Coco Cay: Waves too big to deboard?

4 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Really looking forward to Coco Cay, just off Majesty and we didn’t make it there either due to high winds. Ended up in Nassau around 2:00, stayed overnight until 4:30 the next day. Heard there was a long line at Guest Services with people demanding compensation. Captain made several announcements, his last one was very stern, he sounded pissed. Hard to believe that people are so ridiculous to think they can get in line and ***** and complain at the crew when it’s about safety.

I guess they will have to refund those $1600 cabana rentals

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Woman next to me at pool said it was a conspiracy theory because Nassau needs the passengers spending $ at port, that’s why we didn’t go to Coco Cay. I just got up and walked away.

I have no words....🙄🙄

This happened to us at Labadee on the Harmony once,  but they even docked and then bolted after some of the dock lines snapped.   It's a nor'easter setting up off South Carolina and bringing a bunch of storm surge flooding to the outer Banks.   The only ship that seems to be blocked by it right now is the Carnival Pride trying to head back to Baltimore.

Interesting, just read the letter we received for missing Coco Cay and it stated that we will receive one day credit based on what we paid for our cruise which can be applied towards a future cruise.  Unexpected surprise, thanks RCL!

47 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

Interesting, just read the letter we received for missing Coco Cay and it stated that we will receive one day credit based on what we paid for our cruise which can be applied towards a future cruise.  Unexpected surprise, thanks RCL!

Are you on Allure now ? We are too but haven’t heard or seen any letter regarding missing CoCo Cay. 

Letter in stateroom tonight.  One day future cruise credit for missing Coco Cay on Allure today. We're happy and surprised about this.

But if this is going to be a common occurrence I wonder how long they'll keep handing out credits. 

13 hours ago, Tapi said:

I fully agree with you. Sometimes you think the storm is coming, you get ready for it, and then at the last minute it takes a turn. 

I was in Barbados for work a few years ago.  A hurricane was coming.  So they shut down the island for the day.

Morning came, some moderate wind and rain, and by noon, it was great weather.

I enjoyed the afternoon at the beach and the "free" day off. 😄

9 hours ago, Bobal said:

But if this is going to be a common occurrence I wonder how long they'll keep handing out credits. 

I doubt that missing Coco Cay will be as common as when there was no pier.  They made it about 80% of the time when tendering.

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I doubt that missing Coco Cay will be as common as when there was no pier.  They made it about 80% of the time when tendering.

It was to be our first time there but I'm aware it used to get missed a lot

Did they always give a cruise credit in those cases?

We've only ever missed ports on 3 other occasions - most recently Mykonos on jewel in sept - but didn't get a credit before