Parking in Fort Lauderdale

duke052

We do this and have saved money vs the port and had great service getting to and from the car to the ship. The bus is clean, frequent and has plenty of room. Picks you up and drops you off with your luggage at the trunk of your car. 

https://www.pnf.com/airport-parking/peg-fort-lauderdale-cruise-airport-parking/park-n-fly-ft-lauderdale-cruise

I have a very specific question regarding using Park & Go at the Ft Lauderdale port. We have back-to-back 7-day cruises on two different cruise lines (Celebrity and Princess) The question is the following: Does anyone know (or have the done this) if the shuttle will take us to the other port (Celebrity is, I think, at port 19 and Princess is, I think, at port 2) between the cruises. This will allow our car to remain in the same lot for the 14 days instead of switching from one garage to another between cruises.

Any input anyone can provide about this would be appreciated.

Frank

If you taking the Celebrity shuttle I wouldn't think they would take you to Princess. I cab would. The terminals are close to each other.  It might be easier to move you car . Save on cab ride on the return . ( 5 to 10 min ride )

• Like 1

If sailing on Princess, which I have heard uses pier 1 or 2, is parking at Park and Go a disadvantage as it is at the south end of the port area and Princess is at the north? On my drive to the port, I see Hwy 84 is more direct to pier 1/2 area. I'd hate to get hung up in the horrible port traffic if I can avoid it.  Thoughts? 

4 hours ago, Cancun01 said:

Does anyone know if you can book parking ahead of time at the Mid-port garage?

There is no advance booking or payment for parking at Port Everglades.  Payment is made when leaving the garage/parking lot.  See the official website for more information on parking:  www.porteverglades.net

40 minutes ago, Bellfree Bat said:

This will be our first time driving to the port and wondering if you drop your bags off with the porters before parking your car...Seems like a silly question to ask after 20-something cruises!

If you are using port parking garages, then yes, you can drop your bags with the porters. 

If you are using Park n Go or other parking, you take your bags onto the shuttle which will take you to the terminal building where you will find the porters and will also checkin for your sailing.

Brightline question. We are doing a Port Everglades cruise followed by a Miami cruise. Can we park at Brightline garage in Fort Lauderdale, make our way to Port Everglades, then after that cruise take shuttle to brightline, then train to Miami and leave our car at the brightline garage?

I guess the question is can I park at Brightline garage in Fort Lauderdale if I'm not using the Brightline service?

Thanks,

Tony

27 minutes ago, disneykins said:

Brightline question. We are doing a Port Everglades cruise followed by a Miami cruise. Can we park at Brightline garage in Fort Lauderdale, make our way to Port Everglades, then after that cruise take shuttle to brightline, then train to Miami and leave our car at the brightline garage?

I guess the question is can I park at Brightline garage in Fort Lauderdale if I'm not using the Brightline service?

Thanks,

Tony

That sounds like a complicated question for the vendor.  There is some parking info in the FAQ section of their website if you haven't seen it already:  https://www.gobrightline.com/F-A-Q

I prefer the port parking over the offsite places.  Sure, the offsites save money but they take a bit longer.  It sounds good that they drop you and your luggage at your car but remember you'll be sitting on the shuttle as they do that for other passengers.  We have a long drive home and we don't want any delays leaving the port.  And, you maybe visiting other terminals to pick up / drop off passengers.

I've done both Mid-port garage and Park n' Go.  Will take Park n' Go any day of the week over parking at the port.  You drop off your car at the entrance and the shuttle is right there.  Very little, if any, wait to go to the port.  The shuttle driver handles your luggage, and drops you right at the port.

Upon disembarkation, the shuttle is waiting for you and again, little to no wait to take you back to your car.  Your car is ready and waiting for you.  Quick check-out with a bottle of water, a peek at the monkeys on site, and your are on your way home! 

On 11/15/2019 at 8:08 AM, kbarnum said:

We do this and have saved money vs the port and had great service getting to and from the car to the ship. The bus is clean, frequent and has plenty of room. Picks you up and drops you off with your luggage at the trunk of your car. 

https://www.pnf.com/airport-parking/peg-fort-lauderdale-cruise-airport-parking/park-n-fly-ft-lauderdale-cruise

I have used park n fly as well....really easy - they get my vote.

We always park at the port garage.  Sure it is more expensive, but we know our car is secure and the ease is worth it to us.  The luggage guys always take our bags to the car and load it for us too.  I'm a compulsive overpacker so the extra help is great for us.  Enjoy your cruise.