Royal vs Celebrity Cruise

calbma13

Royal vs Celebrity Ship  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What cruise should I choose?

• Royal Caribbean Odyssey of the Seas, 8 night, Aruba, Grand Cayman & Cozumel
    • Celebrity Apex, 7 night, Key West, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman

Unless you are dead set on going to Key West or Costa Maya, or there is a certain aspect of Celebrity you can not do without, the longer cruise with more "At Sea" days will always win out. 

Royal for me!

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

It will be just myself and husband for my 40th birthday (leaving the teenage son at home).  I have cruised once on Celebrity Equinox but will be diamond on Royal in February and have done everything from Empress to Symphony (never Quantum class).

13 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Depends on three things:

1. Price

2. Whether you have a suite

3. Is there free drinks on Celebrity?

Price is about the same when I included drinks, internet, and gratuities. It would be a balcony on RC and infinite veranda on Celebrity 

We discovered Royal a couple of years ago and have Diamond status via Celebrity Elite transfer.  Love the Diamond HH, it is even better than Celebrity Elite's HH.

We have focused more on Royal since Celebrity started bundling drink package promos and its prices really moved up.  Royal doesn't do that.

Now, I compare the two, as well as Princess and HAL, which we have never cruised on.  What I have found recently is that Royal is beating Celebrity's prices every time.  While we give a slight edge to Celebrity due to dining, Royal's entertainment is better, se we go with low price.

You can't compare the food - Celebrity vs RC, Celebrity will win that by far.

For me its about the ship but you have two fine ships....but having the internet/drink package and such really is a deal.

I would have a difficult time choosing that one, love Aruba, love the extra night but the food on Celebrity lol.  I would choose Celebrity, but whatever you choose you have two great ships.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, calbma13 said:

Price is about the same when I included drinks, internet, and gratuities. It would be a balcony on RC and infinite veranda on Celebrity 

In that case . . .

The very best part of the Edge class of ship is reserved for suite guests only

That is your answer

Caveat: Spectrum's best solarium section is for suite and Diamond (and above) guests only, so we will have to wait on Odyssey pronouncements

• Thanks 1

Celebrity is the superior product.  We have sailed Harmony a few times and have an upcoming Symphony cruise (all in suites) but its because the kids like it.  If we didn't have kids I wouldn't even bother with Royal anymore.  Especially with Edge and Apex.  Celebrity Suite class is far better than Royal's.  

20 hours ago, calbma13 said:

It will be just myself and husband for my 40th birthday (leaving the teenage son at home).  I have cruised once on Celebrity Equinox but will be diamond on Royal in February and have done everything from Empress to Symphony (never Quantum class).

I would pick Apex if you haven't sailed Celebrity Edge Class.

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Because those pesky Zeniths don't get in the way?

They're not pesky.  They don't get in the way.  They're not allowed in Luminae if they don't pay for a suite.  And they're not allowed on the suite sun deck if they don't pay for a suite.  It is an actual, exclusive suite experience unlike Royal which allows NSPPs in all suite areas.  

Edited by Andy C
  • Like 2

We are elite on Celebrity and received reciprocal diamond status on our first cruise on rccl. We are now approaching diamond plus on rccl. We still sail both lines - it’s very much dependent on the itinerary and price. 

• Like 1

I would pick rccl for two reasons, one a longer cruise and other is entertainment, rccl has far superior entertainment in general. However if I was booking a suite I would do celebrity which has much nicer perks , suite restaurant and lounge also new retreat area for suites only. 

• Like 2

Celebrity for sure. We enjoyed the Edge (sister ship) to the Apex. Unless you need all the gimmicks of the mega ships. Edge more interesting, better food, less to do at night. Fewer shows. Infinite balcony is a different experience then a traditional balcony. We did one week infinite balcony, one week sky suite. Highly recommend the suite benifits on Celebrity if you have an opportunity to upgrade. Either way sounds like you will have fun and can not go wrong. 

• Like 2