BOARDING SYPHONY OF THE SEAS SATURDAY

daisyday33

We are boarding Symphony of the Seas on Saturday, November 23, with our family of 13 in 4 cabins.....  Questions:

1.  Can we board earlier than our 'stated' time on our Sea Pass paperwork?  (We all got different times on our registrations, from 1:00 to 3:00).  

2.  If we can come earlier than our 'boarding time', what it is the earliest you have arrived at port and been able to get checked in and board?  (No, we did not purchase a special pass to get on early and we have only cruised Royal once before).

3.  If we can board earlier - what time should we arrive at port (I'm assuming there will be a line) and how long was your wait in line?

4.  We were not able to book the shows online (they were gone quickly), so now we need to get onboard as soon as possible and try to book the shows on the ship - Where do we go to book the shows?  (When I call the Royal Caribbean phone number, they told me to go to the Guest Services desk to book the shows, but I can't believe they'll take care of that there with all the other questions people will be standing in line for on that day.... We just don't want to wait in the wrong place only to find out we lost an hour).

5.  We have 6 children 14 and under - Does anyone have thoughts on the Adventure Ocean activities?  Did your child attend?  What age were they and what were there favorite things to do?  We have two 11 year old girls and a 9 year old girl - I'm thinking there should be some fun things for them but I can't get them excited about it because I don't really know what they have to offer...…      2 - 14 year old girls...…   1 - 8 year old boy...…     1 - 17 year old girl

6.  Does anyone have a copy of the youth activities things that are going on?  Are there daily activities like for the adults?

Thank you all so much for ANY information you can pass on!  We're so excited about this adventure!

You can board any time you like, suggested boarding times have not been enforced.  You can probably check-in after 10am and board around 11am.

With regard to booking shows, you will be given a flyer at check-in with the location of the "box office" for that day.  If not, check the Day 1 Cruise Compass.

44 minutes ago, daisyday33 said:

1.  Can we board earlier than our 'stated' time on our Sea Pass paperwork?  (We all got different times on our registrations, from 1:00 to 3:00).  

Those are usually CHECK IN times and can be ignored.

48 minutes ago, daisyday33 said:

3.  If we can board earlier - what time should we arrive at port (I'm assuming there will be a line) and how long was your wait in line?

There are many on here that would suggest 10am. I disagree totally in most cases. Ideally, you want to board just as they are opening rooms which is typically 1 or 1:30.  Otherwise you are dragging carry ons around which is going to stink for a group with so many kids. However, since you are concerned about getting reservations, you do need to get on board ASAP.  My thought is that you might want to have the reservation makers get on early with the rest checking in later. 

Boarding the Symphony at Terminal A is a chaotic mess.  People leaving, people arriving, narrow passageway, construction...……………….

My advice is to get there around noon.  Or as suggested above, 1.  Then with all of those kids in tow, you  have the convenience of being able to go straight to your cabins and drop off your carry-ons.  Lunch will be available until 3 or so.

In relation to the kids club questions, make them go the first night. They introduce everyone and go over everything. It is not specific things that are fun, they just are. Games , activities silly stuff. All my kids have enjoyed it. A selling point for kids is they can go to kids club and stay late or go to bed. You do have a gang so they could hang out together with check back with you times. Just have them try it.