Just returned from Insignia 10.12.19

bradpole

2 minutes ago, bradpole said:

had she done that I would have been a little annoyed since they were still a bit damp, but the floor is ticked me off the most!  

well if you were there ontime  she had NO right to remove them ..PERIOD

I probably would have been put off the ship if someone put my things on the floor 😉

3 hours ago, bradpole said:

Funny you asked about the laundry room!  That was going to be my next chapter.  We did a few loads during the week, generally we never had an issue finding an available machine.  We spent very little time off the ship and tended to do laundry while most people were ashore.  Sadly the laundry room is where we did experience a little "drama" and I'll get into that next.  

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of your bad experience. DH usually does our laundry and he always sets his watch timer to get back before the end of the washer and dryer. It seems to work; the only issue we have ever had was a woman used 2 or 3 washers to do her laundry, then all the dryers. It was a tad self-centered but I guess there isn't a rule against it.

Thanks again, very helpful.

Edited by NoWhiners
correction

5 hours ago, bradpole said:

had she done that I would have been a little annoyed since they were still a bit damp, but the floor is ticked me off the most!  

I don’t blame you for being ticked off while I also admire your restraint.

I have been on a luxury cruise line where 2 couple were disembarked because of fisticuffs in the laundry room.😀

• Haha 1

Thank you for the cabin pics, as we will be in the opposite cabin, 7071 in two weeks.

A question about food...  Has Oceania gone the way of other lines in trying to be trendy with healthy options.  Specifically, multigrain breads and pastas?  My sister has a rare allergy to buckwheat which has caused her to come to grief on Princess, Celebrity, and MSC.  It's usually found in Kashi and in sobe noodles.  I wonder if we can talk to the pastry chef/baker to see if those things are used?  EM

56 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Thank you for the cabin pics, as we will be in the opposite cabin, 7071 in two weeks.

A question about food...  Has Oceania gone the way of other lines in trying to be trendy with healthy options.  Specifically, multigrain breads and pastas?  My sister has a rare allergy to buckwheat which has caused her to come to grief on Princess, Celebrity, and MSC.  It's usually found in Kashi and in sobe noodles.  I wonder if we can talk to the pastry chef/baker to see if those things are used?  EM

I would have it noted on her file  that is has a sensitivity to those foods  & check with the CHEF in the Terrace if you eat there

I have not seen it in pastas but you  never know

Thank you.  Problem is, there was no place in the Oceania profile to list such things.  No place to say we are both diabetic.  There was not even a way to add our middle names.  I did a chat online with O and he added our middle names.  However, even though I specifically noted the different spelling of my sister's middle name, they still spelled it the traditional way.  Sigh.  EM

15 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Thank you.  Problem is, there was no place in the Oceania profile to list such things.  No place to say we are both diabetic.  There was not even a way to add our middle names.  I did a chat online with O and he added our middle names.  However, even though I specifically noted the different spelling of my sister's middle name, they still spelled it the traditional way.  Sigh.  EM

Call & ask for the special services dept   or if you used a TA get them to do it

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005474013-What-special-diets-are-available-on-the-ships-

• Thanks 1

Yep, a couple got into a brawl in the laundry room and were kicked off the ship on one of our O cruises in Asia...pretty amazing behavior. 

We avoid the laundry room. Not worth it. We hand wash our lightweight stuff and send the other clothes out to the laundry. O's laundry service is very good and reasonably priced. I don't want to wash and iron when on holiday.

Most interesting, Bradpole!  I also will leave my laundry to do its work and make sure to return soon before a load is done.  I've never had a problem.  But yours isn't the only unbelievable story I've heard here.  There were the two "dragon ladies" on board a couple of years ago, I think, who appointed themselves room monitors as well.  I wasn't on this particular cruise but I believe it was an "R" ship also.  Anyway, they decided that if you left the laundry room while your machines were doing their job, they wouldn't let you remove your load.  Not sure what they thought they were accomplishing, other than making it impossible for anyone else to use said machine.

Dumping a dryer load that wasn't even dry on the FLOOR??????????  How nice.

Courtesy does go a long way ...

