Exclusine Onboard booking offers for 2021 and 2022 sailings

Mynki

Just a quick heads uo for those passengers who like to book onboard. We have received a flyer with details of booking onboard today. 

For a non refundable $100 pp deposit (Excludes Celebrity suites and higher which require a "premium deposit") you can agree to book sailings that are yet to be announced for the 2021 and 2022 season. You have three ways to book, Sail (no perks), Sail Plus (two perks of your choice) and Sail ann Included (CDP, Internet, Grats, $300 OBC). 

The flyer states "This offer is only available until Deployment opens for sale for the 2021/2022 destination." I believe VTCruising posted the opening dates for the various areas a few days ago. 

The incentive to agree to pre book an itinerary yet to be announced (which will not appeal to everyone I know....) is the addition of extra OBC. This varies from $50 for short inside cabin itineraries to $500 for the longest Celebrity suite and above categories. 

In essence they're close to releasing their 2021 and 2022 sailings and are trying to secure agreed bookings by way of OBC deals knowing that people will now be thinking about these dates. I've just never seen them doing this before hence the heads up post. It might be of interest for those onboard for the next few weeks who like to book as soon as the itineraries are released. 

You can book up to three rooms in total for families and friends taking advantage of this offer. 

Edited by Mynki

If the only benefit is the on-board-booking bonus OBC, it's probably just a standard future cruise certificate. I prefer to merely book a placeholder cruise and subsequently transfer the reservation to my cruise of actual interest when the new itineraries and prices are announced.

I did this on the Summit during the recent NE / Canada sailing.The flyer referred to receiving $300 OBC in addition to whatever the usual OBC is, so see what happens. The 2021-22 sailings are supposed to be done and posted by end of November. As you already know, booking has to be done by your TA and by the end of December. We've been thinking of a May Bermuda trip at some point anyway, so figured this deal might work for that. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

10 hours ago, Mynki said:

I believe VTCruising posted the opening dates for the various areas a few days ago. 

It seems I have missed the posting and can't find it. Would someone please be kind and point me to that thread? Thanks!

EDIT: found it, i only viewed VTcruising's last 10 days activity (too active 😉 ) - in case someone is also looking for it:

Edited by UniPac
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Someone posted the actual flyer on another thread, which of course I  cannot locate  at the moment.

To me the  3 categories sound  much like the former big better, best,  program, with no initial  extra mention of an upcharge for selecting the Classic alc perk.

Could someone post that?  I'll keep looking!

8 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

We just booked a few days ago when we were onboard the Infinity for the TA. We booked for a future 2021 cruise and it is a refundable deposit.

To confirm, your booked itinerary has not been released yet?

10 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

We just booked a few days ago when we were onboard the Infinity for the TA. We booked for a future 2021 cruise and it is a refundable deposit.

That's what we want.. and fully refundable.  What plan did you select?

Any idea if Alc Classic was an upcharge if chosen over other perks if we pick a 2 perk plan?

How do they know pricing on a "ghost" booking???

I think I found my answer on the related Deployment Schedule Thread..

From what I gather, You get the obc and lower dep but  pricing and perks can change..must book by dec 31st..

A bit confusing but we,,ll check it out.

4 hours ago, villauk said:

To confirm, your booked itinerary has not been released yet?

The itineraries have not yet been released. You're essentially agreeing to book one of the new itineraries which you will have transferred to your TA by the end of the year in exchange for additional OBC. Does that make sense? 

I expect you're thinking...

Will there be any itineraries I want to do? Will I be happy with the pricing? :) 

Edited by Mynki

3 hours ago, hcat said:

That's what we want.. and fully refundable.  What plan did you select?

Any idea if Alc Classic was an upcharge if chosen over other perks if we pick a 2 perk plan?

How do they know pricing on a "ghost" booking???

We just had them book anything . We were looking for a 10-13 day in Europe. It’s just a placeholder. Once the itineraries come out we will switch it to what we want with the perks. If we decide to cancel in the future we will get our deposit back, but it can be moved as much as we want so to keep that extra OBC that we got from booking on board we will probably never cancel it 

25 minutes ago, Mynki said:

The itineraries have not yet been released. You're essentially agreeing to book one of the new itineraries which you will have transferred to your TA by the end of the year in exchange for additional OBC. Does that make sense? 

I expect you're thinking...

Will there be any itineraries I want to do? Will I be happy with the pricing? 🙂

Exactly, but I was asking as the poster below doesn’t appear to have booked on the offer you initially posted, with the additional OBC to that of normally booking onboard (they obviously misunderstood). It appears they have booked as per normal and obtained the refundable deposit with the usual OBC incentive, basically using a placeholder as most of us do anyway 😉.

16 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

We just had them book anything . We were looking for a 10-13 day in Europe. It’s just a placeholder. Once the itineraries come out we will switch it to what we want with the perks. If we decide to cancel in the future we will get our deposit back, but it can be moved as much as we want so to keep that extra OBC that we got from booking on board we will probably never cancel it 

I wasn't going to do anything with it - figuring it to be just sort of a 'hook', and that likely the same sort deal could be gotten by just booking online, but then after I talked to them he did say it includes more OBC than could be gotten by a typical booking done online. Who knows..see how it plays out.