Pizza Pirate

MrBigBoy17

I’ve been on 4 cruises and headed on my 5th this year - the week of Christmas on the Carnival Conquest. I usually go to the Pizza Pirate after drinking and /or gambling (of course) my question is and I never thought to ask while on board, can they make a thick crust pizza? Stack two of the doughs on top of each other? I mean dang those are slim pizzas! Thxs!

2 hours ago, MrBigBoy17 said:

I’ve been on 4 cruises and headed on my 5th this year - the week of Christmas on the Carnival Conquest. I usually go to the Pizza Pirate after drinking and /or gambling (of course) my question is and I never thought to ask while on board, can they make a thick crust pizza? Stack two of the doughs on top of each other? I mean dang those are slim pizzas! Thxs!

Never thought of doing that. You could ask. I see no reason why they would not do it. 

2 hours ago, MrBigBoy17 said:

Doubt they will do that, employees are trained to follow rules, but you can ask.  On a lighter note, pizza is supposed to be thin crust.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Doubt they will do that, employees are trained to follow rules, but you can ask.  On a lighter note, pizza is supposed to be thin crust.

Rules are meant to be broken! Lol

1 hour ago, skrufy said:

Never thought of doing that. You could ask. I see no reason why they would not do it. 

Imma try!

26 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The only way it should be made

Thick crust no thin!!

19 minutes ago, coevan said:

because 2 thin crust = 2 thin crust, a deep dish pizza is a different animal.

Gotta be better then 1/8” crust!

Edited by MrBigBoy17
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBigBoy17 said:

Rules are meant to be broken! Lol

Imma try!

Thick crust no thin!!

Gotta be better then 1/8” crust!

LOL, go for it, you must be from the Midwest (where they are confused about pizza).  Let us know how it works out.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The only way it should be made

Gee Jim, it would be a very dull world if we all liked the same things. It was only 4 years ago that Carnival switched to a thinner style of crust. The other style was the same thickness as the typical frozen pizzas like Tombstone in supermarkets. You sound like the guy on here who said only crunchy cookies were permitted and never soft cookies.

To each their own. Carnival's pizza is good but I like the pizza on Princess just a little more because it is not quite as thin as Carnival's new style and not as thick as Carnival's old style, thicker crust. As our grand kids would say: it's like in The Three Bears, it's just right. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Gee Jim, it would be a very dull world if we all liked the same things. It was only 4 years ago that Carnival switched to a thinner style of crust. The other style was the same thickness as the typical frozen pizzas like Tombstone in supermarkets. You sound like the guy on here who said only crunchy cookies were permitted and never soft cookies.

To each their own. Carnival's pizza is good but I like the pizza on Princess just a little more because it is not quite as thin as Carnival's new style and not as thick as Carnival's old style, thicker crust. As our grand kids would say: it's like in The Three Bears, it's just right. 

No argument, but everyone knows New Haven is the Pizza capital of the world, which uses thin crust. 😁Part of the reason Carnival switched (one part was thin was easier, I admit) was that Italy also has thin crust, and the obvious tie the the Italian restaurant.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

That said, options are a good thing.  I do really doubt they would double up if asked.  Now I will have it stuck in my mind that the 3 bears was cookies or even pizza not porridge..  

Edited by jimbo5544

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Op, it has been reported that if you order pizza for delivery (there is a charge), that the pizza is significantly thicker.  I have not experienced this, but others here have.

This is true, we saw one on our last cruise and it did appear noticeably thicker. Good suggestion.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

LOL, go for it, you must be from the Midwest (where they are confused about pizza).  Let us know how it works out.  

Midwest for sure! 

24 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Op, it has been reported that if you order pizza for delivery (there is a charge), that the pizza is significantly thicker.  I have not experienced this, but others here have.

Thank You

22 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

This is true, we saw one on our last cruise and it did appear noticeably thicker. Good suggestion.

Heck ya!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it unless they’re concerned about it not cooking all the way. If someone orders two pizzas they’ll do it. I’ve ordered extra cheese, extra pepperoni...no problem.

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it unless they’re concerned about it not cooking all the way. If someone orders two pizzas they’ll do it. I’ve ordered extra cheese, extra pepperoni...no problem.

It is the drilled in rules.  I will give an example, I like lobster rolls with butter, went to Seafood hack on Sunrise and they refused to do it (they had the butter ready for the crab legs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it unless they’re concerned about it not cooking all the way.

I didn't think of that. I guess they could cook it twice as long? 🤔

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

If someone orders two pizzas they’ll do it. I’ve ordered extra cheese, extra pepperoni...no problem.

54 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

It is the drilled in rules.  I will give an example, I like lobster rolls with butter, went to Seafood hack on Sunrise and they refused to do it (they had the butter ready for the crab legs

They can do so many other customizations, yet they can't do a thicker pizza?

6 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I didn't think of that. I guess they could cook it twice as long? 🤔

They can do so many other customizations, yet they can't do a thicker pizza?

I think they’re on a conveyer belt...so I guess they’d have to run it through twice?

22 hours ago, MrBigBoy17 said:

We have them make two personal size pizzas with the same dough. So the pizza is smaller but thicker. At least they are not burnt like all there pizzas are. reason. Because it it thicker it takes a little longer to bake. They do the same back time so no burning. We have them smother it with pepperoni and a lot of sauce. Cheese is usually heavy anyhow. At least now they are no longer using goat cheese. Enjoy!

29 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

We have them make two personal size pizzas with the same dough. So the pizza is smaller but thicker. At least they are not burnt like all there pizzas are. reason. Because it it thicker it takes a little longer to bake. They do the same back time so no burning. We have them smother it with pepperoni and a lot of sauce. Cheese is usually heavy anyhow. At least now they are no longer using goat cheese. Enjoy!

The pizza gods are getting angry

15 hours ago, coevan said:

A few things to mention, thick rising dough is made different than thin crusted dough and takes time to proof and rise. They do not bake pizzas. They never used goat cheese, YUK. 

Guess you never read the sign on the ingredients. Last year it was goat cheese. Well you may be correct. But making it a personal pizza the dough was thicker and the edges much higher and nice. Again, not burnt as usual.

On 11/16/2019 at 7:11 PM, coevan said:

because 2 thin crust = 2 thin crust, a deep dish pizza is a different animal.

And a deep dish pizza is a different animal than a thick crust/pan style pizza.  I've actually had pizza where they do 2 thin crusts, and it is as you state - 2 thin crusts, not a thick crust.

18 hours ago, coevan said:

A few things to mention, thick rising dough is made different than thin crusted dough and takes time to proof and rise. They do not bake pizzas. They never used goat cheese, YUK. 

I'm genuinely curious:  how do they cook the pizza if it isn't baked?

• Like 1