Received Offer to Upgrade To YC Royal Suite

lcpagejr

Received offers twice for my 11/30 sailing on the Seaside for YC RS. The first one was for $775 and the one this morning was fro $780. Since I am sailing solo really didn't think it was worth spending the money there's plenty of room for one person in a YC balcony cabin.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:06 AM, surmy555 said:

We received an invite to bid on an upgrade to a RS from a regular YC suite for our January cruise. Minimum bid was $775 PP. We declined to bid.  

We received an invite to bid on an upgrade to the RC Suite (from our YC balcony suite) for our December Divina cruise.  We also had no interest in bidding, given the minimum bid.

Hank

3 hours ago, Barbee524 said:

Received offers twice for my 11/30 sailing on the Seaside for YC RS. The first one was for $775 and the one this morning was fro $780. Since I am sailing solo really didn't think it was worth spending the money there's plenty of room for one person in a YC balcony cabin.

Interesting.  You're the second solo on this sailing who has received the upgrade bid offer.  I wonder why we all did not receive one???  I've seen nothing.

On 11/18/2019 at 9:41 AM, lcpagejr said:

We are sailing on Seaside this Saturday(YC Suite) . Today I received offer to bid for Royal Yacht Club Suite.... 

Has anyone stayed in this type suite? If so... Is it worth it. Only reason I am considering bidding is that there will be 4 of us which would definitely give us more space. Also you only have to pay the PP bid price only for 1st 2 passengers of cabin/Suite. 

Dear Ic, It is probably too late to influence your decision and the RS is probably gone by now. But we canceled a YC deluxe booking on the Meraviglia for a March sailing 2020 because we could not get a Royal suite. Your post is interesting considering how hard it is to book a Royal suite for popular vacation dates. The fact that this upgrade bid offer is a week or so before sailing appears to be an aberration. If we waited with our YC deluxe, we would have been very disappointed not getting your offer and no way of getting our trip refunded at such a late date. There are just so many ' healthy ' Thanksgivings left in ones life not to grab a deal like the one being offered.

P.S. We were in the Royal Seaside suite in June and booked this Royal while on board because it is so fantastic.

P.S.S. See you on board, in two days.

Edited by rattanchair
P.S.S.

We are sailing on Seaside this Saturday(YC Suite) . Today I received offer to bid for Royal Yacht Club Suite.... 

Has anyone stayed in this type suite? If so... Is it worth it. Only reason I am considering bidding is that there will be 4 of us which would definitely give us more space. Also you only have to pay the PP bid price only for 1st 2 passengers of cabin/Suite. 

Dear Ic,  Are you sure that this Saturday is 11/23/2019 ?  Because I am booked in RS #16024 and I just contacted Ron and Joel who are booked in RS # 16037. There are only these two Royal Suites.

Posted in MSC Seasude November 23, 2019

1 hour ago, rattanchair said:

Dear Joel & Ron,  " Icpagejr "has reported this week that they received an upgrade offer from a YC Deluxe to a Royal suite for this Thanksgiving sailing. We are packed and ready to go. If you did not cancel your Royal suite, then both of us are in for a surprise when we get on board.

We’re packed as well! Barring a last minute emergency we’ll see you there! You can always spot me because I normally have some identifying Clemson gear on...hat or shirt! 

Safe travels...

Joel

For those too lazy to go to roll call I posted Joel's reply. Something is amiss....

Rat

Edited by rattanchair
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, rattanchair said:

Dear Ic,  Are you sure that this Saturday is 11/23/2019 ?  Because I am booked in RS #16024 and I just contacted Ron and Joel who are booked in RS # 16037. There are only these two Royal Suites.

No worries....I did bid...but never received a response. I too thought it was strange for a offer over a Holiday period. I thought perhaps there was a cancellation,etc    Knowing you and a friend have the 2 Royal Suites makes me question why they even bothered????  Oh well...no biggie. We booked our YC Suite cabin just 2 weeks ago on a last minute cruise .We are thrilled to be back on Seaside and in YC again...We were last on Seaside in 3/2018 and thoroughly were pampered and had a wonderful cruise experience. Happy sailings and perhaps we will have the opportunity to meet onboard! 

On 11/20/2019 at 1:09 PM, Toofarfromthesea said:

Or, is it possible that the big number is on the 14 day version of the cruise and the smaller number is for that 7 day version?  Both the 11/23 on Seaside and the 11/23, presumably on Meraviglia, have 7 and 14 day versions.

The $1675 pp bid offer was for a 7 night cruise. I’m also wondering if they are just testing the waters to see what people are willing to bid. Regardless, we’re excited about our YC balcony room and boarding tomorrow! First time in YC!

Well, all is well. No one outbid the two Royal Suites that have been booked for months. They just have to be testing the waters. Most posters on the CC have been complaining of being priced out of the Royal Suites as MSC keeps inflating the prices. What better way than a fake bidding to test that CC posters are full of 'hot air'

@rattanchair

We'd be grateful for your thoughts on why the Royal suite in YC is worth the price of admission

We have B2B and have been invted to bid

At first blush I find it unworthy and my DH feels it requires a second glance

What are the perks--both in terms of $ and intrinsic that may make this worth the bid

TYIA

I/we appreciate your thoughts/humor and posts

On 11/21/2019 at 9:46 PM, rattanchair said:
Posted in MSC Seasude November 23, 2019

1 hour ago, rattanchair said:

Dear Joel & Ron,  " Icpagejr "has reported this week that they received an upgrade offer from a YC Deluxe to a Royal suite for this Thanksgiving sailing. We are packed and ready to go. If you did not cancel your Royal suite, then both of us are in for a surprise when we get on board.

We’re packed as well! Barring a last minute emergency we’ll see you there! You can always spot me because I normally have some identifying Clemson gear on...hat or shirt! 

Safe travels...

Joel

For those too lazy to go to roll call I posted Joel's reply. Something is amiss....

Rat

Joel

GOOO TIGERS

Great game today

16 hours ago, Fogfog said:

@rattanchair

We'd be grateful for your thoughts on why the Royal suite in YC is worth the price of admission

We have B2B and have been invted to bid

At first blush I find it unworthy and my DH feels it requires a second glance

What are the perks--both in terms of $ and intrinsic that may make this worth the bid

TYIA

I/we appreciate your thoughts/humor and posts

Only perk on Seaside is cabana by pool with cooler of drinks.  Supposed to be snacks but we only got one day.  Other than size of room and whirlpool on deck, nothing special included VS a deluxe.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Only perk on Seaside is cabana by pool with cooler of drinks.  Supposed to be snacks but we only got one day.  Other than size of room and whirlpool on deck, nothing special included VS a deluxe.

TY

While the room size is a true suite, we just don't see the value at the bid rate they are asking... at least since we are only a party of two. If we were traveling with others in YC, then having the Royal and our family in other YC rooms may prove useful. 

Have been surprised to see a table for 6 listed in the plans but 360 pics on the website show no dining table/chairs present on that deck. Hard to determine the width-depth of that wrap deck

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Have been surprised to see a table for 6 listed in the plans but 360 pics on the website show no dining table/chairs present on that deck.

The table/chairs were added after the ship launched. They were added around Spring 2018 (about 6 weeks before I stayed there).

Edited by Two Wheels Only