Donut bar on the Anthem?

tomservo

Does the Anthem still do a donut bar in the Windjammer on some nights? Do they announce it? I didn’t see it mentioned in the cruise compass. For anyone that’s experienced it, how were the donuts? Were they any good?

I originally saw it mentioned in the review below. 

26 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I found the donuts to be dry as dust. They were more like day old donuts. The best donuts and pastry were at breakfast in the MDR. I also enjoyed the strawberry scones at cafe 270. That was my 4:00 go to with a frozen blended coffee.

These are the ones that you watch them make fresh, right in front of your eyes.

19 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I found the donuts to be dry as dust. They were more like day old donuts. The best donuts and pastry were at breakfast in the MDR. I also enjoyed the strawberry scones at cafe 270. That was my 4:00 go to with a frozen blended coffee.

They now have the scones with different toppings you can add at 3 - 4 PM in the WJ.

• Like 1

Just now, ldubs said:

Yes!  Always liked the scones but don't recall having toppings.  

There is a small station that they set up in the WJ at 3 pm.  (the WJ used to close at 3).

There are small sandwiches, fruit, cookies, and scones with whipped cream, strawberries, chocolate sometimes other berries to add.  I have also seen cherries jubilee and ice cream, but that was rare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Last time I had the fresh doughnuts, they were very nice.  It has been a while, and I have NO IDEA if they even still do this.  So don't blame me if you go to the WJ and can't find them.  😃

I remember donuts in the morning on the Boardwalk on Allure (maybe Oasis).  They were good.  I think one night they had warm mini cinnamon sugar donuts as a dessert, but I don't remember if it was MD or somewhere else.