Questions on Internet package

I have never purchased any internet package before, but need to get one on my upcoming cruise on Harmony.  In the cruise planner, it shows 'Voom Surf Voyage Package - 2 Devices' for $27.92 adult per day.  Does that mean every device is $27.92 and total will be $55.84 per day?    Me and my sister are in  two different staterooms, can we use the 2 devices package?  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

No, that's the total price for both devices.

You can share with whoever you want.

3 minutes ago, rhuntington3 said:

Yes, you both can use the same package.  It is limited to any two devices at any given time.

Thank you kindly.  And is it better to purchase it online or wait until going onboard?  Are the price the same?

1 minute ago, squaremimi said:

Thank you kindly.  And is it better to purchase it online or wait until going onboard?  Are the price the same?

Prices are not usually the same, and the pre-cruise price has virtually always better.

You can also check on your Roll Call to see if anyone else wants to share an internet plan.

I get a four-device plan and share with three other people (I pay for the plan, they pay me cash / PayPal / Venmo), and I can often get internet for about $7-$8 per person per day that way. 

52 minutes ago, brillohead said:

You can also check on your Roll Call to see if anyone else wants to share an internet plan.

I get a four-device plan and share with three other people (I pay for the plan, they pay me cash / PayPal / Venmo), and I can often get internet for about $7-$8 per person per day that way. 

That's a great idea, thanks!  $7 - $8 per person is really a good deal.

Sorry to change subjects a bit but (FYI) just off Adventure and they don't give a code to you any longer for the internet package...You have to create/use a username & password...said they had problems with people hacking the codes and all RCI ships will soon use this method for logging in. This was new to me.

4 hours ago, squaremimi said:

That's a great idea, thanks!  $7 - $8 per person is really a good deal.

I've been doing it for the past year, and it really works out well.

Just make sure everyone knows that if they want to switch to another device, they have to physically log off from the network not just turn off the wifi.  (I just go to logoff.com in a browser and it takes care of it for me.)

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Sorry to change subjects a bit but (FYI) just off Adventure and they don't give a code to you any longer for the internet package...You have to create/use a username & password...said they had problems with people hacking the codes and all RCI ships will soon use this method for logging in. This was new to me.

It was this way on Majesty and Mariner in August and September, too.

Since I was sharing a multi-package with others from my CC roll call, I made both the username and the password something that would be simple for everyone to remember -- worked like a charm!

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

We never used our D+ free internet until our last cruise on Explorer 10-5.

Our loyalty advisor set up both of our phones and she put in a user name and password for each of our Android phones to access the ship free WIFI.

Edited by grapau27

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We never used our D+ free internet until our last cruise on Explorer 10-5.

Our loyalty advisor set up both of our phones and she put in a user name and password for each of our Android phones to access the ship free WIFI.

Username and password is the way any internet purchase done onboard works, including the free D, D+ days.  I believe the codes are/were only provided for pre-purchased internet. It is very simple to do right from your device should you decide to do it yourself next time. 

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

How far out is your cruise?  27.92 seems high for just the surf two device package.  If you do purchase at that, keep checking.  You can always cancel and rebook it if the price goes down.

It is a 7 nights Caribbean cruise.  I still haven't purchased it yet, but will do it soon if the price will be better booking online.

9 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Username and password is the way any internet purchase done onboard works, including the free D, D+ days.  I believe the codes are/were only provided for pre-purchased internet. It is very simple to do right from your device should you decide to do it yourself next time. 

Yes thanks it looked fairly easy but the LA kindly did it for us On our mobile phones with random code and password.

We have paid for internet on ships computers in the past and put our own personal home computers code and password in to operate.

Edited by grapau27

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

It was this way on Majesty and Mariner in August and September, too.

Since I was sharing a multi-package with others from my CC roll call, I made both the username and the password something that would be simple for everyone to remember -- worked like a charm!

So, are you saying that everyone is using the same username and password?  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, squaremimi said:

So, are you saying that everyone is using the same username and password?  Thanks!

When you have a multi-device package, all devices use the same credentials.