Shuttles from Barcelona airport

impala1ss

46 minutes ago, impala1ss said:

I did this. They do not provide shuttles. The passengers are on their own. I was just looking for some recommendations and costs.

They do not provide  a fee based transfer??

Odd  they provide them in most other  embarkation ports

18 hours ago, impala1ss said:

I did this. They do not provide shuttles. The passengers are on their own. I was just looking for some recommendations and costs.

If you are using Oceania booked air flights and arriving on the same day as the cruise departs, there would have been a shuttle offer via Oceania but for a fee that is generally 4 times higher than a taxi for 2 people.   Taxi or car service is best.  Here is one we have used in Barcelona: https://www.suntransfers.com/#?passengers=2&direction=1&legs=2

There is a standard rate for the taxi in Barcelona.  We took one from the terminal to the airport in October and it was much nicer.  They sometimes will see if others will go with you to the airport which reduces the cost as it is a set price for each taxi.  I think it was 40Euros for both of us and our luggage.

• Like 1

The cheapest way is to get the airport bus, called aerobus (€5.90) the nearest stop to the cruise terminal is Plaça de Catalunya which is the final stop. From there you can either walk down La Ramblas, approx 10-15 min walk then catch local port/cruise shuttle bus (approx €3), or take the areobus to final stop then take the metro (€2.20) for 1 stop, get off at Drassanes, then walk a few minutes to port shuttle/cruise bus which will drop you off at your ship. The port/cruise shuttle is on Passeig de Colom (street) across from the Christopher Columbus monument. Or get a taxi from areobus final stop.

Or book a shared shuttle bus or a taxi from airport. 

We are currently in Barcelona.  We took a taxi from the queue  at the airport. Long line but moved incredibly fast. 35 euros.  That included baggage surcharge and a bit of rerouting due to some closed streets because  of protesters. We went to Hotel Jazz near Placa Cataluna.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 10:09 PM, impala1ss said:

Thanks to all who responded. It looks like the taxi is the way to go.

Yup sure is.  You are paying a lot of money for your cruise so don't cheap out on the taxi.  Not much fun dragging luggage thru the street. 

We always do our own transfers in a beginning and ending port -- sometimes a private service but most of the time just a cab.  The only exception is when we might be in a far away airport from the destination city, but that has only happened extremely rarely.  For example, when we fly into LHR and have to get to Dover.  That isn't really feasible by cab unless, of course, money is no object.

In Barcelona, the cab is very easy.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:09 PM, RJB said:

Yup sure is.  You are paying a lot of money for your cruise so don't cheap out on the taxi.  Not much fun dragging luggage thru the street. 

Agree with you. Besides,  from what Oceania usually charges for airport-port transfers, you'd probably save money by taking a cab.

Of course, if you wish to save a little more, you could take the airport bus from Barcelona Airport to Plaza Espana in Barcelona, and grab a taxi from there to the port. It will be just a reasonably short ride in taxi. I am not sure how much the airport bus ticket is, but I guess you MIGHT save some money. For me, for convenience, I would just take the taxi, as the distance from the airport to the port is not as far as in some cities. Just make sure you have a metered cab though.

22 minutes ago, Gnoelj said:

Agree with you. Besides,  from what Oceania usually charges for airport-port transfers, you'd probably save money by taking a cab.

Of course, if you wish to save a little more, you could take the airport bus from Barcelona Airport to Plaza Espana in Barcelona, and grab a taxi from there to the port. It will be just a reasonably short ride in taxi. I am not sure how much the airport bus ticket is, but I guess you MIGHT save some money. For me, for convenience, I would just take the taxi, as the distance from the airport to the port is not as far as in some cities. Just make sure you have a metered cab though.

From the airport usually a flat rate.   Just make sure when you get in the cab.  

Taxi is best way..... Go to the head of the Official Taxi taxi line and tell the dispatcher where you want to go. He will make sure  the cab can handle your luggage and he will confirm the fixed price with you and the driver. I believe they all accept credit cards but check with the dispatcher. You'll be at the ship before the Oceania transfer bus is loaded at the Airport