

Full refund is usually another option.

1 minute ago, sbtagent said:

What is a typical offer if you are "offered" to cruise on another ship or another date ?

On a 7 day cruise it would be $200 OBC for balcony or below and $400 for JS or above.  You get the OBC whether or not you take one of their price protected sailings.   They usually offer 4-5 price protected similar sailings.  Air change fees if you sailing is within a year.

22 hours ago, fredflint said:

you can always try and find out who has booked it, you might be able to take the cruise for a lower price and just have a bunch of accountants brushing up on tax law.  Or a large group of square dancers.

Or a bunch of naked people. 😄

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2019 at 10:49 PM, fredflint said:

Then there will be  very little luggage to have to load and put out in the hallways 🙂

Oh, I wish that were the case.  We take more luggage on a nude cruise than on a textile one - there are theme nights and costume contests and so much more!  :)

30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Do a google search for nude cruises.😵  More than I thought and not just Carnival.  

Thanks Dave, but I think I'll pass on that search, it would impact Google ad's for like a month.  I'm happy to take your word for it.  I have always known you to be very honest.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Domino D said:

Thanks Dave, but I think I'll pass on that search, it would impact Google ad's for like a month.  I'm happy to take your word for it.  I have always known you to be very honest.

Anonymous browsing.

With a Chrome window open, hit CTRL-SHIFT-N at the same time.   This opens a new window, that is dark colored, with a little spy looking guy in the top left corner.  Things done in that window are not tied to you, no cookies or history saved.

I have now received info this cruise feb 07 in 2021 is cancelled. They do not tell why.

The offer is to cancel FREE OF CHARGE, fantastic, they cancel and the offer is to cancel free of charge.

The second offer is to take another cruise, the week before,  Jan 31, and that is fantastic too, since we already are onboard on that cruise, as we have booked B2B2B.

The next offer is to take a later cruise in march, not very practical since Freedom leaves from San Juan, and we live in Norway, and already have 2 weeks on board. We would not come back to San Juan some weeks later.

If we move to one of the offered weeks, we would receive $200 OBC for balcony, and $ 400 OBC for suite. We already have $ 300 OBC for a JS guarantee.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Anonymous browsing.

With a Chrome window open, hit CTRL-SHIFT-N at the same time.   This opens a new window, that is dark colored, with a little spy looking guy in the top left corner.  Things done in that window are not tied to you, no cookies or history saved.

Sound advice SRF.  This is indeed how to avoid it, or a good pop up blocker.  

Please take this in the humor with which it is offered:  Yes, but people at Google and the NSA would still know, and one of my neighbors work's for Google.  I swear that he looks at me at block parties.

• Haha 1