Mura

4 hours ago, Mura said:

Most interesting, Bradpole!  I also will leave my laundry to do its work and make sure to return soon before a load is done.  I've never had a problem.  But yours isn't the only unbelievable story I've heard here.  There were the two "dragon ladies" on board a couple of years ago, I think, who appointed themselves room monitors as well.  I wasn't on this particular cruise but I believe it was an "R" ship also.  Anyway, they decided that if you left the laundry room while your machines were doing their job, they wouldn't let you remove your load.  Not sure what they thought they were accomplishing, other than making it impossible for anyone else to use said machine.

Dumping a dryer load that wasn't even dry on the FLOOR??????????  How nice.

Courtesy does go a long way ...

Mura

Did someone call security or the front desk and request some assistance? If this happened to me, I would first try to get some official help and if that didn't happen, I would have taken the 2 hags on 😁!

Good thing DH does the laundry--he's much calmer and more patient.

1 minute ago, Mura said:

I wasn't there so I don't know if anyone did.  I would assume so but ... It would seem likely that someone did since this happened to several people as far as I recall.

Wow, that is such incredibly bad behavior, hard to believe there are people that would do this, repeatedly.

This is a good recommendation and one I will keep in mind! We once had a really bad room steward. Like I walked in the first day and was like, "This room is dirty. It feels dirty and smells not right." That cruise I proceeded to get strep throat (never had it IN MY LIFE) and we got bed bugs in the room. That entire floor was ill. It wasn't a good thing and to this day I feel it was the staff wasn't keeping the rooms and halls etc clean. The people aboard also weren't that clean (I watched some guy blow a snot rocket on the hallway floor and was like ***** dude?!). To this day I am appalled that this was an O cruise. But It's good to know I should have complained to someone besides my room steward who didn't seem to care! 

On 10/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, Toranut97 said:

the chicken/tuna/egg salad involve mayonnaise or aioli, and are generally not something you want sitting out without proper cooling which is my guess as to why it isn’t at Waves. And why the salad bar is limited,too.  Maybe Waves is just a bit too outdoorsy for these dishes.

I've been on some food sites for a few years and was happy to find this out:

"

Commercially made mayonnaise has an undeserved bad reputation as a cause of food spoilage and, in turn, food poisoning. Certain ingredients in commercially made mayo, though, may actually help keep the sandwich spread fresh. It is homemade mayonnaise you need to worry about.Aug 10, 2019

Mayonnaise Spoilage Myths and Safety: Does Mayo Go Bad?

https://www.thespruceeats.com › mayonnaise-spoilage-myths-and-safety-180...

5 hours ago, csolyn said:

This is a good recommendation and one I will keep in mind! We once had a really bad room steward. Like I walked in the first day and was like, "This room is dirty. It feels dirty and smells not right." That cruise I proceeded to get strep throat (never had it IN MY LIFE) and we got bed bugs in the room. That entire floor was ill. It wasn't a good thing and to this day I feel it was the staff wasn't keeping the rooms and halls etc clean. The people aboard also weren't that clean (I watched some guy blow a snot rocket on the hallway floor and was like ***** dude?!). To this day I am appalled that this was an O cruise. But It's good to know I should have complained to someone besides my room steward who didn't seem to care! 

This is disgusting. How long ago and what ship were you on?

On 11/2/2019 at 6:23 PM, NoWhiners said:

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of your bad experience. DH usually does our laundry and he always sets his watch timer to get back before the end of the washer and dryer. It seems to work; the only issue we have ever had was a woman used 2 or 3 washers to do her laundry, then all the dryers. It was a tad self-centered but I guess there isn't a rule against it.

Thanks again, very helpful.

Same thing happened to us.  Guess people think I got here first.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:27 AM, Essiesmom said:

Ask TA to note, then we boarding speak to Rest. Mgr and Terrace Cafe executive chef, may take a bit of asking but after a few days you should be able to learn what you can eat. 

32 minutes ago, kibutzer said:

Ask TA to note, then we boarding speak to Rest. Mgr and Terrace Cafe executive chef, may take a bit of asking but after a few days you should be able to learn what you can eat. 

I called O and got our needs listed, and a confirmation later from our TA.  I now also have the email for special services.  Plus number.  EM

On 11/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, Essiesmom said:

I called O and got our needs listed, and a confirmation later from our TA.  I now also have the email for special services.  Plus number.  EM

It’s a shame you don’t have a TA you have confidence in to have taken care of this matter for you. Glad I don’t have that issue! I’d recommend finding a new TA you have confidence in to take care of these matters for you. They are there for more than perks!